Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Raced a supercharged S2000

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, wtf, why are you so hung up on this LS1 vs S2k thing. It has nothing to do with that. It has everything to do with the FACTS. I already said what I needed to say about the race. If you can't comprehend it, sorry.

PS-Oh and one more thing...Since when the hell is a 233/233 cam considered small?? LOL, get a clue dude.

PSS- What do you mean he sprayed "again"?? LOL, so he only momentarily sprayed for the intitial burst and than let off the spray?? I think I got it now! He killed the guy and than let off COMPLETELY, than here comes the S2k with a full head of steam and than he hit it again but it was too late. Now THAT makes sense.

Last edited by KB99WS6; 08-29-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:38 PM
TECH Resident

LIKE OMG WTF!!

First off don't talk to me like I don't know what the **** I'm talking about. I'm sorry I didn't know the exact specs on a ******* camshaft before making assumptions, but yeah his numbers are weak, so I figured it was a small cam MY BAD.

I'm not hung up on this S2K for LS1 thing. I've posted a video and quotes from the two guys that ran and it's like still no one believes that the car pulled on the Trans Am up top when it's quite obvious.

Another thing. Do you know how nitrous works? You do realize that he can hit it more than one time a day right? He sprayed him on the go, which explains the immediate jump then when the S2K started pulling up top he juiced him a little bit more maybe not so much as the first time, but he still hit it regardless.

I live in the same area as these guys and this is what I'm told. Believe what you want, but like I said the proof's in the pudding and obviously there's a pretty ******* quick S2K in the pudding tonight.

And what "facts" are you talking about? Last time I checked this thread was about a S/Ced S2K vs. and LS1. I posted a video of a pretty ******* quick S2K racing a Trans Am and that has nothing to do with facts? No sir actually I think I presented quite a few facts.

Thanks.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Yay for more facts!!

Originally Posted by Black Nugget
Anyways - thought I might let you know just for argument purposes for ya! I talked with TRYMYTA after the race. He told me once we hit the third honk he sprayed to pull an instant 3 cars. He then said he let off the bottle. Once I started pulling in third he said he sprayed again to keep the gap open. I guess by the top of third he let off the bottle and that was when i started pulling real hard on him.

Anyways - here is TRYMYTA's numbers before the 75 shot
99 Trans Am
341RWHP 452 RWTQ ON THE MOTOR

chad
Old 08-29-2005, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

ritz, I'm sorry man but you are a total dumbass and have no idea what the hell you are talking about...just the nitrous explanation alone was hysterical. Anyhow, I am not even going to bother wasting my time trying to talk sense into you at this point.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:46 PM
TECH Resident

That's fine.

It's just funny that I presented cold hard facts straight from the guys involved in the race and you're trying to tell me that I'm wrong.

Your avatar suits you perfectly.
Old 08-29-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ritz

Your avatar suits you perfectly.
Yes, b/c you pretend to know what you are talking about when I actually do. You are ignorant AND combative. Bad combination. I think you need some advice from Yoda at this point:

Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 PM
TECH Resident

That's cute that you had to find a picture to post.

I posted a video of an ls1 racing a s/ced s2k.
The s2k started pulling the ls1 up top.

I posted quotes off of a local board from both owners telling what happened.
Both of them agreed on what happened.

You say that my nitrous argument was hysterical. Why's that? He can spray whenever the **** he wants to. What is he not allowed to spray more than one time in a given time frame.

I'm done with this thread and you. I've backed up my argument with visual facts. You don't have a leg to stand on.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by KB99WS6
Yes, b/c you pretend to know what you are talking about when I actually do. You are ignorant AND combative. Bad combination. I think you need some advice from Yoda at this point:

Apparently you're a Yoda fan. Lets see if we can translate this into something you will understand.

AN IDIOT YOU ARE!

Last edited by Black Nugget; 08-29-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Teching In

Just reading your ignorant *** posts made me feel the need to register.. Your a ******* idiot. You may know what your talking about.. But your saying that FACTS arn't FACTS.

The facts are right here you ******* idiot. http://members.***.net/trymyta/videos/S2000.wmv

Click the link, watch the video, and ******* go home you dipshit.
Old 08-29-2005, 10:13 PM
Teching In

I do have some good news for you though KB99WS6. Every now and again I take a trip up to Northern Maryland area - Owings Mills to be exact.
Doing some basic math - TRYMYTA will walk you. So... we can meet up and I can completely slaughter you. Therefore with our little math lesson we can determine I will hang with TRYMYTA until up top when I pass him. Then you can post up that Honda owns your life and go on your merry way.
Not to sure if I can keep your retarded Yoda talk going, but I'll do what I can!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Hey what they hell you come to OM for? I want to take a look at your beast man. I live in OM as well! Where in OM do you hang out? I must see your car when you are there!
Old 08-29-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

LIKE OMG WTF!!

