Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

why you everyone should HUNT Evos. . .

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey mods whats goin on since when have we let riceburners into this forum??? 11.7? are you serious? like vanbibber says there are plenty of how do you say "undercompensated underpaid 7 dollar an hour douchebags" that will walk laps around you and your little evo 8 viii or whatever other numbers you want in there... go back to the evo forums and
Old 05-29-2005, 03:09 PM
RIP April 14, 2008

Location: the land where cars repeatedly hit my bumper when I'm in the store...
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

That guy doesn't even belong in the Evo forums. 99% of those guys aren't nearly as ignorant.

Hey I'll tell you what if our cars had crappy MAF's that would possibly shut the engine off when next to something real loud, or some other humorous fault, (like our crappy interiors, aging engine technology, all those things people rag on SBC's for) I'd expect other people at M3forums, SRTforums or Evoforums, or whatever to have a little fun at our expense too. And they do! So get over it, roll with the punches, stop trying to recover your obvious lack of respect for yourself and anyone else with your ET.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TexasEvo
It's just funny, I can finally put a face to the morons that rev their engines at BOTH my 72 camaro and my Evo 8 then gun it at a light into a parked car, into a waiting speed trap my Valentine 1 was screaming about or into 30 mph residential zones in an attempt to kill children in mini vans.

And, edit to the above post, my MAF is fine. Although the Evo is the slower of my two vehicles, Im fairly confident that an 11.7 on C16 is plenty quick enough to hand you your ***.

I wouldn't even have to waste the gas to bring out my 72, at 4-7mpg it gets rather expensive to put children in their place with it.

So yes, for you my Evo is the next step up. And my 72 454 big block with open exhaust dumps, demon carb, , ceramic coated headers, 4:11 9 bolt with old fashioned posi love, etc, etc is a good hike up Mount Kilamanjaru for you.

wait wait wait... 11.7 on C-16

i have owned cars making 600 rwhp on 93 octane.. and building another 600 rwhp car for pumpgas as we speak

What makes you think that the evo is a step above the ls1 anyways. an Lt1 i can agree, but a nice 02 ws6 six speed car.. i think not.

I cant doubt the potential of EVO's. a buddy of mine just ordered the 2.3 liter stroker package for his car. and he is a solid 12.2 car at the moment. I have seen plenty here in houston that can run, but you look like a complete moron trying to argue here.

and by the way, your 72 camaro just sounds like your basic redneck build up car with a loud and abnoxious big block in it. not to mention the 9-bolt rear end.. WTF?!?! maybe a 12 bolt or 14 bolt, or FORD 9 INCH rear end..

if you would have said, i have a 468 big block with wiseco pistons, bad *** callies crank, oliver rods, big chief heads and a 300 direct port and sounded like you KNEW what you were talking about.. i might have not laughed so hard at your post... but oh well.

You need to return to your board child. I love getting new members with different cars to bring in their opinion on things, but you my friend are just a waste.
Old 05-29-2005, 03:42 PM
Launching!

wow this means i not only have a killer car, but my truck would kill an evo too !!!!
Old 05-29-2005, 05:45 PM
9 Second Club

Red face

I beat a silver 72 camaro with a 454 and 150 shot 3-4 times a few months back he said he ran 7.0 (1/8) and he got walked pretty bad... 4+ cars everytime got mad when i told him i would rather beat the faster cars that I had called out...
Old 05-29-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

From your previous posts looks like you have trouble even keeping up with 03 cobra's. In conclusion, I hardly think you'd be anywhere near my rear bumper, on either of my vehicles, let alone anywhere ahead of me.

Glad you took time looking through my past post. I like when I make an "impact" on people. Would you like to come sit outside of my house and listen to me **** my girlfriend?
Old 05-29-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TransAmLT1
Glad you took time looking through my past post. I like when I make an "impact" on people. Would you like to come sit outside of my house and listen to me **** my girlfriend?
You know he Prefer's men with Evo's
Old 05-29-2005, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

funny i reorganized the foodchain last week when i pulled on a evo mr like it was stoped...have a few more bud
Old 05-29-2005, 10:40 PM
TECH Regular

LS1/LT1's are just overcompensating and underpaid douchebags that can't affoard to the next step up because of their 7 dollar an hour jobs.
LOL, I don't have a job! I'm a student.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:44 AM
On The Tree

