SSU, come over and relax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i somewhat agree with that

not totally but you make some valid points
Old 07-26-2005, 02:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZFan88
That cop was obviously pissed because he has a Civic sitting in his home garage. All cops should be shot anyways. Long live the Mafia!!!!
Old 07-26-2005, 02:54 PM
TECH Resident

i agree with a lot of what flexnuts said, too. For a lot of people it's not that they have a problem with obeying the law, its just some of the laws have gotten so stupid that they dont want to. I swear if i ever got pulled over for f*cking window tint when other people are blowing **** up, i might have to kill somebody...Cops should have plenty of other more important things to do...
Old 07-26-2005, 03:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some of you guys really crack me up....cops are just doing their job...if its illegal to have tint in your state than it should be expected, regardless if you did something else wrong or not..its illegal, plain n simple.
I cant stand people that bash cops and say all kinds of **** about em but whos the first person you call when someone ***** with your **** or does something to your family??? or you have some type of emergency...c'mon, get real!!
im not saying all cops are saints but you cant deem all cops crooked.
not to mention, its the end of the month....time to meet the quota....
Old 07-26-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Resident

Cops are retarded. I never call them, I have plenty of other people that I could call plus I wouldn't have to worry about a stupid record then that would follow me for a long time. They're putting stupid laws out everywhere just to get money and that's all the cops are enforcing. They can take the laws and shove it up their asses. I do my job in the military the best that I can, but that doesn't always make what I'm doing right.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:31 PM
SSU, come over and relax

the only reason i would call the cops is because if i take the law into my own hands im gonna be in trouble. i would call the cops not because i want their help but to protect myself from doing something and having them then come after me.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Gman2002Z06
Maybe you got the ticket for tinted windows because it is actually illegal in your state., not that the cop is crooked...As the saying goes...Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

You need to look at this from a cops perspective...What if he is pulling over a car that has the windows tinted and he can't see in...He would have no idea if the driver is pointing a gun at him or whatever...

You guys crack me up with how you degrade the cops for doing their job, when you guys are breaking the laws...

Peace...Gman

GMAN
You serious i can't believe my eyes!
You must be a cop, or you live in a naive world where nothing is corrupt. Everyone knows cops are corrupt and they really can get away with anything. Hey son open you eyes do some research and you will find out that cops are not just doing their job. Peace and love G-man
Old 07-26-2005, 03:53 PM
11 Second Club

