Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Got killed by the police

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 03:58 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by paul554
. . . If cant obey a law because it isnt feasable then just explain that, any good cop wont hound you for it, but dont use the excuse "well thats a dumb law" all that does is show your lack of caring for authority and the only way we can try to instill that caring in you is perhaps through a fine. Do the right thing and you wont have a worry in the world. Do the wrong thing and every time you see those lights in your mirror all youll think is "Damn they finlly got me for it".
Holy he!! . . . you make a LOT of assumptions and a contradiction in this post

One of my best friends owns a law firm on the Beach in North Miami . . .
. . . If cant obey a law because it isnt feasable then just explain that, any good cop wont hound you for it . . .
You are assuming that said police officer is a "good cop;" that can be a dangerous, and in rare cases, lethal assumption. Just look at Miami PD'S most recent track record for beating deaths

. . . Do the right thing and you wont have a worry in the world . . .
Another ill assumption. My Fiance and I were in my car driving down a deserted patch of road at 1:00 a.m. in West Plantation (rural suburb of Fort Lauderdale) on a Tuesday night with not a car anywhere on the road for miles when I was pulled and ticketed for having my "high beams on with traffic ahead" There were no street lights, the road was dark, and there were apartment complexes nearby where possible pets or pedestrians could have been attempting to cross the road; not to mention possible debris in the road which can be seen and avoided thanks to my high-beams. I was ticketed, fined, and punished for trying to "do the right thing."

The police officer LIED (saying there was a car ahead of me) in order to give me a ticket because, we believe, she assumed I had my high-beams on to blind her since she was hiding in the bushes gunning for speeders/drunks late night (I work nights).

You appear to be a man of character, but a word of advice: you can't expect others in authority to follow the same set of moralistic and legal codes to which you so strictly adhere.

Not every situation is routine sir. People shoud ALWAYS question authority when it is unjust. No law should be absolute. This country was founded on such radical thinking and "lack of caring for authority."

Last edited by The Dragon; 08-02-2005 at 04:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:58 PM
Teching In

I agree completely with Paul 554. Many people don't seem to realize that laws, wheather they are dumb or not, are there for a reason. I respect law enforcement officers because they put their lives on the line every day to keep people safe. Another thing people don't seem to understand is that police officers don't make the laws, they just enforce them. It seems to me that MOST of the people that are trashing the police on this message board are probably young because of the things that they are writing. It is a very immature and uneducated point of view in most cases. When you have seen what police officers go through on a daily basis dealing with people who are just plain scum, you really start to understand and appreciate what they do to keep everyone safe. Another thing that I have to point out is that if a police officer does not have a radar gun and you fly by him going well over the speed limit, he CAN pull you over and write you up for it.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 AM
TECH Resident

^ Yes, I have had some training when I actually wanted to be a cop before I joined the military, and that's an interesting point. They were actually taught to guess speeds, +- a few, just by looking. So if they pull you over for, let's say, doing 65 in a 55, it's probably a very good educated guess on there part, and will hold up in court. If they said it was 63 in a 55, that's more exact and was probably a radar gun. I think that's pretty cool to learn.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:24 AM
Teching In

why do you guys think you can have dark tint and when you get caught bitch about it?

I put 50% on my car... why? because that the limit. Did I want more? Eh yeah a little darker.

I'm glad the cops are busting people since I didnt get it why should you

and I dont blame any cop for busting for tint, its dangerous enough to walk up to some ahole in a car without being able to see whats going on inside...

dont whine just take it off
Old 08-04-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Resident

I have dark tint on my windows, never been pulled over for it. I have been pulled though for speeding, and I simply roll both window down all the way, takes care of the problem. A cop said something about my tint once, but I was nice to him and he saw I was in the military, just let me go. I don't like cops much, but I know my place to be respectful and courteous. If you can do at least that, you probably won't have a problem with it in the first place. You might get an ******* cop who will bust you on it, but that's probably because he saw you doing other stuff before and just couldn't get you on it. It's all pretty simple
Old 08-04-2005, 02:52 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A bad cop handled my accident...inept and just lied a lot. Was proven in court and my ticket was dismissed and insurance co paid me. Now I have been stopped several times by cops that were really cool. Once for speeding....once for leaving a light full of ricers during a nopi event.....i had the tires a turnin!!.....and just recently for tint...9% I got no tickets. I was cool with the cops.....I WAS breaking the law and knew being a dick would surely get me a ticket whereas a good attitude MIGHT get me a warning. One actually said that i didnt talk my way out of a ticket but i had a good attitude and that most people he pulls over with these cars do not. he said they just look forward and wont really speak to them. Anyway, I am sure i'll get stopped one day and ticketed as I speed daily...as long as it is written for the speed I am going, no bitching from me. Give most of them a little respect and courteousness when they stop you and you'll usually get a little leniancy.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I am a cop, sorta. I'm a Military Police officer, that means im a soldier first and a cop second. I work the same job as a normal cop 50% of the time the other 50% is spent training and going to **** places (like Iraq for a year, got back in Janurary.) My job is to support my fellow soldiers and to enforce the law.

