Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

California to Crack Down on Street Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmoked99
Well this is just ****** stupid and I hate cops so much that whenever they try to pull me over in my SS I always run.....and always get away too. For the cops that are on this site from cali....**** YOU GUYS! I see most cops as lil bitches and I think back in high school they used to be geeks that got picked on by the other kids...so they become a cop and think there above the law. I don't know if you see it the way I do, but the cops that I've seen abuse there power and talk a lot of **** and harras the guys my age.
Do you street race?
Old 08-04-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ZFan88
Do you street race?
Christ! I hope he doesn't anywhere around me or my family. I have enough to worry about in a race without having a 'tard like him next to me.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Lol, that was the point I was going to make
Old 08-04-2005, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1 GG
Holy ****...Get outa state tags is my best bet man
Nope, can't even do that anymore..... Cali passed a new law about a year ago that says if you live in CA all of your vehicles need to be registered to that state. If you move into CA from anywhere else you have 6mos to get CA registration or it turns into a federal offense. As for cops being taught to look for mods.... hmmm, I'm a member of one of the biggest police dept.s in the country and I've heard NOTHING about that. Might be all part of the Highway Patrol, but they're barely cops anyway. As long as you've got CARB numbers for all your "visible" parts you're in the clear. And yes, I street race!
Old 08-04-2005, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing is, this does not only effect "street racers." Under the banner of putting an end to street racing, they are taking away the ability to modify your car. You should be worried whether or not you "street race." The day is comming when you won't be able to touch your own car. This is being pushed by Aaaaaaahrnold, amongst others.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

I'm glad I live where I do. No emissions, good roads, fast competition.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

QUOTE:hmmm, I'm a member of one of the biggest police dept.s in the country and I've heard NOTHING about that.

It's been on the news several times. Go to the CARB website and pick your mods. Maybe you can add 15 hp with JBA shorties and a K&N. How many parts that build significant hp actually have a CARB#? 15 hp, yeah cool...................
Old 08-04-2005, 02:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra03
Christ! I hope he doesn't anywhere around me or my family. I have enough to worry about in a race without having a 'tard like him next to me.
STFU! You street race bitch! So don't try an talk ****...
Old 08-04-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Regular

STFU! You street race bitch! So don't try an talk ****...
No doubt and could outdrive you in a heartbeat, been doing it for over 30 years. I'm just not an asswipe who's sack hasn't decended that doesn't have a clue about societal aspects like yourself. "I run from the cops", ****, give me a break. You run from some of the cops I've known and you'd either be dead or pissin' down yer skinny little legs shortly thereafter. Get a ******' clue. Excuse my french there folks, got a bit riled.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

I'm glad I live where I do. No emissions, good roads, fast competition.

Damn Charlie! If I didn't know better, the way you describe where you live sounds like my neck of the woods! Country livin is great!
Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
Launching!

No doubt and could outdrive you in a heartbeat, been doing it for over 30 years. I'm just not an asswipe who's sack hasn't decended that doesn't have a clue about societal aspects like yourself. "I run from the cops", ****, give me a break. You run from some of the cops I've known and you'd either be dead or pissin' down yer skinny little legs shortly thereafter. Get a ******' clue. Excuse my french there folks, got a bit riled.
Let me say it again STFU! You can't outdrive me in a heartbeat either...YOUR CAR IS JUST FASTER and you know jack **** about me so go suck on this 8=====================D. Well its to bad I don't live where you do because I would run from the cops you've known. Why would I stop if I'm caught street racing?!?!?! No matter what you say I'm still gonna be doing what I'm doing....RUN FROM THE COPS. Gotta problem with it Charlie? To bad get used to it
Old 08-04-2005, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

I hope there's a cop in your area reading this right now, that would be interesting.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:36 PM
Launching!

We can go back and fourth talkin this ****, but its not gonna change what I do. Don't waste your time to respond to this
Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Launching!

I hope there's a cop in your area reading this right now, that would be interesting.
I hope so, but he still can't do anything to me. IF he/she didn't catch me in the act then they can't do nothing and if they can oh well...There really not going to come to my door and say I saw what you typed on LS1tech so were taking your car
Old 08-04-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

No, but they'll know who you are, which they can follow...then that will lead them to busting other street racers as well as yourself
Old 08-04-2005, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Funny how all officers are lumped together. The bottom line is that they are all individuals that respond differently.

I just posted the other day a rather good experience. Turned out the officer had a ws6 at home and let me go.
On the other hand, I took a different officer to court six months ago and won.

5 months ago I got a speeding ticket 23 mph over, city police officer was cool about it. No doubt they make back every penny they spend on that laser gun and the some.

11 months ago got pulled over for 100+ in a 45 zone. Talked my way out of that one, Highway patrol had no way of proving it.

As far as big horsepower, get a blower. Or more cubes.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:57 PM
Launching!

No, but they'll know who you are, which they can follow...then that will lead them to busting other street racers as well as yourself
Yeah well the thing is when I race its not usually set up to go meet somewhere. Its other cars I just happen to see on the street
Old 08-04-2005, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Around where I live I really don't think they'll waste there time to follow people who race when people get shot everyday in my area. Racers are probably nothing to them when there's gangs everywhere around here
Old 08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
10 Second Club

I hope so, but he still can't do anything to me. IF he/she didn't catch me in the act then they can't do nothing and if they can oh well...There really not going to come to my door and say I saw what you typed on LS1tech so were taking your car
Hey you are in my area... Interesting.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Azrael
Hey you are in my area... Interesting.
HmMMm....I guessing your a cop huh?