Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

My BLOWN 436 VS old school FORD GT40

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a sick motor... but what kind of car do you have bro ! lol I have no clue post some pics

oh and you shall destroy him
Old 06-23-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He rolls down the window and says "this is the slow one" stating that he has another one that is black with silver stripes
um, I forgot to mention. the GT40 (early versions) didn't have windows that rolled down...they couldn't.

Air inlet for rear cooling made it impossable.

check out the vent. I remeber the big thing with the NEW Ford GT is that the windows rolled down.

So is it a first gen or second gen, i'm fuzzy with the details...

heres a pic of what I'm talking about, check out the rear inlet..

Old 06-24-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Resident

I didn't know that. Good info
Old 06-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MillaTK
I dunno if he can handle another loss in this lifetime
He'd definitely get me too. No big deal. I've always said that my car is slow.

Last edited by unit213; 06-24-2005 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-24-2005, 04:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by unit213
He's definitely get me too. No big deal. I've always said that my car is slow.
Well, you also think anything short of a rocket is slow... If you putted around in my car for a while your car would be "fast"...
Old 06-24-2005, 09:20 PM
Staging Lane

Hey z34_nut I saw an old GT 40 exactly like that. It was at Ford's display at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto. It was sweet because they had the new GT beside it which was a dark blue. They had a red GT the year before.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Holy mother of god, that is one sick setup! Lightened Fbod+ Extreme motor, extreme cam, extreme turbo = insane. A Gt40 is a joke compared to this car in terms of drag racing. Thats like me racing a stock 1972 VW bug, lol. As someone else pointed out you are only a couple hundred pounds heavier and have twice the power. The only question here is traction and driver skill.

PS-what do you mean Blown?? You have a turbo...
Old 06-25-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by KB99WS6

PS-what do you mean Blown?? You have a turbo...

i have already asked that question with no answer yet....
Old 06-25-2005, 02:51 PM
NKAWTG...N

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Oh, I've seen 'em down in Phx and out at Nellis. Even brake standing, they cover 1320 to slow to run with his car. After that? A whole different story...
jets are like supra's, slower ET but a crazy MPH . if they do a combat take off you will need a 11 second car to keep up with it. race any combat aircraft from a 60 roll and see how u do.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

My mistake on the blown comment, yes it should've been my turbo 436, anyways, im sorry to dissapoint, but two things have happened since this thread was started, one is the worst thing that i think could ever have happen to my car, and the other, this guy is now trying to back out, b/c he was talking to the guy that did both of our exhaust work, and the guy was telling him what my car was really capable of, and now the gentleman with the gt40 "isnt so sure" now, the really bad thing that happened with my car was i was coming home thursday night on a back road, and i see 4 deer run across the road up ahead, so i start getting on the breaks, well they clear the road and im thinking good i missed them and there arent anymore, so i start getting back on the gas, by now im up to 65 and whats crossing in the same spot i saw the deer as im getting up to it you guessed it 4 more deer, so by the time i get up to that spot im rolling and whack!!!! I smacked the first one crossing the street, my headlights go out, i hear scraping, and im fighting with everything i have to keep this car on the road, i actually spun the car in a 360 and managed to turn back the way i was coming. so now I have to send it to the body shop to fix the fender,nose, and hood, and then wait for it to get back here so that i can look at the motor and turbo set up, i had to drive it home from the accident 1/2 mile to my house, and it didnt seem any worse motor wise, and there were no leaks, but well see when i get it back, once again guys im really sorry, b/c i wanted this race, I was actually coming home after leaving work, and had just put 116octane in to race with...ill keep ya posted fellas
Old 06-26-2005, 12:07 AM
Banned

**** man just leave the front end off to save some weight. I seen them NASCAR fellas do it all the time
Old 06-26-2005, 01:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

race him. who cares if you win or loose,it's all fun.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear that. I killed a deer with my Monte SS last September. It was pretty banged up. I sold it for 2K. I might have gotten more by parting out the engine, but I was about to move. I did buy my Z28 though. Hope it gets put back together good. Oh my wife killed one two Januarys ago. Right after our honey moon. Sucks.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only problem I could see for you is if it's set up like
they were for the race circuit, he might have more top
end (gearing) and eventually walk past you if the race
is long enough. I think these were built to be 200+MPH
cars though seldom get the opportunity. Most of us pick
gears that favor the short track and would not be able
to go that high.

Fast being different than quick.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:13 PM
12 Second Club

This whole story sounds fishy..........
Old 06-27-2005, 07:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by black_z
This whole story sounds fishy..........
Old 07-05-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z34_nut
prob right, but still an insane story. ok there were only a hand full of gt40s made, as said before, no one in their right kind would mod one. its his faster only like any camaro, you can get one that stock runs 13.2 or runs 13.9. a GT40 has a power to weight ratio of say 6.8 (w/ driver) you have one of under 4 (w/ driver) YOU'LL OWN HIM!!! you're an idiot for thinking he had a chance. i only agree w/ z34_nut cuz if anyone got challanged to a race while they're running 800+ RWHP and the other guy was running anything but a ****** funny car, they would accept on the spot OWN HIS ***!!! and get it on tape
Old 07-07-2005, 02:49 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZEEMAN
**** man just leave the front end off to save some weight. I seen them NASCAR fellas do it all the time

lmao
Old 07-07-2005, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

I agree after reading this whole thread that it sounds "fishy".

However, assuming it isn't, why is everyone assuming they'll race from a dig?? I never saw that mentioned anywhere?? I think that a 2,8k lb/500ish rwhp car on radials would be just as tricky to launch as a 3,4k lb/800+ rwhp car on any type of tire on the street.

I have a hard time believing that an "older" man with a collectors car is going to want to find some secluded road and mark off 1320 to get a good old dragrace on with. I would find it more sensible that he would prolly suggest to go from a roll on a highway/interstate.

If it's from a roll you should leave him like he's standing still.

If it's from a dig put your ET skreets on and wax him...

Jon
Old 07-07-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been suspecting that something was odd about this story since the beginning, and now that others are too, I will chime in. IF this older gentleman has an original GT40 not only would you probably not see him cruising around gym parking lots, but he would almost definately not want to street race the thing. Take for instance original Buick GNXs, 427 tri-power Corvettes, LS6 454 Chevelles, Hemi Cudas, etc. Are they great cars, hell yes. Are they rare as hell? Yes again. Do almost ALL of the owners have one thing in common? I would guess yes: that they want to park them and not beat on them so they will not lose value. Maybe I'm wrong, but every one of the cars I just mentioned I have jpersonally seen that weren't total basked cases were pampered garage queens that would never see the dragstrip, let alone doing some illegal street racing. If it's true, then kudos on a great find and good luck.