yeah ok...cops may be corrupt but im a firm beleiver that if you dont do anything to attract unwanted attention than you should be fine. dont put yourself in a situation where its gonna allow the cops to over use their authority and take out any of their frustrations on you...plain and simple.
we drive around in fast lookin/soundin cars, that attracts enough attention. you allready know they have a chip on thier shoulders about something in their life that they feel they got delt a shitty hand, so they stand behind their badge and press it to its fullest capability.
my suggestion...take the tint off and re-do it in a lighter shade...whats the big deal...i dont think it takes away from the appearance of the car in any way.
and yes my windows are tinted..35%on the sides and 15% on the rear...but i live in philly where its also a law but its never enforced unless you do something else wrong..its a secondary offense.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TWINTURBORAMAIR
some of you guys really crack me up....cops are just doing their job...if its illegal to have tint in your state than it should be expected, regardless if you did something else wrong or not..its illegal, plain n simple.
I cant stand people that bash cops and say all kinds of **** about em but whos the first person you call when someone ***** with your **** or does something to your family??? or you have some type of emergency...c'mon, get real!!
im not saying all cops are saints but you cant deem all cops crooked.
not to mention, its the end of the month....time to meet the quota....
You've got to be kidding. The last people I would call in an emergency situation would be the police. I'd grab one of my guns, use it as needed, then call my attorney, THEN call the police after my attorney was already on the way to avoid any bullshit by the police. Most criminal attorneys tend to know how to put cops in their place. And if it was another emergency I'd take it up with the ambulance service or my insurance company. I'd only get the police involved if my insurance company requested it. I also love this saying that they have when bad **** happens: "We can't be everywhere at once". They should practice what they preach and choose to "not be everywhere at once" when someone has tinted windows, finds wearing a seatbelt to be uncomfortable, is doing 66 in a 65, has their factory foglights on, etc. What pisses me off is that they can choose whether or not to write a bullshit ticket and they choose to do it 99.9% of the time. Thats why I hate cops.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
You've got to be kidding. The last people I would call in an emergency situation would be the police. I'd grab one of my guns, use it as needed, then call my attorney, THEN call the police after my attorney was already on the way to avoid any bullshit by the police. Most criminal attorneys tend to know how to put cops in their place. And if it was another emergency I'd take it up with the ambulance service or my insurance company. I'd only get the police involved if my insurance company requested it. I also love this saying that they have when bad **** happens: "We can't be everywhere at once". They should practice what they preach and choose to "not be everywhere at once" when someone has tinted windows, finds wearing a seatbelt to be uncomfortable, is doing 66 in a 65, has their factory foglights on, etc. What pisses me off is that they can choose whether or not to write a bullshit ticket and they choose to do it 99.9% of the time. Thats why I hate cops.
ok...only about 15% of people would decide to take matters into their own hands cause they own guns....i personally dont own a gun so im speakin in general when something is wrong, people call the police..nevermind that it takes em forever to get there, thats ahole other issue.
and i completely agree that most cops nit pick at anything they can..."right place at the right time" but the fact of the matter is...its illegal..thats the bottom line...its written in the law book they are required to enforce the law. now most of the cops are motor heads just like us and wont bother us...but your allways gonna have the pencil dick/no ***** gettin ***** that insist on bustin your ***** cause their geo lacks any kinda style and or comfort. unfortanely we all have to deal with it.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Honestly, I've only called the cops once. The reason was that there were a couple crack heads beating the **** out of some guy in what appeared to be a drug deal gone bad and they fired a gun in the air. I was hoping that they would fire on the cops when they showed up but they had already left by the time the cops got there. Oh well, maybe next time. I agree that there are some cool cops but they are usually rookies and they get "the bug" after a year or two on the force.

Example: My Freshman year in high school there was this rookie cop named John Howard. Me and two friends were sitting at a table outside drinking beer and Howard asked that we put it in cups so we did as we were told. Now that was cool as hell, I thought.

My junior year, me and one of the friends from the previous time were driving 37 in a 35 in my Camaro. I got a ticket for letting an unlicensed motorist drive my car. My friend got a ticket for speeding 37 in a 35, a ticket for not having his signal on long enough when he turned, and having illegal fog lights.
My friend has a license, he just forgot it so that was dropped in court. All of the others stuck though even though he turned his signal on a block before the turn and the fog lights were factory equipment.

Needless to say, this cop went bad.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Police officers are human beings... that means there are good ones and bad ones, just like in anything else. I've had nothing but good experiences with cops, but I'm sure the bad ones are out there waiting too. Also, I've gotten more comments and thumbs-ups from cops than from anyone else since I got my Camaro... not that that's relevant, just thought it was interesting.

For what it's worth, tinted windows are one of the profiling points for drug runners... but attention-getting sports cars are not, so I dunno.

Last edited by EugThinks; 07-26-2005 at 04:27 PM. Reason: left out a word
Old 07-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Launching!

geez talk about brain washing, it seems either all cops are good or their all bad. Personally i think it was your own dumb fault for the tint thing. I plan on tinting my windows as dark as the shop will let me, and it is illegal in my state, but that won't stop me. I'll just continue driving the usual speed limit and if so dick decides to pull me over i'll pay the fine, b/c i KNEW it was illegal and still done it. if you got that big of a problem with the laws, write to the senator. Do SOMETHING, don't just sit and bitch about breaking the law and getting caught.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
I know I'll get flamed for this but I do not care. Cops are worthless and have proven it to the public many times. If the terrorists are going to hit something on our soil, why in the hell can't it be police stations/cop cars? I know there are probably 1 out of 100 cops at best that are cool so it would be too bad for them but I consider the rest of them to be crooked, if not terrorists themselves. They are like government puppets on a string that can't think for themselves at all. If someone doesn't want to wear their seatbelt or get pounded by the sun while driving (tint) then that should be okay. The ******' idiot cop shouldn't make every attempt to destroy your day because of something a politician thinks will buy him his next Viper or yacht. Meanwhile the cop continues to make like $30,000 a year at best in a lot of places. ******' idiots. Too bad donuts won't give them a heart attack any faster than they do. Do the cops and politicians give a **** if you drink and drive? Of course not. They are eager to fine the living **** out of you or permanently revoke your driving privileges. Since they know you'll pay the fines in order to keep driving they pull you over. It is all about money. It always has been and, sadly, it always will be.
I agree! Our country is no longer a democracy. At least not in the pure sense of the
term. We are a capitalist society...where money, not individuals, have more clout in
gov't.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:56 PM
12 Second Club