First off don't talk to me like I don't know what the **** I'm talking about. I'm sorry I didn't know the exact specs on a ******* camshaft before making assumptions, but yeah his numbers are weak, so I figured it was a small cam MY BAD..
You are the one who knows this guy, knew of this race AND posted the video, which clearly states at the beginning that its a 233/233 cam. Furthermore you even said yourself that it was a TSP torquer cam, yet you still said over and over that it was a small cam? Right off the bat its clear that you are clueless. And so you don't even know about the cam yet you want to comment about the race like you're a ******* expert while anyone who defends the LS1 car is just some ignoramus who doesn't argue actual facts, we are just blindly arguing that the LS1 can neva LOSE right??

Another thing. Do you know how nitrous works? You do realize that he can hit it more than one time a day right? He sprayed him on the go, which explains the immediate jump then when the S2K started pulling up top he juiced him a little bit more maybe not so much as the first time, but he still hit it regardless. ..
Are you serious with this ****?? Gee you mean you can spray more than 1X a day? Wow, I never knew that DUMBASS! You gotta be kidding me, lol. The question is...since when do people stop spraying and respray during a SINGLE highway roll race moron?? And if he did do that well that completely changes everything, wouldn't it? You can't post a video of two cars and say one was spraying a 75 shot if he wasn't even spraying it for the whole race. Thats asinine. Who the **** does that?? You say "he sprayed again" once the S2k started catching up?? LOL. Well than thats basically 2 races that took place...and for the second the S2k had a head full head of steam head start. Oh and I love this one...you say but apparently he didn't spray as much the second time?? "he jucied him a little more, maybe not so much as the first time" ?? LOL.

Furthermore, did you not get what I said about weight not meaning as much at higher speeds? a 2800lb 350/200 car is NOT going to pull 5 cars on a 3600lb 420/450 car from 100-130mph UNLESS of course maybe....the guy let off the N20 when he hit 100, lol. And even than it would be along shot. Just look at my race. I am about 1000lbs heavier than that S2k I raced and only have about 50rwhp more, yet I was pulling on him in 4th gear time and time again. How do you explain that?

Posting a video of a race is one thing. Knowing the facts of what actually happened with each car specifically is an entirely different thing. And you can't comprehend that people will comment what SHOULD have happened if both cars were running & driven properly per their given specs? No ,you just talk nonsense and say hey I posted the video I'm an expert, any comments against what I am saying is purely nonsense b/c I umm..posted the video...and theres umm a video...blah blah blah, lol.

And Oh lookie, how cute. You invited your friend to try and get your back. Unfortunately that can save you from the fact that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Last edited by KB99WS6; 08-30-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:20 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by OdessitPashka
Hey what they hell you come to OM for? I want to take a look at your beast man. I live in OM as well! Where in OM do you hang out? I must see your car when you are there!
I have quite a few friends that live in that area that I like to visit from time to time. I'll drop you a message when I'm in the area.

Are you serious with this ****?? Gee you mean you can spray more than 1X a day? Wow, I never knew that DUMBASS! You gotta be kidding me, lol.
- well we weren't exactly sure. with all of your "intellectual posts", we knew we had to break it down for ya

The question is...since when do people stop spraying and respray during a SINGLE highway roll race moron??
- lets see if I can get this across for you, apparently one of those "i live my life a quarter mile a time" fucktards. Three honks - beep beep beep. He sprayed straight out of the hole to gain an immediate lead and held that. Then from what I had understood talking to him afterwards he let off the switch. Shortly after doing so he looked in his rear view mirror to see me catching up. i guess ritz didn't realize that he needed to fully break this one down for you. not 100% sure about the TA top speeds in each gear. but we did a 40 mph roll, therefore I'm already 20 mph away from second. if you have a 350+rwhp car and also have a 75 shot of nitrous.. how much longer do you think you are going to be in second gear? my guess is not to long... makes sense eh? so - he saw me catching up after he let off the bottle and started spraying again in third. so let me do a little bit more math for you... he sprayed out of the hole = that would be top of second. then sprayed again in third when he saw me catching up. 2 is shortly followed by 3. so he sprayed almost continually for 2 atleast gears!