Today i issued a soldier a ticket for no front license plate on his washington state registered vehicle. He drove a 2000 blue trans am WS6. He told me the license plate looks tacky and he didnt want it on there. I own a pewter 2000 trans am WS6 and i have my WA state front plate on at all times. Does this law seem silly to me? Yes it does but belive it or not it serves a purpose. Tonight we had a domestic violence call where the husband fled after beating his wife. I was on liberty gate and i stopped and apprehended the husband because i saw his car BY THE WA STATE FRONT PLATE!

Laws seem silly at times and even stupid but they do exist for a reason. In a perfect world we wouldnt need tint laws or speed laws because everyone would act responsably and drive safe. But we dont and people do speed and they do kill others all the time. As a law enforcment officer i obey the laws at all times as do my fellow MP's because that is our DUTY. To set the example for others. I give citations for seatbelts because i don't want you to DIE that simple. Yes that seat belt might be uncomfertable but when that drunk driver slams into you while your doing everything else right youll thank god you wore it.

Also as for your friend not being pulled over for speeding, i have never pulled anyone over for this offense. Why? Because only our traffic officers have radar guns in their cars. Yes, not all cops have radar, usually only a small number do, and we can NOT enforce something we cant prove. We cant say just becuase we were doing 45 and he blew by us he was speeding, the only way we can stop him is if we do have radar.

There is a lot of anger here towards cops that i just dont understand. If you are treated badly or unjustly by all means complain. But becuase your window tint is illegal? Sorry i just cant sympathize. And then people suggest you lie to a judge to fix this problem? What if the judge asks to see your car or the cop does? Then youve commited purjery and instead of a small fine you face jail time. People please all we ask is do the right thing. If cant obey a law because it isnt feasable then just explain that, any good cop wont hound you for it, but dont use the excuse "well thats a dumb law" all that does is show your lack of caring for authority and the only way we can try to instill that caring in you is perhaps through a fine. Do the right thing and you wont have a worry in the world. Do the wrong thing and every time you see those lights in your mirror all youll think is "Damn they finlly got me for it".
I agree with everything you say...besides the seatbelt law. laws are to protect people from other people, but the seatbelt law is to protect us from us...if I want to die in my car from not wearing a seatbelt...thats fine...I should be able too. There should be no laws to protect ourselfs from us. Although i do know that there are laws on the books against sucide and stuff..but still. Its just a law to amke money, but because it is the law...i follow it...and if i wasn't wearing my seat belt and got a ticket....i'd pay it and take respondsibilty for my actions.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 PM
Launching!

Default cops

myself and my brother were hanging around an old airport runway in my town when a cop pulls in with his lights off and tickets us doin 38 in a 20 zone...there is NO ONE on it...he couldve simply told us to leave but decides to be an ***
Old 08-04-2005, 10:06 PM
Banned

I am a cop, sorta. I'm a Military Police officer, that means im a soldier first and a cop second. I work the same job as a normal cop 50% of the time the other 50% is spent training and going to **** places (like Iraq for a year, got back in Janurary.) My job is to support my fellow soldiers and to enforce the law.

Today i issued a soldier a ticket for no front license plate on his washington state registered vehicle. He drove a 2000 blue trans am WS6. He told me the license plate looks tacky and he didnt want it on there. I own a pewter 2000 trans am WS6 and i have my WA state front plate on at all times. Does this law seem silly to me? Yes it does but belive it or not it serves a purpose. Tonight we had a domestic violence call where the husband fled after beating his wife. I was on liberty gate and i stopped and apprehended the husband because i saw his car BY THE WA STATE FRONT PLATE!

