Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed by the police

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didnt start the the thread to bitch about it. It was mainly to vent my frustration. I knew it was illegal when i got them done but i wasnt about to waste my money on 35% tint because you can see strait threw them and they dont help much. And one of my points was that a good friend of mine was speeding doin 15 over the speed limit while i was doing the speed limit and they choose my car over his. I was targeted. By the way anyone know what the fine is cuz i dont know the number to the court to find out cuz the cop wrote the wrong phone number on the ticket. just want an estimate before i get my new hood. And im not going to remove the tint because of one incident... ive been pulled over before and pass many cops on a daily bases but not one has ever mentioned it. and the driving with the windows down comment.... i would have but it was 102 degrees and the ac was alot colder.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by X_03_Cobra_guy
If tint is so dangerous why not just record the plates and send a letter in the mail to the offender. If he/she fails to remove the tint when renewing registration...tack the ticket fee onto them registration fee.
I myself have never pulled somebody over for the sole purpose of writing them a window tint ticket. It's more of a tack on ticket if the driver is giving me a hard time. Although window tint can be dangerous to me, letting an impaired driver go because he has dark windows would be even more dangerous. Plus I don't think the bmv would be interested in enforcing/collecting on tickets.

Last edited by rubber duck; 07-26-2005 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sweetZ28
I didnt start the the thread to bitch about it. It was mainly to vent my frustration. I knew it was illegal when i got them done but i wasnt about to waste my money on 35% tint because you can see strait threw them and they dont help much. And one of my points was that a good friend of mine was speeding doin 15 over the speed limit while i was doing the speed limit and they choose my car over his. I was targeted. By the way anyone know what the fine is cuz i dont know the number to the court to find out cuz the cop wrote the wrong phone number on the ticket. just want an estimate before i get my new hood. And im not going to remove the tint because of one incident... ive been pulled over before and pass many cops on a daily bases but not one has ever mentioned it. and the driving with the windows down comment.... i would have but it was 102 degrees and the ac was alot colder.

wow. i came on kinda strong, sorry bout that, anyway i can see your point about being pissed when your friend speeds by at 15 over. I thought the cops were supposed to write the fine on the ticket, maybe you could wiggle out of it somehow with that. i know i said b/f i would pay the ticket and be on my way, but in reality i would do what someone else mentioned (sorry forgot who) and tell them you didn't know it was againt the law and you removed the tint. yes yes i know it's dishonest but like sweetz28 said "i was not about to waste my money".
Old 07-27-2005, 07:32 AM
Teching In

I am sorry "Flexnutz" that you hate police. There are alot of cops with bad attitude problems and perhaps you have met them. I have met them myself and I have stock rims and no bling to make my car appear slower than it is. Everyone has a job to do they just dont have to be Aholes while doing it. Ohio state patrol should read this forum. If you are treated badly complain to the police chief. A good cop would stick it to you so kindly you would tell him thank you after he hands you the ticket.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rubber duck
You have illegal tint and the cop wrote you up. The nerve of some cops. Take the tint off and i can gaurantee you you'll never recieve another tint ticket. For those of you who said you have no intention of shooting a cop, a select few people would love nothing more than to put a round into my vest. Making a stop at 2 in the morning and not being able to see inside the car is not a soothing feeling. As I'm sure all cops on this board can attest to you never know what you're going run into. As for the guy suggesting police are useless. What do you suggest to fix the police problem? Maybe we could try the honor sytem? Did you rape that girl? Yes sir, I'm sorry, I'll go put myself in jail.
Why do you think those people want nothing more than to put a round into your vest? I don't see them trying to put a round into the chest of a Red Cross worker or a fireman. And about the 2 AM stop, you're a cop and should be able to come up with something. Get on that loud speaker and tell them to roll their windows down, turn their interior lights on and put their hands on the top of the steering wheel. To fix the police problem, think for yourselves. If I was a cop I wouldn't write someone up for a seatbelt or tint violation because it is wrong and I know it. Illegal and wrong are night and day different most of the time, especially in this day and age. There are plenty of other things for a cop to do besides those.

Just imagine this scenario: You're down in the dumps because your wife cheated on you and your kids left with her. Oh, and they took the nice car too and left you with a rust bucket. You go to the store in the rust bucket to buy some beer but, with other things on your mind, you forgot to wear your seatbelt. Low and behold there are bright flashing lights behind you with a spot light and a few chirps to get everyone's attention to let them know that you've been pulled over by "the law". The cop walks up to your window and tells you that you're getting a seatbelt citation. You're mad but stay calm and politely try to tell the officer about your situation and that you're sorry. But guess what, if he is like every single cop that I've ever talked to, he will tell you to stop complaining. He'll generally be an *** to you because he and his fellow officers are unable to tell the difference between a regular Joe who has been **** on and is having a bad day and some crack head that wants to shoot him. Now can you see why people are so irritated about cops?

You can't truthfully tell me that you've never been rude to someone that didn't deserve it and neither can any other cop. That is the problem.