Furthermore, did you not get what I said about weight not meaning as much at higher speeds? a 2800lb 350/200 car is NOT going to pull 5 cars on a 3600lb 420/450 car from 100-130mph UNLESS of course maybe....the guy let off the N20 when he hit 100, lol. And even than it would be along shot. Just look at my race. I am about 1000lbs heavier than that S2k I raced and only have about 50rwhp more, yet I was pulling on him in 4th gear time and time again. How do you explain that?
- lets see. for starters, we can't look at your race because all you have is a story of "this is what happened" while ritz is backing his up with a video. given the numbers i take it he probably beat you and you're afraid to admit it. However, I do have a friend with a stock vortech supercharged s2000 that lives in owings mills area. after i'm done with you maybe you'd like to be embarrassed a second time around?

Posting a video of a race is one thing. Knowing the facts of what actually happened with each car specifically is an entirely different thing. And you can't comprehend that people will comment what SHOULD have happened if both cars were running & driven properly per their given specs? No ,you just talk nonsense and say hey I posted the video I'm an expert, any comments against what I am saying is purely nonsense b/c I umm..posted the video...and theres umm a video...blah blah blah, lol.
- and watching a video and thinking you know the facts is plain arrogant.

And Oh lookie, how cute. You invited your friend to try and get your back. Unfortunately that can save you from the fact that you have no clue as to what you are talking about.
- we have quite a bit of new 2005 members on the boards with quite some dumb things to say. we were shocked to hear their is a veteran on this board that is more stupid than all of them combined. so he had to hop over here real quick to see!

However I still am trying to comprehend the part where "we can't save him" since I was the one in the race?

Oh.. and um you're still an idiot!
Old 08-30-2005, 04:45 AM
TECH Resident

FWIW They are around 240hp stock....

While I have never tried it I think my 4g63 if it was run in NA form on gas would make over that due to alot of port work, crank lightening, cams, 4.75lb flywheel...Basically I tweeked everything... I run a good bit higher CR than most guys running the same boost since I run alcohol...

I assume he was'nt running much boost due to the stock compression ratio...

Should at minimum put in a really thick SCE copper head gasket to drop compression. Ringed the head and steped up the pulley... Or do a E85 conversion...

Another problem with hondas is that if the ecu sees the slightest bit of boost it throws a fit... So you need to fool it and run piggybacks or a hondata ECU.. I hate that so if I ever built one it would get a AEM like everything else... Wanna park it next to my roll cab sometime... I'll find some ponies

Just take the battle to a local strip so you get it on paper and off the streets.

May the shwartz be with you all...

Last edited by V8_DSM_V8again; 08-30-2005 at 05:30 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:48 AM
TECH Resident

The fact of the matter is this. I posted a video. People had their doubts saying OMG THE S2K secretly sprayed while he didn't. Sure I made a wrong assumption by saying he had a small cam...big ******* deal. It's like that's the only thing you have on me cause you keep bringing it up. Who ******* cares I made an assumption and it's wrong. I looked at his numbers and thought to myself "Damn that must not be a big cam". I never even looked at the specs of a TSP Torquer.

Anyways it seems as though you've backed yourself into a corner with no leg to stand on in your argument by pulling pics of Yoda off of ebaum's world...real mature.

The facts are stated in this thread all over along with a video YET YOU STILL DON'T BELIEVE IT!

I didn't invite anyone anywhere I asked Chad what his set-up was and I told him there were some non believers over here, so he invited himself.
Old 08-30-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Resident

- lets see if I can get this across for you, apparently one of those "i live my life a quarter mile a time" fucktards.
Three honks - beep beep beep. He sprayed straight out of the hole to gain an immediate lead and held that. Then from what I had understood talking to him afterwards he let off the switch.
BINGO! My whole point is this obviously paints a totally different picture on the race if he actually let off the N20. Odessit and ritz were previously arguing about whether how hard that S2k pulled the LS1 up top. Only well after the fact was it FINALLY revealed that the LS1 guy actually temporarily let off the N20. He came in talked about the race, posted the video and than got into arguments about it without even letting us know the REAL facts.

Shortly after doing so he looked in his rear view mirror to see me catching up. i guess ritz didn't realize that he needed to fully break this one down for you.
Tell me Einstein, can you not comprehend that if you say a S/C S2k rapes a sprayed LS1 up top, that is a significant peice of info that the LS1 let off the N20 at some point in the race?? What if it was the opposite and your S2k's Supercharger went off momentarily while the LS1 stayed in the spray for the whole race? Do you have any idea of the difference here? It would be a momentary difference of about 150rwhp for that time dumbass. Might as well slam on the breaks for a second and than restart. Its a big difference. Yet you assclowns are acting like it has no bearing on the outcome, lol.