Laws seem silly at times and even stupid but they do exist for a reason. In a perfect world we wouldnt need tint laws or speed laws because everyone would act responsably and drive safe. But we dont and people do speed and they do kill others all the time. As a law enforcment officer i obey the laws at all times as do my fellow MP's because that is our DUTY. To set the example for others. I give citations for seatbelts because i don't want you to DIE that simple. Yes that seat belt might be uncomfertable but when that drunk driver slams into you while your doing everything else right youll thank god you wore it.

Also as for your friend not being pulled over for speeding, i have never pulled anyone over for this offense. Why? Because only our traffic officers have radar guns in their cars. Yes, not all cops have radar, usually only a small number do, and we can NOT enforce something we cant prove. We cant say just becuase we were doing 45 and he blew by us he was speeding, the only way we can stop him is if we do have radar.

There is a lot of anger here towards cops that i just dont understand. If you are treated badly or unjustly by all means complain. But becuase your window tint is illegal? Sorry i just cant sympathize. And then people suggest you lie to a judge to fix this problem? What if the judge asks to see your car or the cop does? Then youve commited purjery and instead of a small fine you face jail time. People please all we ask is do the right thing. If cant obey a law because it isnt feasable then just explain that, any good cop wont hound you for it, but dont use the excuse "well thats a dumb law" all that does is show your lack of caring for authority and the only way we can try to instill that caring in you is perhaps through a fine. Do the right thing and you wont have a worry in the world. Do the wrong thing and every time you see those lights in your mirror all youll think is "Damn they finlly got me for it".

I am in the military and stationed in Oak Harbor, WA. If that is where you are stationed then the military police will screw you over harder then the city police. I would think that military cops would be a little easier on us since we are both in the military. I had to go in to work one morning for just like a half an hour and at the time lived in the barracks which is about 200 yards from where i work. One of my friends gave me and another guy a ride back to the barracks since we were both going back there. We saw this white truck following us and we go park and get out and this guy gets out and starts yelling at us to get back in the truck and it ends up being a military cop. When you are on a navy base and get pulled over they have to call at least 2 more cars for some reason, but i have seen up to 4 just for a speeding ticket. So when 2 more cars get there they come and write us seatbelt tickets and the guy in the back seat was actually wearing his seatbelt but since we were getting out of the truck and they made us get back in he didn't put it on. Me and the driver wasn't wearing one but the guy and the back was and we all got seat belt tickets. Military cops will screw you over harder than any cops i have ever seen. Not all military cops do the speed limit and everything. I happen to know a lot of them and some are worse then me and i am pretty bad. I speed all of the time but never get caught because i have a really good radar detector. I know a lot of people that was just going 2 to 3 mph and get tickets for it just because they have a fast car. I get hassled more on the base then out in town. Also it all depends on what rank you are if you get a ticket. Most MP's that have a radar in the car are E-4's to E-6's and if you are an E-7 or above or an officer they won't do anything to them just because they were khakis. I have been pulled over a lot out in town and haven't had a problem with the local cops. Everytime i get pulled over i just don't complain or anything to them and they just give me a verbal warning. But i have met the kind you guys are talking about. The ones that have nothing else better to do. Like when i happen to be on the USS Carl Vinson (aircraft carrier) in 2001 right by the gulf when 9/11 happened and i was over in the gulf for 4 months after that working on planes so they could go bomb them. As soon as i get stateside a day after i go home on leave and as soon as i get in a car and get on the interstate i get a ticket for going 7 over on the interstate when everyone else was flying past me but i happen to be in a new 2001 red mustang gt so that is why he pulled me over. Some cops need to have better things to do then mess with the people that were helping out with our freedom but they are to worried about screwing them over.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:27 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Gman2002Z06
Maybe you got the ticket for tinted windows because it is actually illegal in your state., not that the cop is crooked...As the saying goes...Don't do the crime if you can't do the time...

You need to look at this from a cops perspective...What if he is pulling over a car that has the windows tinted and he can't see in...He would have no idea if the driver is pointing a gun at him or whatever...

You guys crack me up with how you degrade the cops for doing their job, when you guys are breaking the laws...

Peace...Gman
laws are for citizens saftey. why should my liberties be limited because of some weiners career choice. i dont see how that law makes life any more safe for me or my family.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:42 AM
On The Tree

Tell that to the guy that pulls out in front of you some night because his windows were tinted and his visibility was reduced...I know this is true, as when I was younger, I too liked the nice dark tint in the windows...Made my hopped up black GLH Turbo look really mean...But at night...YOU COULDN'T SEE FOR ****...