Last edited by FLeXNuTZ; 07-27-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FLeXNuTZ
You've got to be kidding. The last people I would call in an emergency situation would be the police. I'd grab one of my guns, use it as needed, then call my attorney, THEN call the police after my attorney was already on the way to avoid any bullshit by the police. Most criminal attorneys tend to know how to put cops in their place. And if it was another emergency I'd take it up with the ambulance service or my insurance company. I'd only get the police involved if my insurance company requested it. I also love this saying that they have when bad **** happens: "We can't be everywhere at once". They should practice what they preach and choose to "not be everywhere at once" when someone has tinted windows, finds wearing a seatbelt to be uncomfortable, is doing 66 in a 65, has their factory foglights on, etc. What pisses me off is that they can choose whether or not to write a bullshit ticket and they choose to do it 99.9% of the time. Thats why I hate cops.
what if you saw a 10 car pile up happen on the highway in front of you....you wouldn't call 911? or if you got ina terrible accident..you wouldn't call 911?

Originally Posted by Jassick
wow. i came on kinda strong, sorry bout that, anyway i can see your point about being pissed when your friend speeds by at 15 over. I thought the cops were supposed to write the fine on the ticket, maybe you could wiggle out of it somehow with that. i know i said b/f i would pay the ticket and be on my way, but in reality i would do what someone else mentioned (sorry forgot who) and tell them you didn't know it was againt the law and you removed the tint. yes yes i know it's dishonest but like sweetz28 said "i was not about to waste my money".
ignorance of the law isn't an excuse the judge would probably say. A man who is mentally retarded may not know that it is illegal to kill someone, but if he does it..more than likely he is going to jail.

Why do you think those people want nothing more than to put a round into your vest? I don't see them trying to put a round into the chest of a Red Cross worker or a fireman. And about the 2 AM stop, you're a cop and should be able to come up with something. Get on that loud speaker and tell them to roll their windows down, turn their interior lights on and put their hands on the top of the steering wheel. To fix the police problem, think for yourselves. If I was a cop I wouldn't write someone up for a seatbelt or tint violation because it is wrong and I know it. Illegal and wrong are night and day different most of the time, especially in this day and age. There are plenty of other things for a cop to do besides those.

Just imagine this scenario: You're down in the dumps because your wife cheated on you and your kids left with her. Oh, and they took the nice car too and left you with a rust bucket. You go to the store in the rust bucket to buy some beer but, with other things on your mind, you forgot to wear your seatbelt. Low and behold there are bright flashing lights behind you with a spot light and a few chirps to get everyone's attention to let them know that you've been pulled over by "the law". The cop walks up to your window and tells you that you're getting a seatbelt citation. You're mad but stay calm and politely try to tell the officer about your situation and that you're sorry. But guess what, if he is like every single cop that I've ever talked to, he will tell you to stop complaining. He'll generally be an *** to you because he and his fellow officers are unable to tell the difference between a regular Joe who has been **** on and is having a bad day and some crack head that wants to shoot him. Now can you see why people are so irritated about cops?

You can't truthfully tell me that you've never been rude to someone that didn't deserve it and neither can any other cop. That is the problem.
two things...what if the person is deaf? they won't hear you saying roll down the windows..ect....but to amke it interesting..what if they are deaf and a drug runner..and they are gettign ready to kill the cop?

also, if the guy is a cop...and he wasn't wearign his seatbelt...he probably woudln't bitch about the ticket...BECAUSE HE KNOWS IT IS ILLEGAL.

also....i've never been pulled over by a ******** cop, i've been pulled over 30+ tiems in my frist 2 years of driving. I never recieved a ticket...and I think it was mostly because i was very respectful to the officer. when i got pulled over..I rolled down all my windows..turned on the interior lights and put my hands on the steering wheel. all of the times I was pulled over were in my 89 camaro that had no muffler and my 91 rx7. I also got pulled over once in my brother truck because they ran the tags and it came up that my brother had a warrant out for his arrest for a while...adn the cop was still ncie to me.

not everyone is bad..not everyone is good, but cops are people..and the **** that they have to deal with ona daily basis..like bad accidents that involve young,dead, decapitated kids, drug addicts...ect. put yourself in their shoes for a day and see how long you last. Or worka day in newark, nj where the gangs were for a while just taking shots at cops in the daylight on the streets.

Last edited by BrandonDrecksage; 07-27-2005 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:16 AM
12 Second Club

since when did a camaro become a gang banger's car...f$ck the bling or the bass, use that money to blow the doors off some old jackass in a lambo. besides most of that stuff will just add un-need weight to your car. you just have to watch what you do on the street, I've only ran into one or two nice cops, saddly they are my friends and not the cop behind me with his lights on. they are also getting smarter and finding good drag spots around town so its best to lay low or go somewhere really empty...farm land.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

Welcome to the vast world of crooked cops. You'll soon learn that they can do what they want, when they want after they find out how to alter or lose evidence in order to get away with it. I was riding with a state cop the other night and we pulled a car over for doing 97 in a 75. After the cop gave the ticket he told me that he wrote it for 100 in a 75 so that he could give the girl a $300 ticket instead of $250. What is even worse is that he said it like he had just banged Carmen Electra or something. I asked if she complained and he said, "Hell no and she won't. Its my word against her's. We always win so you should remember that."

