Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

S2000 goes down hard....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 06:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by loudpipes
you're playing into the same "american cars can't handle" stereotype that import enthusiasts have been ranting about for years. you're no better than american car enthusiasts that write off all imports as "gay and slow".

look at your post, you're making someone promise not to get mad if you win where your car is usually "fast", but then acting as if it's lame when an LSx wants to run where their car is usually at an advantage? **** that.

so promise not to get butthurt when a lowly cam/n20 LS1 beats your fully built 20+ psi, 110 octane, stand-alone management car down the 1320. ok?

^^^ see how ridiculous that sounds?
He is the one that called me out! If he beats me then good for hi, I wont be hurt. He had the better car that day. Yes I know a ls1 with a 150+ shot is damn fast. But I am up for anything. I like to race, not for money but for fun. People do get butt hurt over money
Old 04-21-2005, 08:12 AM
On The Tree

i agree racing should be fun regardless, nothing like a little challenge
Old 04-21-2005, 03:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DriveFastAlways
i agree racing should be fun regardless, nothing like a little challenge
Like I said, I am down for some fun
Old 04-21-2005, 03:41 PM
On The Tree

And actually no i dont want to race in the 1/4 i want to play on the back roads where my car shines **** the quarter
Old 04-21-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HAUS1
10's or 11's...haha tell me how? Lets keep in mind just to get them hook is going to cost you more than you think.
But please tell me how you would go about doing this cause you are mistaken!
My friend had an 02 s/c'ed S2k making 300whp, and it was beautiful. Another buddy of mine had a t3/t4 .64a/r B18 that made 370whp around 17.5psi. I have pics of their cars somewhere on this PC.. I never got to race the S2K, but the B18 handed me my *** from 70mph - 140mph (at the time bone stock 02Z). He had me by about 2 car-lengths, though from a light it was buh bye, but we stopped before we hit 60, im sure he woulda caught up.

Though I also went the turbo FWD route, the upkeep made me sell, (and the tremendous torque steer.) The B18 went through 2 engines, both different forged combos, but I think it was the shop's fault. But all modified cars can run into problems. We (the B18 and myself) had our rediculous share of them.. which is why I personally prefer the power of the V8.

Unfortunately, ricers have earned import tuners bad names. TurboS2k your car is awesome,no matter how many diffs you go though. I'd be proud to lose a race to you, and just to have seen your car.

Haus, though you may have seen many shitball ricedup cars, nice imports, (and fast) do exist. Careful not to talk trash, because one day that primer colored CRX you laugh at may just be a total sleeper.

Last edited by Rescue Ranger; 04-21-2005 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:17 PM
11 Second Club

[QUOTE=firebaby]
Originally Posted by VTC_WS6
Really?

Whats FMIC

How does it make them into 11 sec.
?
FMIC = Front Mount InterCooler. Thats it, it is much more easy to write
Old 04-21-2005, 09:25 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rescue Ranger
My friend had an 02 s/c'ed S2k making 300whp, and it was beautiful. Another buddy of mine had a t3/t4 .64a/r B18 that made 370whp around 17.5psi. I have pics of their cars somewhere on this PC.. I never got to race the S2K, but the B18 handed me my *** from 70mph - 140mph (at the time bone stock 02Z). He had me by about 2 car-lengths, though from a light it was buh bye, but we stopped before we hit 60, im sure he woulda caught up.

Though I also went the turbo FWD route, the upkeep made me sell, (and the tremendous torque steer.) The B18 went through 2 engines, both different forged combos, but I think it was the shop's fault. But all modified cars can run into problems. We (the B18 and myself) had our rediculous share of them.. which is why I personally prefer the power of the V8.

Unfortunately, ricers have earned import tuners bad names. TurboS2k your car is awesome,no matter how many diffs you go though. I'd be proud to lose a race to you, and just to have seen your car.

Haus, though you may have seen many shitball ricedup cars, nice imports, (and fast) do exist. Careful not to talk trash, because one day that primer colored CRX you laugh at may just be a total sleeper.
Thanks man. I have put ALOT of time and money into this damn car. When I get it out I should have the fastest S-2000 in the USA. The shop is saying high 9s but I will be happy with mid to high 10s. We have a diff set up on its way from Aust. The Drive Shaft Shop in NY is going to make the drive shaft and axels. I really want a auto os a slap **** but that is BIG money, Like $20k from Holinger.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Teching In

A friend of mine bought an S2k and we put a vortech supercharger on it. 300HP at the rear wheels.

Above about 30mph he could pull on anything - it was a hell of a lot of fun reving to 8-9k and shifting through the gears out on the freeway. Felt a lot like you were on a croch rocket.

But then we went to the track ...

It did a best of 13.9 with a trap of about 110-120 (cant remember). They have NO low end and are almost impossible to launch without shitting some drivetrain part out the back. I beat him with my 14s 3rd gen camaro most of the time until he finally learned how to launch. Definitely not a drag car.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by insaneclown
A friend of mine bought an S2k and we put a vortech supercharger on it. 300HP at the rear wheels.

Above about 30mph he could pull on anything - it was a hell of a lot of fun reving to 8-9k and shifting through the gears out on the freeway. Felt a lot like you were on a croch rocket.

But then we went to the track ...

It did a best of 13.9 with a trap of about 110-120 (cant remember). They have NO low end and are almost impossible to launch without shitting some drivetrain part out the back. I beat him with my 14s 3rd gen camaro most of the time until he finally learned how to launch. Definitely not a drag car.
there's no way it was trapping 120 FYI. s/c S2000s usually trap 108-112 depending on traction, whether or not it's aftercooled, tuned, etc etc.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
What ^^^^ said.

285hp LS1? LT1s are 275hp LOL...maybe you got confused.
Actually LT1s were under-rated as badly as the LS1s. Figure in 18-20% drivetrain loss (auto) and most LT1s were around 310 at the crank

Do the math. Most LT1s dyno stock at 255-270 RWHP. I dynoed 261 RWHP through my 4L60E. So that means with my catback (all I had at the time) I would be at roughly 307-313 FWHP, at the time of the dyno.

GM said my car came with 275 FWHP. You're telling me I picked up 40 HP from a catback? Riiiiight... Only if I owned a Honda..

Seems to me the F-Body LT1s were under-rated for the same reason the LS1s were. So as to not be competition for the corvette.

The vette was faster cuz it was lighter.

Last edited by 25thAnnivTransAm; 04-29-2005 at 08:56 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

i dunno, if i strapped on a vortech and only made 300 to the meats i'd probably run my piece into the nearest bridge abatement. i know, i know, but he pulled anything up top, they all do.