Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

my first kill in the 04 z06!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first kill in the 04 z06!!!

well, yesterday i decided to take my new ride out for a spin and as i am merging on to the highway i see in my rearview mirror a sonic blue cobra. i wasnt expecting nor was i about to start a race since i cant afford to get a ticket in this thing or my insurance will climb up the sky. anyways, he paces with me til we get to one of the tolls here in miami (sw 40st). he pays his toll and guns it so hard that spun out nasty and started rowing gears. i proceeded to just drive at the maximum speed limit and i see him hitting his brakes kinda of waiting for me to catch up to him. he lowers his window and i see it was two guys inside the car. they were like " u wanna go man" i am like allright, but i cant do it at a low mph roll since i will spin tires badly ( i am still on my stock good years) and he was like " me too and i am almost stock with just a x pipe and cat back". we punched at a 40mph roll and we both spun and were dead even til about 90mph. after that i started pulling away from him and had about 2 cars on him by 130mph and he showed no sign of reeling me in. i shut down and he pulls up next to me and he said to try to do it again, but at a higher mph roll since he spun really bad. i said ok, we both hit it at 50mph and i had about 3 cars on him by the time we hit 130mph. he rolls down his window and gives me thumbs up on the race.
i miss my SS, but not after being behind the wheel of my z06.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Nice kill. He needs a CAI to go with that exhaust so he can put down right at 400-420 RWHP, yes they vary that much. Ya need to get some stickier rubber on that thing. Watch for the pullied ones though.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

Nice kill!!! I like the way you said you weren't going to race...but look at what happens.. It is hard to resist...when you have that bug..you just got to do it.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:30 AM
TECH Apprentice

it would be interesting to run a pullied cobra. i want to run one soon and if i do lose then ill definetely start the modding process.lol
Old 04-05-2005, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

I'm sure there's lots of 'em in FL to play with. Go on http://www.svtperformance.com/forums and set one up. I'm sure you'll find a willing dance partner. Just make sure it's not a KB or Whipplecharged car.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

thats for sure. i am hoping that it is not a kb. minor bolt ons would be fine. i actually do have a race locked in against a 04 cobra with bolt ons and pullied. it is the same cobra i posted a video of my camaro ss beating it.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Nice kill....The Cobra is a good contender...'specially with a KB blower....you better check into the magnacharger so you have no worries...

There is LOTS of fast Cobra's in FL.

Killabyte for example...........
Old 04-05-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Regular

nice kill man, i've thought about trading in my ss vert for a z06 a few times but i don't know if i could go back to a fixed roof. plus, isn't modding a vette a lot more expensive than modding an f-body?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mongoose
nice kill man, i've thought about trading in my ss vert for a z06 a few times but i don't know if i could go back to a fixed roof. plus, isn't modding a vette a lot more expensive than modding an f-body?
Unfortunately, yes it is.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mongoose
it is more money, but you can always find good deals. besides, thats one of the reasons why u get a z06 so u dont really need to mod right away. also, their resale value is outstanding compared to any other corvette if you ask me. you should have no problem picking one up with low miles for just over 30k dollars. i particularly paid 34k for my 04z06 with only 11k miles and it is still under factory warranty. i wont mod til my warranty is up so that way i can use and abuse it while it is stock and take it in to the dealer if anything goes wrong with it.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Nice kill, I think ya might have a problem with a pullied one tho...
Old 04-05-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good kill... sweet car too, got to love the ZO6.

Tom
Old 04-05-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Joegt38
thats what i am betting on. if i do, then it will only make me start modding my z06 and go back out.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:50 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
thats what i am betting on. if i do, then it will only make me start modding my z06 and go back out.
Funny the way that works. I'm the same way. I've bought some of my best mods shortly after getting a good reaming (especially if the victor was also a ****-talker ).
Old 04-05-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whitecamaross
well, yesterday i decided to take my new ride out for a spin and as i am merging on to the highway i see in my rearview mirror a sonic blue cobra. i wasnt expecting nor was i about to start a race since i cant afford to get a ticket in this thing or my insurance will climb up the sky. anyways, he paces with me til we get to one of the tolls here in miami (sw 40st). he pays his toll and guns it so hard that spun out nasty and started rowing gears. i proceeded to just drive at the maximum speed limit and i see him hitting his brakes kinda of waiting for me to catch up to him. he lowers his window and i see it was two guys inside the car. they were like " u wanna go man" i am like allright, but i cant do it at a low mph roll since i will spin tires badly ( i am still on my stock good years) and he was like " me too and i am almost stock with just a x pipe and cat back". we punched at a 40mph roll and we both spun and were dead even til about 90mph. after that i started pulling away from him and had about 2 cars on him by 130mph and he showed no sign of reeling me in. i shut down and he pulls up next to me and he said to try to do it again, but at a higher mph roll since he spun really bad. i said ok, we both hit it at 50mph and i had about 3 cars on him by the time we hit 130mph. he rolls down his window and gives me thumbs up on the race.
i miss my SS, but not after being behind the wheel of my z06.
Good Kill man I can't wait for the new ZO6, then It's cobra hunting time.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SmaknSS
Good Kill man I can't wait for the new ZO6, then It's cobra hunting time.
I know how you feel, i cant wait till the 07 Cobra comes out in spring 2006, then its open season on newer ZO6's
Old 04-06-2005, 06:07 AM
12 Second Club

Im still waiting for my warranty to end, have another couple months.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Joegt38
That's why I added some boost... no more worries here!
Old 04-06-2005, 07:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Wet 1]That's why I added some boost... no more worries here! [/QU
ill probably spray it if anything. boost is too much money on a z06
Old 04-06-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

This is gonna be fun when the new Z and the new Cobra hit the streets.