Not true, I went before the judge to dispute my case about my car being too loud , the officers all were witniess's against me (4 of them) they all said i drive too fast and my car was too loud, i simply told them it was because of my stall converter and that my flowmaster was 50state legal (emisions, or sounds) and even after all there bitching, i got taken to the district court for fighting the tickets, which the district court had better things to do, so they dropped it. I WIN , Cops-1million F-body's-1
Old 07-27-2005, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jessedale98
Not true, I went before the judge to dispute my case about my car being too loud , the officers all were witniess's against me (4 of them) they all said i drive too fast and my car was too loud, i simply told them it was because of my stall converter and that my flowmaster was 50state legal (emisions, or sounds) and even after all there bitching, i got taken to the district court for fighting the tickets, which the district court had better things to do, so they dropped it. I WIN , Cops-1million F-body's-1
just because it is 50state legal..doesn't mean it meets the sound requirements...read the fine print....they always say check local laws for those requirments.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I would probably call 911 in that situation, but not because of the cops. They would show up sometime I'm sure but the paramedics would be my primary concern. If they are deaf then pull your gun. Walk slowly up to the car and if they make a quick move then you've already got your gun out and pointed at them. I know you guys are good with guns so that would be a "win" situation for you and a loss for the bad guy.

And I realize that cops have to deal with a lot of **** most of the time but they should still be respectful to the people that don't give them ****. Like I said, they are unable to tell the difference between a guy that has had a bad day and just wants to be left alone and a crack head that wants to shoot them. Even though I hate cops with a passion I am always respectful to them when I see them or when I get pulled over. One cop even told me that waving at them is an admission of some kind of guilt. Everyone is a bad guy or terrorist if you're a cop. Everyone. If you don't see it this way then I'd love to see you spend a day or two in my town.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:38 PM
On The Tree

Yes thats usually my problem with the police. They want respectful and honest attitudes toward them, but are unwilling to give the same to you. In my entire life I have never had a police officer call me "Sir" or ask for anything. Its always a demand and as soon as they get my license they use my first name. Im sorry but my friends use my name, city employees can address me as "Sir" since they are servants.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oops, I almost forgot that cops hardly ever wear their seatbelts or obey the speed limit in my experience either. Here is a prime example of seatbelt useage:

http://odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17826

If these laws are so great and for the good then why don't they obey them most of the time? I was following a NMSP officer one day with my Valentine One plugged in. I was pacing him at 58 in a 45 and he was radaring people coming the other way. They can do it but we can't.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the whole point is, most cops think they are above the law...but not all cops are bad. maintane a respectfull attitude and 95% of the time you'll come out on top.

cops break the law more than anyone else....i live right near a precinct here in philly and driving by there sometimes you wouldnt beleive the number of personal cars with tint on them...its sad. than again, i cant really complain about that cause ive never gotten pulled over for tint here in philly in the WS.6.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
Yes thats usually my problem with the police. They want respectful and honest attitudes toward them, but are unwilling to give the same to you. In my entire life I have never had a police officer call me "Sir" or ask for anything. Its always a demand and as soon as they get my license they use my first name. Im sorry but my friends use my name, city employees can address me as "Sir" since they are servants.
Yeah, "To Protect and Serve" is what is on the side of our city cop cars. Every time I see it I laugh. It should read "To Protect and Serve Tickets".
Old 07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
TECH Regular

I've been pulled over a few times for my tints. However, I have a doctor's note nowadays for "sensitive eyes". The last two times I was pulled over, I show the note, and on my way I go.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

How do you get a doctors note exactly...like what do you say to the doctor to get it? I might do that just to put 5% all the way around, lol
Old 07-27-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hell, in that case I've had quite a few problems with my eyes. They're all fixed now but I can still damn sure get my doctor to sign off on something like that. If I still had to pay a ticket like that I'd turn it into a HUGE media experience. I can just see it now: "Eye Surgery Patient Jailed For Failure To Pay Window Tint Fine"
Old 07-27-2005, 05:15 PM
On The Tree

Everybody has had a bad experience with the police, myself included before I became a cop. Just remember there are still guys out there who really do try to protect and serve. All officers should keep a traffic stop at a professional level at all times, and if you believe you've been harassed or dealt with unprofessionally in any manner don't hesitate to report it to the cheif of that department. At the very least the complaint will be recorded on the officer and I've known a guy who was suspended because of having too many complaints against him being a jerk. I'll admit sometimes I'm not the most friendly guy on a traffic stop, especially if it's been a hard day, but I'll keep it on a professional level.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

I also wanted to add the reason why many officers, myself included are many times not the friendliest person on a stop. I treat every stop like I'm stopping a dangerous person. If I treat everyone that way, the times the stop does go south and the driver is dangerous, I'm prepared for the situation. The times the stop is fine I just might come off as an ***.

If I treat every stop as if the driver will always be harmless and peace loving, the one time the driver turns out to be dangerous I'm either severely injured or possibly killed.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea im sure they have a big conspiracy on you!!!!!