that **** happens, they used it on me when my 96 impala ss got reported for being too loud...doesnt help open header at 3 am... but thats just what they do...pay the ticket or become friends with a cop that can sign off on it
Old 07-26-2005, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jassick
geez talk about brain washing, it seems either all cops are good or their all bad. Personally i think it was your own dumb fault for the tint thing. I plan on tinting my windows as dark as the shop will let me, and it is illegal in my state, but that won't stop me. I'll just continue driving the usual speed limit and if so dick decides to pull me over i'll pay the fine, b/c i KNEW it was illegal and still done it. if you got that big of a problem with the laws, write to the senator. Do SOMETHING, don't just sit and bitch about breaking the law and getting caught.
my point exactly...thank you!! if you know its illegal...dont bash the cops for laying the law down...period...thats all i was tryin to get out.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

You have illegal tint and the cop wrote you up. The nerve of some cops. Take the tint off and i can gaurantee you you'll never recieve another tint ticket. For those of you who said you have no intention of shooting a cop, a select few people would love nothing more than to put a round into my vest. Making a stop at 2 in the morning and not being able to see inside the car is not a soothing feeling. As I'm sure all cops on this board can attest to you never know what you're going run into. As for the guy suggesting police are useless. What do you suggest to fix the police problem? Maybe we could try the honor sytem? Did you rape that girl? Yes sir, I'm sorry, I'll go put myself in jail.

Last edited by rubber duck; 07-26-2005 at 11:38 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rubber duck
You have illegal tint and the cop wrote you up. The nerve of some cops. Take the tint off you i can gaurantee you you'll never recieve another tint ticket. For those of you who said you have no intention of shooting a cop, a select few people would love nothing more than to put a round into my vest. Making a stop at 2 in the morning and not being able to see inside the car is not a soothing feeling. As I'm sure all cops on this board can attest to you never know what you're going run into. As for the guy suggesting police are useless. What do you suggest to fix the police problem? Maybe we could try the honor sytem? Did you rape that girl? Yes sir, I'm sorry, I'll go put myself in jail.
If tint is so dangerous why not just record the plates and send a letter in the mail to the offender. If he/she fails to remove the tint when renewing registration...tack the ticket fee onto them registration fee.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rubber duck
You have illegal tint and the cop wrote you up. The nerve of some cops. Take the tint off you i can gaurantee you you'll never recieve another tint ticket. For those of you who said you have no intention of shooting a cop, a select few people would love nothing more than to put a round into my vest. Making a stop at 2 in the morning and not being able to see inside the car is not a soothing feeling. As I'm sure all cops on this board can attest to you never know what you're going run into. As for the guy suggesting police are useless. What do you suggest to fix the police problem? Maybe we could try the honor sytem? Did you rape that girl? Yes sir, I'm sorry, I'll go put myself in jail.
but you have to admit that some of your "colleagues" just give out tickets to guys with cars like us just to be dicks because they are fast and better looking than their wives....camaro gets the ticket and the toyota gets the warning, BS
Old 07-26-2005, 11:37 PM
On The Tree

I can't really speak for anyone other than myself as far as why one person gets off while the other doesn't. What I do know is the guy with the respectful attitude has a much better chance of getting off with a verbal/written warning, regardless of the car he's driving.