Hey,
I just tried it tonight!!! But to no avail... I have my friend got it on video. Ill try to get it online but I dont know if you want to see a video that has him sitting in his car shaking his head that nothing is happening. But then again I have a stock SS. The Evo driver was cool as **** cause I told him the whole story and he was like, "Really, yea sure lets try this out." So I parked right next to the guy and revved the ******* **** out of my car 6+ g revs and he said that he didnt see any change in rpm or any stutter whatsoever. Eh maybe it works with like LT's and true duels but it definitely didnt work with me.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:40 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firecrotch59
Hey,
I just tried it tonight!!! But to no avail... I have my friend got it on video. Ill try to get it online but I dont know if you want to see a video that has him sitting in his car shaking his head that nothing is happening. But then again I have a stock SS. The Evo driver was cool as **** cause I told him the whole story and he was like, "Really, yea sure lets try this out." So I parked right next to the guy and revved the ******* **** out of my car 6+ g revs and he said that he didnt see any change in rpm or any stutter whatsoever. Eh maybe it works with like LT's and true duels but it definitely didnt work with me.
I think guys with aftermarket exaust are having the best results with this attempt. Well.....It would be an added insentive for you to buy some true duels though...........LOL
Old 05-31-2005, 10:49 PM
Launching!

An electric cutout would seem to be perfect for this suitation. On my thirdgen, its on the far right side.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BigBronco
and by the way, your 72 camaro just sounds like your basic redneck build up car with a loud and abnoxious big block in it. not to mention the 9-bolt rear end.. WTF?!?! maybe a 12 bolt or 14 bolt, or FORD 9 INCH rear end..

if you would have said, i have a 468 big block with wiseco pistons, bad *** callies crank, oliver rods, big chief heads and a 300 direct port and sounded like you KNEW what you were talking about.. i might have not laughed so hard at your post... but oh well.

Old 06-02-2005, 12:55 AM
On The Tree

Man this info would have been nice a few nights ago i came up on an Evo and he got me pretty bad, he said the best he ran in an 1/8 was a 7.13 but what can u expect with 25 lbs. of boost and 110 octane, but hey if he can afford to run that daily on the street im sure he will be able to fix it when it scatters.

haha still doesn't change the fact his car sounds like a bee with sand in its vagina.

Last edited by SSMongoose02; 06-02-2005 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

When Evos start running 8.0s @ over 170 mph, then I'll listen to them.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vendetta
When Evos start running 8.0s @ over 170 mph, then I'll listen to them.

If I paid 33k (EVO is around 30-33k pending on dealer) for my car, I better expect it to mod well!

I mean, how much were half the Ls1's here? I'd put good money they were mainly under 20k...

Regardless,the EVO is a good car, but it isnt the end-all be-all of cheap modding. Few come to mind: Supra, 03-04 Cobra, 87 GN(heh), and N/A LS1, and the 5.0.

Bah, I'm just tired of these import guys being so proud they run 12's with 2-3k in mods... well no ****, you only spent 30+k for the car to get there...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:56 AM
Teching In

much to the dismay of non-evo owners, the case of the stalling isnt as common as you think. Ive been to the strip 20+ times sitting in the staging lanes, and had pro mod cars fire up right next to me and my car never misses a beat. Most of the time the stalling is caused by people using the wrong blow off valve. but i have TRIED to get my car to stumble, by tapping on the VAF sensor while the car is running, and slamming hte hood, etc...and i get no results. So I think that you are pretty much wasting your time if you are going to seek out an EVO and rev on it to try to get it to stall.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by marleyskater420

If I paid 33k (EVO is around 30-33k pending on dealer) for my car, I better expect it to mod well!

I mean, how much were half the Ls1's here? I'd put good money they were mainly under 20k...

Regardless,the EVO is a good car, but it isnt the end-all be-all of cheap modding. Few come to mind: Supra, 03-04 Cobra, 87 GN(heh), and N/A LS1, and the 5.0.

Bah, I'm just tired of these import guys being so proud they run 12's with 2-3k in mods... well no ****, you only spent 30+k for the car to get there...
I paid 25k for my evo

ive spent a total of about $1300 on my evo and im running on the verge of 11 seconds with a pretty decent trap speed.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
I paid 25k for my evo

ive spent a total of about $1300 on my evo and im running on the verge of 11 seconds with a pretty decent trap speed.
Im speaking about brand new, from the dealer.

Around here though, EVO's are around 39k from the dealer, but I didnt figure most dealers were like that.
Old 06-02-2005, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Hahaha, this is the funniest thing I've ever read on the internet. I've been contemplating getting exhaust for a few months now and this just made my decision.

Does this work on all year Evo's? Just evo's or all lancers?