That's how it makes life safer for YOU and YOUR FAMILY...Or maybe it will be the family that you pull out in front of that doesn't get to ask the question of why you never saw them...

Peace...Gman
Old 08-09-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by spy2520
I dont plan on shooting cops through my tinted windows while driving.
yeah.....the glass in an F-body costs too much......roll the window down BEFORE you shoot....... (sorry....couldn't resist)

personally that is BS about being pulled over for tint.......it has little to do with safety and everything to do with making money..........follow the money trail and you understand many laws......
Old 08-09-2005, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

Ya, I'm sure that when they sat down and wrote the laws for window tint...The first thing that came to their minds was...Hey, lets make window tinting illegal just so we can make some extra money...**** on the cop that has to walk up to the window not knowing what he is looking at...AS LONG AS WE MAKE OUR MONEY...

Some of you guys need to get a grip on reality...

Peace...Gman
Old 08-09-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Resident

I was hmm in military leagal affairs too. I reclassed going back in the reserves.. I got tired of BS like this thread.

On active around post and town I had few if any hassles with my car. Other areas of the state I got stopped for anything from time to time.. Once the guy said I thought it may be stolen since it has out of state tags. Around post I found a paved road out in the sticks for test and tunes and dont street race.

Back home I got pulled over about 12x the first month.... Two examples

1. Turn signal 4-5ft too late , empty intersection, right turn lane with cutout and merge lane, nobody behind me but the cop two lanes over and 1/2 block back
2. no front plate (FMIC thing),
3. tabs... payed for but not installed first 2min back home after 2+ years of 12on and 12 off duy... I paid my dad to buy them so when I got home I could put them on. I know that when you enter a plate in the computer SOP on stop initiation it shows if it has been payed.. He followed from the HWY off ramp for 2 miles (just got off from a XC trip).. He ran it he had time... It said tabs payed.

that kind of crap..

I dont give them attitude and when they realize I'm not a 80# 16year old when the approach the door they are suprised. Damn HS kids and stupid movies with stupid looking cars....
Old 08-09-2005, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Roarin_8
Power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Chuck Pahlanuik. I'm a winner!
Old 08-10-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Why is noone addressing the real problem here?
We need to develop better window tint.

Our government is spending millions of dollars to design a plan to reduce the global warming of the earth. Solar sails that would block part of the sun's rays, unmanned ships at sea that will create clouds from the sea water, and huge filters that might help reduce the levels of co2 in the atmosphere, so why can't we come up with a better type of window tint? Officers want to be able to see in at night, so with the lack of certain uv wave lengths, the tint would go clear. Then, in the morning, when the sun comes up, the tint turns dark, which is what consumers want.
Is that the end all solution? No, of course not. But i would rather have people here kick around ideas on how to FIX the problem, than just pointing fingers at each other.

And for the record, i've meet nice cops and ******* cops.
And i'm sure different customers have meet me and thought the same thing.
My .02
Old 08-10-2005, 02:10 PM
On The Tree

The solution has been around for a few years...

http://www.innovativeglasscorp.com/auto.htm

Problem would still be...People not turning the tint off at night or when they are pulled over...

Peace...Gman
Old 08-10-2005, 02:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Stark
And for the record, i've meet nice cops and ******* cops.
And i'm sure different customers have meet me and thought the same thing.
I think that is the general consensus.....(and it goes for everyone in society)....

not every cop is a d*ck but those that are give the good cops a bad rap and make their job/lives much harder than they should be which is sad.......

a company can be a very customer oriented business and 99.9% of their workers would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it but you happen to get the 0.1% ******* on the phone........

a guy can be a very nice person but you catch him on the one day his wife cheats on him, his car brakes down, and his dog dies.......

Originally Posted by Gman2002Z06

Problem would still be...People not turning the tint off at night or when they are pulled over...

Peace...Gman
I would love to have that tint on my windows.......dark tint when the sun is out so you don't get blinded, then clear at night so you can actually see where you are going......
Old 08-10-2005, 03:30 PM
TECH Regular

Gman! Nice product, but i was thinking something more economical for the everyday joe like me. Something a little more "idiot proof", so we don't forget to "turn it off" for the officer.

I'm sure someone's working on this stuff
Old 08-11-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Resident

There is some stuff.. Expensive as compared to metalized but not as bad as the electronic solution. Its based on the auto darkening eye glasses... I forgot the MFG and name...