Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S2000 goes down hard....

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 09:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAUS1
10's or 11's...haha tell me how? Lets keep in mind just to get them hook is going to cost you more than you think.
But please tell me how you would go about doing this cause you are mistaken!
Really?

I put my friend's Civic together for him, just a beater '95 Civic DX hatch with a $500 B18B (1.8L non-VTEC, 140hp) swap, a peiced together turbo kit (SFP manifold, T04E 60-trim, 38mm TiAL, GReddy FMIC, 2.5" DP open, 880's, Uberdata) which totalled less than $1500, and all told he was laying down 113mph traps at 12psi when the car was tuned for 15psi (kept breaking axles at 15psi at the track). I think his best was only like 12.6 @ 112.. with a 2.4 60'. There's another local down here with a hatch and stock LS motor, bascaly same setup, turned 11.7's on DR' with a little less than 350whp.

You'd be amazed how easy it is to make a Honda go fast, I personally just got tired of having one for a DD which is why I jumped to F-bodies, but I know when I see a hatchback with an FMIC, I should be worried because you can't tell the 11 second ones from the 14 second ones.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:31 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can make ANYTHING fast...keeping it streetable, "somewhat " reliable and tame enough to be more than just a "track car" is an entirely different ballgame.
Old 03-31-2005, 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
You can make ANYTHING fast...keeping it streetable, "somewhat " reliable and tame enough to be more than just a "track car" is an entirely different ballgame.
Likewise, with enough money even the most insane Honda can me made streetable when needed.

There are at least 6 street driven 450whp+ Honda's right here in Miami alone, I know this because I know most of the owners
Old 03-31-2005, 04:25 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
Likewise, with enough money even the most insane Honda can me made streetable when needed.

There are at least 6 street driven 450whp+ Honda's right here in Miami alone, I know this because I know most of the owners

That's cool. My comments weren't directed towards you specifically....just a general comment
Old 03-31-2005, 06:26 PM
Teching In

haha good kill! The ricers hate it when when you wave bye to them and all they can hear is your exhaust. those s2k's are fun to drive, only thing that sucks is shifting every two seconds to get it to go anywhere.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:18 PM
On The Tree

The best excuse for S2000 owners is that they would take you on a road course. They dont realize death by torque while coming out of the corners.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Flawless
The best excuse for S2000 owners is that they would take you on a road course. They dont realize death by torque while coming out of the corners.
You would need that Tq to bring your heavy car out of that corner. On the road corse, its not about the power, its about how much speed you can take with you into and out of the corner. I ve seen a vid of a 04 MR2 kill a Z06 on the track til they hit the back stright
Old 03-31-2005, 08:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BLACKTURBOS2K
You would need that Tq to bring your heavy car out of that corner. On the road corse, its not about the power, its about how much speed you can take with you into and out of the corner. I ve seen a vid of a 04 MR2 kill a Z06 on the track til they hit the back stright
Once you are exiting a corner, the car with more HP is going to pull away. Given 2 equal drivers.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Flawless
Once you are exiting a corner, the car with more HP is going to pull away. Given 2 equal drivers.
..it's getting through the corner that tells you who'se gonna win, provided the straights are 3 miles long.
Old 04-01-2005, 03:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
..it's getting through the corner that tells you who'se gonna win, provided the straights are 3 miles long.
It is not about the power as much as it is about how much speed you have when you leave the corner. Just because you could pull a stock s2k in a line does not mean you are going to stay with it when it turns. If you are going into a S turn what does power have to do with that??? What is the lb front to back on a Z28? 60frt 40 rear? the s2k is 49frt and 51 rear. Then how long will your breaks last? 1-2 laps? Your cars do what they are made to do, sometimes well but they are not made for a roadcorse. Mine does ok on the road but it wont do as well as your in a line, thats stock vs stock
Old 04-01-2005, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

It is not about the power as much as it is about how much speed you have when you leave the corner. Just because you could pull a stock s2k in a line does not mean you are going to stay with it when it turns. If you are going into a S turn what does power have to do with that??? What is the lb front to back on a Z28? 60frt 40 rear? the s2k is 49frt and 51 rear. Then how long will your breaks last? 1-2 laps? Your cars do what they are made to do, sometimes well but they are not made for a roadcorse. Mine does ok on the road but it wont do as well as your in a line, thats stock vs stock