- lets see. for starters, we can't look at your race because all you have is a story of "this is what happened"
No I don't have a video but its posted over on S2k forums, where the guy I raced is a member if you want to see. I explain it exactly how it happened, if anything I typically give myself less credit in races. I always tell it very conservatively from my end. I was actually pulling this guy pretty good in 4th but chose to say it was very close.

- ritz is backing his up with a video.
We already know what happened in the video..you obviously can't deny what was seen on the video. The question is WHY that happened, thats all I have been discussing. Again, the fact that the LS1 guy let off the N20 is significant whether you want to admit it or not moron. Ritz shouldn't post video's and talk about stuff when he is clueless, wants to comment about the cam the LS1 had, when he is clearly clueless about cams and fails to mention that the guy let off the N20, yet wants to argue with and give a hard time to someone who questions the outcome. That is the whole problem I had with this.

- given the numbers i take it he probably beat you and you're afraid to admit it.
Sorry pal but once again, you are wrong. He didn't beat me. He's a member on S2k, feel free to contact him personally. Check that thread over there.

- However, I do have a friend with a stock vortech supercharged s2000 that lives in owings mills area. after i'm done with you maybe you'd like to be embarrassed a second time around?
LOL, And who's the "I live my life a quarter mile at a time fucktard"?? Oh gee....you got a friend...I'm so scared. Hey "I got a friend" too!, lol... with just a cam and mild porting on stock heads who would love to run BOTH of you and see if you can stay within a football field. No S/C, no N20, just a cam and mildly ported stock heads. Maybe you two would both like to get embarrased??

- - and watching a video and thinking you know the facts is plain arrogant.
What the **** are you talking about?? I am going by the facts given to me moron! LOL!

- - we have quite a bit of new 2005 members on the boards with quite some dumb things to say. .
You included! Crawl back to the hole you came from.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:02 AM
Teching In

BINGO! My whole point is this obviously paints a totally different picture on the race if he actually let off the N20. Odessit and ritz were previously arguing about whether how hard that S2k pulled the LS1 up top. Only well after the fact was it FINALLY revealed that the LS1 guy actually temporarily let off the N20. He came in talked about the race, posted the video and than got into arguments about it without even letting us know the REAL facts.
- the video was made by TRYMYTA. Being that he is the person I ran and he included his 75 shot in list of mods in the video - it can be pretty figure given that he sprayed during this run. The question is when....
Right off the third honk he pulled very strongly around 2½ cars and held there. Shifting from 2nd to 3rd Gear (approximately 62mph) I started to close in on him at a decent pace. Then all of a sudden the pace got much much slower. Around top of 3rd shifting into 4th I started to pull much harder. Ask just about anyone that has been in or owns an S2000 - 4th gear is very strong. Around 100mph I started pulling much much harder on him. Around 130mph (end of the race) I was at his rear bumper and that is when he shut it down. The quote from him that ritz made - when he posted the video TRYMYTA did say that he shut it down when I was around his rear bumper.
After the race I walked over and shook his hand and told him good run. He told me that right off the third honk he hit the bottle. He said part way into 3rd gear he started to let off the bottle, however looked and saw me starting to pull at a decent pace so he hit the bottle again to keep his lead on me the same. Doing some thinking on my part - nitrous isn't cheap, so he was probably trying to conserve. I am sure that he did not think that I would pull as hard as I did that is why he started to let off but then hit it again. As I was not in his car, I can not say for certain what happened around 100mph mark. However I can tell you that the S2000, especially mine really does come alive in 4th. Most of my runs against V8's are won in 100+mph range.
There is no doubt that he would have completely murdered me in the 1/4 mile, we never questioned that. However he did simply say in his post (which ritz quoted) that if we were going for a much longer run that I would have beat him.
Lets try to atleast come to some sort of an agreement - he beats me 0-100. i beat him 100+
fair enough?

No I don't have a video but its posted over on S2k forums, where the guy I raced is a member if you want to see. I explain it exactly how it happened, if anything I typically give myself less credit in races. I always tell it very conservatively from my end. I was actually pulling this guy pretty good in 4th but chose to say it was very close.
Well, I was able to find your post on S2Ki (Clicky Clicky). However this is nothing more than you posting up a thread in Street Encounters as well. No reply from the SC'd S2000 that you ran.

