Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Who would win: 2001 Stang vs. My 01 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joegt38
Yeah the bigger wheels n the back would make it worse, my last set up I ran 11.9 with the 18" and nittos the best I can get is a 1.9 60'... It was .4 better with 16s and a drag radial. 1.7 60' not leaving as hard as I should.

thanks alot!

now im thinking of keeping my stock rims and throwing a drag radial on them!!!

i mean i wont have the cool factor, maybe i could get some 17s but stillllll on what your saying...slower 1/4 mile times...
Old 08-25-2005, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Ok I hear what you are saying but using your example, if you came on and said that, than people would need to argue against that with examples of... "cammed LS1's", not Cammed BUILT LS1's with NOS etc etc. See what I mean? I guess if you were having a seperate sort of off-topic side discussion with him than thats something different.

Anyhow, I do however share your sentiments that it's silly for someone to say all these Blown GT's are weak. What people consider "fast" or "slow" is totally relative. But for someone to say that in a general context is asinine. Mostly likely just spewing brand loyalist crap. I am just like you in that I like and respect most all sports & muscle car's not just the one I drive.

So you might be selling it soon? What do you plan on buying? 03 Cobra? Fbody? Vette?
Actually I was refering to my old set up with 418rwhp no nitrous or built motor, the car moved out very well off the line even from a roll with an auto (if I started low enough). My new set up hasn't been fine tuned or dynoed or tracked yet.

Im going back with the GNs I had one b4 my Zs and it was a monster so most likely it will be a GN.

Last edited by Joegt38; 08-25-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AnthonyConstant
thanks alot!

now im thinking of keeping my stock rims and throwing a drag radial on them!!!

i mean i wont have the cool factor, maybe i could get some 17s but stillllll on what your saying...slower 1/4 mile times...
Get some 15" - 16" welds with a nice fat drag radial

Yes the bigger the wheel the heavier it makes it plus no traction, when tryin to obtain traction you need side wall flex on the tire. Thats why ya notice at the track or at the street races people let the air outta the tire, when you see the wrinkle in the tire on a hard launch that means there hookin hard, if you dont have a side wall due to larger wheels you wont get that wrinkle affect.

Last edited by Joegt38; 08-25-2005 at 07:41 AM.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:37 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sukkoi19
Just race already, obviously the results will put this thread to rest. Nice combo there Joegt38.
Thanks

Yes Id like to know the outcome already, believe it or not Im pullin for ya....
Old 08-25-2005, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

listen I was not saying that all 4.6 mustangs are crap what I was saying is that all the ones where I live are not that great Im sure most are just stock with the blowers on and yes I agree that your starting out with just a little over 200 rwhp so its harder to make them go.I know you can make them run good yours seems to run really good.and yes fast is fast,ford chevy or other.and before I got my ls1 I was a ford guy had a 95 mustang procharged all the goodies was a great car.and I do like the 4.6 but I favor the 4valve.just to let you know my car made513rwhp at 8-9psi and 536rwtq on a dynojet.and I must say your car is fast I give props for that!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by boosted99camaro
listen I was not saying that all 4.6 mustangs are crap what I was saying is that all the ones where I live are not that great Im sure most are just stock with the blowers on and yes I agree that your starting out with just a little over 200 rwhp so its harder to make them go.I know you can make them run good yours seems to run really good.and yes fast is fast,ford chevy or other.and before I got my ls1 I was a ford guy had a 95 mustang procharged all the goodies was a great car.and I do like the 4.6 but I favor the 4valve.just to let you know my car made513rwhp at 8-9psi and 536rwtq on a dynojet.and I must say your car is fast I give props for that!
It all good this internet **** makes my work day go by faster

You car seems to be damn strong itself, I wish I woulda finished my turbo z myself but it started to get a bit xpensive since I was doing both GT and Z, like I said after I tune my GT and take it to the track I wanna do another turbo...GN .

You still on a stock bottom?
Old 08-25-2005, 09:35 AM
TECH Resident

You'd need more then 8inch in your shrts to get me in the hole,
Whoa, whoa, I missed this at first. Gentleman, please take this kinda stuff to PM.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

lol, sick ***** I didn't even see that.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Resident

lol, sorry I'm bored at work and just couldn't resist.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:44 AM
On The Tree

It all good this internet **** makes my work day go by faster

You car seems to be damn strong itself, I wish I woulda finished my turbo z myself but it started to get a bit xpensive since I was doing both GT and Z, like I said after I tune my GT and take it to the track I wanna do another turbo...GN .