Yes but ur severly underestimating the handling capabilities of the f-body my friend read this article the SS camaro deffinitley beat the s2000 on the roadcourse http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1 look on page 3 and 5 ofthis article for thier times
Old 04-01-2005, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DriveFastAlways
Yes but ur severly underestimating the handling capabilities of the f-body my friend read this article the SS camaro deffinitley beat the s2000 on the roadcourse http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....&page_number=1 look on page 3 and 5 ofthis article for thier times
I have seen this. If you look at the track there are little turns on it. I do understand that the s2k will lose some times on a road corse but thats why I said the Z28 not the SS. Just like we have a better 0-60 but the f-body should do better???
Old 04-01-2005, 04:10 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen this. If you look at the track there are little turns on it. I do understand that the s2k will lose some times on a road corse but thats why I said the Z28 not the SS. Just like we have a better 0-60 but the f-body should do better???

I'll be driving my boat (all power/ near stock brakes) at Sebring next month. I probably won't push it very hard (as I won't be able to slow down very well), but I'm sure it'll be fun nonetheless. I just drove Sebring last weekend in a Barber Dodge (all brakes/ ok power).
You can make anything do anything on a roadcourse with money. "Run what ya brung" is not exclusive to dragracing.

PS. Z28=SS suspensionwise (at least in the later years).
Old 04-01-2005, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

well said
Old 04-20-2005, 05:44 PM
On The Tree

ull *** rape him any way you do it, thought being an auto a dig will be better, much better.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by firebaby
Hi Guy's
Will my stock 2002 WS6 A4 kick the *** of a 2003 S2k.

Yes...run him from a dead stop, the way racing should be.
Old 04-20-2005, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

ur 0-60 is not necesarilly better cause if we hook up your done from the begining. And also an ss is the exact same ******* thing as a z28 with different hood spoiler and wheels and if you dont believe me ask anyone knowledgable on the subject. And if you ever wanna play with an ss on the twisties give me a pm
Old 04-20-2005, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DriveFastAlways
ur 0-60 is not necesarilly better cause if we hook up your done from the begining. And also an ss is the exact same ******* thing as a z28 with different hood spoiler and wheels and if you dont believe me ask anyone knowledgable on the subject. And if you ever wanna play with an ss on the twisties give me a pm
I am down. Just let me know when. All I ask is for you not ot get butt hurt if I win. On the other hand, You want to run the 1/4? Thats where your car is "fast", right? Here is my e-mail blkturbos2k@yahoo.com My car should be out of the shop next week. After I put my 750+ miles on it and retune it we are good to go. I have to retune it because the motor is a 2.1-2.2lt I dont know what 2mm does for pistons but they are over sized. He is a InlinePro car, just like mine but his has a smaller turbo and not a very good EMS. This car did 521rwhp he ran a 11.5 @ 129mph on street tires. I will have about 100+ rwhp then this car. Like I said, I am down Just let me know and bring your cam!
Old 04-20-2005, 09:21 PM
11 Second Club

Here is the link http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1209499
Old 04-20-2005, 11:37 PM
Staging Lane

I am down. Just let me know when. All I ask is for you not ot get butt hurt if I win. On the other hand, You want to run the 1/4? Thats where your car is "fast", right? Here is my e-mail blkturbos2k@yahoo.com My car should be out of the shop next week. After I put my 750+ miles on it and retune it we are good to go. I have to retune it because the motor is a 2.1-2.2lt I dont know what 2mm does for pistons but they are over sized. He is a InlinePro car, just like mine but his has a smaller turbo and not a very good EMS. This car did 521rwhp he ran a 11.5 @ 129mph on street tires. I will have about 100+ rwhp then this car. Like I said, I am down Just let me know and bring your cam!

you're playing into the same "american cars can't handle" stereotype that import enthusiasts have been ranting about for years. you're no better than american car enthusiasts that write off all imports as "gay and slow".

look at your post, you're making someone promise not to get mad if you win where your car is usually "fast", but then acting as if it's lame when an LSx wants to run where their car is usually at an advantage? **** that.

so promise not to get butthurt when a lowly cam/n20 LS1 beats your fully built 20+ psi, 110 octane, stand-alone management car down the 1320. ok?

^^^ see how ridiculous that sounds?