Granted - you may have beat them. However you may wish to know a little bit something about the Supercharger Kits on the S2000. The stock Comptech Supercharger Kit uses a 5.5psi pulley and puts down roughly 280rwhp un-tuned. Stock Vortech Supercharger Kit uses a 7psi pulley 300rwhp un-tuned. My Comptech Kit is using a 11.5psi pulley and puts down 358rwhp tuned. Different setups can make the world of difference.
As well - you say you pulled pretty well on him in 4th gear. However you say in your post on S2Ki that "you'd say you went up to 100-120mph". That 20mph is a big difference in the S2000 - just getting into 4th gear & topping out 4th gear. But again - the s2000 comes alive in 4th gear... so I do have problems believing this part of your post.

We already know what happened in the video..you obviously can't deny what was seen on the video. The question is WHY that happened, thats all I have been discussing. Again, the fact that the LS1 guy let off the N20 is significant whether you want to admit it or not moron. Ritz shouldn't post video's and talk about stuff when he is clueless, wants to comment about the cam the LS1 had, when he is clearly clueless about cams and fails to mention that the guy let off the N20, yet wants to argue with and give a hard time to someone who questions the outcome. That is the whole problem I had with this.
- Shortly after ritz posted the video he made a comment saying "I do not know if he was spraying or not." Shall I find the post to quote it for you?
You are merely assuming that given a list of mods on my car that at 100+ there is no way that my S2 can pass a TA spraying. The comments are there from the TA owner - better start believing.

Sorry pal but once again, you are wrong. He didn't beat me. He's a member on S2k, feel free to contact him personally. Check that thread over there.
- already commented on this one

LOL, And who's the "I live my life a quarter mile at a time fucktard"?? Oh gee....you got a friend...I'm so scared. Hey "I got a friend" too!, lol... with just a cam and mild porting on stock heads who would love to run BOTH of you and see if you can stay within a football field. No S/C, no N20, just a cam and mildly ported stock heads. Maybe you two would both like to get embarrased??
- i am simply saying that i do not believe you will beat a stock supercharged s2000 - especially one equipped with a vortech. the purpose of this post is to arrange a run between you & another supercharged s2000.

What the **** are you talking about?? I am going by the facts given to me moron! LOL!
- again.. you think of reading a list of my mods & his mods that this video can't be right... your precious TA is untouchable. the comments are there from both people in this race. unlike yours - the only comments on both threads are your comments - nothing from the s2000 owner.

You included! Crawl back to the hole you came from.
- whatever you say bud

Last edited by Black Nugget; 08-30-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Obviously the only argument you have against me is the fact that I falsely assumed the spec of the cam. I already admitting fault on that therefore your argument is null and void. Obviously you don't know how to affectively argue because you're still trying to argue with me over something that I already admitted fault with.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:55 AM
TECH Resident

I am going to put to rest this whole argument about your race with that TA as we could sit here all nigth bickering back and forth and I just don't care enough about it to do that. The one thing I will address however, is this comment:

"again.. you think of reading a list of my mods & his mods that this video can't be right... your precious TA is untouchable"

That is WAY off base. For starters, it wasn't MY TA ....I could care less who won between the two of you, I honestly only care about discussing the facts. I could care less that his car is a TA and yours is an S2k. I like S2k's, I think they are pretty cool cars.

Now, regarding my race...Well I'm sorry you don't believe me but we raced 4-5 times and it is a fact that I was pulling on him up top each time. I was letting him get the jump each time. I would wait for him to gun it, than I would hit it right after he did, and I would very slowly inch on him than when I would go into fourth my pull got stronger and I would start to slowly pull ahead of him but kept having to brake for oncoming cars before I could pull in front of him. The one time he got the jump on me the guy waved bye bye out the window, and I was thinking oh really? We shall see...next thing I am even with him, but than had to brake b/c of a car in my lane. Next race he got jump againand I had more room and I was pulling right by him and returned the bye bye wave as I was going by him. unfortunately I had to brake again before I coulc completely pull in front of him. I don't doubt that your cars pull hard in fourth but don't forget how hard LS1's can pull in fourth as well. I am going to see if I can get a hold of this guy to confirm what I am saying. As far as racing your friend with the Vortech. Sure...I'll have my cam in soon so it should be a good race
Old 08-30-2005, 10:57 AM
TECH Resident

Obviously the only argument you have against me is the fact that I falsely assumed the spec of the cam. I already admitting fault on that therefore your argument is null and void. Obviously you don't know how to affectively argue because you're still trying to argue with me over something that I already admitted fault with.
obviosuly you only read what you want, there was a lot more to what I was saying pal.

Quick Reply: Raced a supercharged S2000