You still on a stock bottom?
ya its all fun.Im still on the stock bottom end.im going to keep upping the boost till she blows then im doing a forged short block.I used to have a gn too great car should have never sold it!
Old 08-25-2005, 12:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by boosted99camaro
ya its all fun.Im still on the stock bottom end.im going to keep upping the boost till she blows then im doing a forged short block.I used to have a gn too great car should have never sold it!
Im still kickin myself for getting rid of mine, I start to get to many projects at the same time. When I had the GN I bought an LT1 z and kinda neglected the GN (whata dumb move) and started working on the z
Old 08-26-2005, 12:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get some 15" - 16" welds with a nice fat drag radial

Yes the bigger the wheel the heavier it makes it plus no traction, when tryin to obtain traction you need side wall flex on the tire. Thats why ya notice at the track or at the street races people let the air outta the tire, when you see the wrinkle in the tire on a hard launch that means there hookin hard, if you dont have a side wall due to larger wheels you wont get that wrinkle affect.
Yes BUT the only problem with that is...im building this car to be a hussle car...everything about it mocks the v6 camaro...single outlet exhuast, lack of badges, 110 speedo, ect ect...

So i was wanting to keep a street look...i think some 15 welds would give a little something away? any thoughts?
Old 08-26-2005, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AnthonyConstant
Yes BUT the only problem with that is...im building this car to be a hussle car...everything about it mocks the v6 camaro...single outlet exhuast, lack of badges, 110 speedo, ect ect...

So i was wanting to keep a street look...i think some 15 welds would give a little something away? any thoughts?
What kinda power are you putting down, how much you plan on putting down in the future? The reasn I ask is cause you can do 18s with the Drags if ya want but if you plan on putting down more then 350rwhp I suggest the smaller wheels. The problem with that is if you want alot of power and to be fast on the street your going to have to sacrafice the stock look you'll have a ton of power but never hook.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get some nitto 555's and some 16 or 17 inch stock ss or z28 wheels. That way you can get decent traction and still have a fairly stock lookin car. Only thing is how are you gonna keep the sound down of a roarin LS1 as opposed to a 3800 v6? Sounds like its gonna be a real nice sleeper if you can keep the engine noise down. Good luck with the conversion!
Old 08-26-2005, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by soontobeLS1
I have a friend I work with, we are always bugging each other and getting bugged by co-workers who's car would win in a drag. My details for my TA are in my sig.

His Car:

2001 Mustang GT Convertible, Vortech 8LB Blower (Sometimes gets 10 PSI), Bassani X-Pipe and Bassani Catback, Steeda Shifter, 20 Inch rims. I think it would be me by a hair due to the weight difference...

We haven't gone yet. I have been for a ride in his, and he has been in mine. His car does pull freaking hard though.

Thx
Hmmm, I dunno but I've seen blown mustangs dyno at 276/314....is it a auto or 5 spd? The vert body he's runnin isnt light either...is it an off road X pipe or catted? The dubz aint helping things at all in the dag racing department either....You might take him man...hard to say though...
Old 08-26-2005, 10:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 01black
Hmmm, I dunno but I've seen blown mustangs dyno at 276/314....is it a auto or 5 spd? The vert body he's runnin isnt light either...is it an off road X pipe or catted? The dubz aint helping things at all in the dag racing department either....You might take him man...hard to say though...
96-98 maybe but even for them thats pretty low. Must be somethig seriously wrong with that car. Thats even real low for a mustang dyno.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What kinda power are you putting down, how much you plan on putting down in the future? The reasn I ask is cause you can do 18s with the Drags if ya want but if you plan on putting down more then 350rwhp I suggest the smaller wheels. The problem with that is if you want alot of power and to be fast on the street your going to have to sacrafice the stock look you'll have a ton of power but never hook.

Right now about 425, but thats with a 150 shot of nitrous. Yes i plan on putting an ungodly amount of power down , as im saving for the sts turbo kit too. Yes as you say the sacrafice is what is scarying me, that why i was wanting to go more " show" looking rims...hence the 18s, so i can play it off as its just a show v6 camaro.
Old 08-26-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Just get some nitto 555's and some 16 or 17 inch stock ss or z28 wheels. That way you can get decent traction and still have a fairly stock lookin car. Only thing is how are you gonna keep the sound down of a roarin LS1 as opposed to a 3800 v6? Sounds like its gonna be a real nice sleeper if you can keep the engine noise down. Good luck with the conversion!
Thanks alot bro! i have stock 16s, 5 stars...i thought of maybe throwing some nittos on them? but they dont look nearly as good as some chrome/black aftermarket wheels would...i have the cutout now, and i play it off as im running the 3.8 open, to make my car sound like one of DEM v8s " i can make your car sound like that too!"

but im working on welding 2 resonators after the car before fthe stock exhaust muffler, it will be VERY restrictive, but ill keep a cut out, so when i line up....ROARRRRR...hahaah
Old 08-28-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 08-28-2005, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

With his power he will rape you, the only way you do have a chance is from a dig and you hookin cause he aint going nowhere with 20s. I have 18s and nitto drs and it don't help at all.

Hell even from a roll with 20's the gt is DONE..

Id take the ls1 anyday over a blown stang on 20s.

AS far as 4.6 stangs being crap.Well i say different.but i respect any fast car esp ones built by the owners themselves.

Hell get a gt if you want to hussle everyone thinks we are slow..But some of us surely are not.

Quick Reply: Who would win: 2001 Stang vs. My 01 WS6