Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Governator Signs New Street Racing Bill

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's San Diego, but one city can now confiscate your car and destroy it [instead of auctioning it off] if caught street racing. I saw a news clip where they destroyed a 3rdgen Camaro.

Edit: It's LA. Here's the video clip
http://kcbs.dayport.com/viewer/viewe...f=video_pla%25

Why don't they go after people that cause more serious offenses, like drunk driving. More people die a year from accidents involving a DUI then street racing. But DUI's are back on the street over the weekend. Sometimes even multiple convictions don't stop them from driving.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Teching In

30 Days in jail minimum if I race a car?? But if I get a DUI its cool and im out in 24 hours?? WTF!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 12:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
Why not blame him, he's the one who signed it. I personally don't agree with a lot of the things the governator has done. And I'm not just biased because I don't care for celebrity politicians. He also wants to terminate your freedom to work on your cars. He wants to make it a crime to have any work done to your car unless they are ASE certified. It would be illegal to put even a CARB legal lid on your car unless you have the credentials. He was a great bodybuilder, but as far as a governor I think he sucks.
well hes the one you guys voted in not me, but even so you still have an opinion to be heard. i agree with what you say it is unnecessary for all that ase crap i think you should have the right to do stuff to your car freely. passing emissions is different.

as far as being a governor or leader in this country everyone immediately blames you for everything, take some responsibility of your own. stupid kids dont kill themselves street racing you dont have a prob. if you want to blame one person/group blame the people who made the fast & the furious
Old 10-07-2005, 01:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't vote for the terminator, and don't feel I have any personal responsibility to own up to. There are some really stupid drivers out their that do have a part in bringing about legislation like this. As for signing in a bill like this, I do hold the terminator responsible. Who else should I blame me? I didn't sign it. When he signs the bill that takes away our freedom to work on our own cars, I will be blaming him once again.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:35 AM
Launching!

wow!

Even more of a reason to run from the cops now when you are racing in an industrial area with nobody around except other racers/spectators that know the risks.

if the red and blue lights get behind me I am going to serve it.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:16 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by crazy151drinker
30 Days in jail minimum if I race a car?? But if I get a DUI its cool and im out in 24 hours?? WTF!!!!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Redneck Z, how do you get around emissions with your mods? I moved out to Torrance CA from Orlando FL. I havent done any mods yet because I am worried about the smog police.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It needs to go ahead and fall off into the ocean, what a crock of ****! Glad I live in TN because I'd be in jail the rest of my life if I lived there. I'd like to see them tell me what I can and can't do to my Z-28, I'd say blow me and keep on modding.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

street racing shouldn't be that serious (as far as punishment)
but if you kill someone because of it, treat it as murder
Old 10-07-2005, 11:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

whoa last night was race night . . there were so many cops last night the helicopter was flying back and forth from race spot to race spot . . we couldnt even gather up becasuse the cops would show up and starting writting tickets for everything. . and i mean everything. . and im not sure but i think there was a high speed chase. . who knows.. its getting crazy . .i remember the days my brother would take me and the cops would just tell u to leave now they close of the streets and trap everyone in. . theres more accedents cause by people running then the actuall races. . i donno my two cents. . cali = **** great place to live worse place to race. .or now even have a personalized car. .but i got one thing to say there never ganna stop us just ganna have to get smarter. . just remember . . its better to drink and drive then race . .so next time u wanna race. .grab a beer
Old 10-07-2005, 01:23 PM
Launching!

I was thinking about moving to Cali after college, but I don't like the direction their public policies are going (too hippiesh and I live in Austin). Guess I stay down herrr in Texas.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by jcgardnr
Hey Redneck Z, how do you get around emissions with your mods? I moved out to Torrance CA from Orlando FL. I havent done any mods yet because I am worried about the smog police.
I have a smogeable heads and cam, with CARB legal JBA's. Just be careful about what parts you put on your car.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tell your govenor to kiss my azz.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I didn't vote for the terminator
and you dont have to live in california, if you cant stand it leave. i know i would like to live out there just because i assume there are a lot of hot bitches but i like stl a lot
Old 10-08-2005, 01:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98SuperSport
and you dont have to live in california, if you cant stand it leave. i know i would like to live out there just because i assume there are a lot of hot bitches but i like stl a lot
There are a lot of hot chicks.........and believe me they know it. You're right, I have chosen to live here, but things are getting rediculous and I'd eventually like to move out of state.
Old 10-08-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Resident

I have a smogeable heads and cam, with CARB legal JBA's. Just be careful about what parts you put on your car.
I dont really worry about it, there's ways to get around it
Old 10-08-2005, 03:26 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by santiago
I dont really worry about it, there's ways to get around it
The thing about sac is, they're using their new streetracing funding to set up check points and search for CARB #'s. They will pull you over for no front license plate, exhaust too loud, tint, etc. They are using any weak excuse possible to pull you over and comb your vehicle for illegal mods(no CARB#), LT's, etc. It's not just about passing smog anymore, you also have to sneak around and hope you don't don't get caught. If it was me, I'd be sweating bullets everytime I pulled alongside a cop with a G5X3 and longtubes, here in sac.

Last edited by Redneck Z; 10-08-2005 at 03:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

The thing about sac is, they're using their new streetracing funding to set up check points and search for CARB #'s. They will pull you over for no front license plate, exhaust too loud, tint, etc. They are using any weak excuse possible to pull you over and comb your vehicle for illegal mods(no CARB#), LT's, etc. It's not just about passing smog anymore, you also have to sneak around and hope you don't don't get caught. If it was me, I'd be sweating bullets everytime I pulled alongside a cop with a G5X3 and longtubes, here in sac.
ya I heard about that up there, but Ive pulled up on quite a few cops here and they jus seem to look at my car and keep drivin. I've been runnin the cam for about 12-13,000 miles and the only thing I've gotten pulled over for is goin 45mph in a 35 mph

all these rules about not being able to modify the car I pay for is a bunch of horseshit. I make the car payment, so I will do what I want to it.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Ric
TECH Enthusiast

I'm with Redneck Z! CA is starting to suck donkey *****!

Yeah... we should take their star away and give it to Puerto Rico.

It'll fall off into the ocean someday, anywho.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Launching!

Boohoo...

You're all hippies...

California sucks...

Democrats suck...

I'm glad I live where I live...

blah...blah... ******* blah...

I'm glad you live where you live too. I was born and raised in CA, have had SEVERAL modified cars and as long as you stay reasonable, you're okay.

Sure, driver's tests, smog and octane is more stringent than the rest of the country, but I'd rather be here than anywhere else.

Just like cars, banks, music and women... love what YOU LOVE and be happy with it and stop bashing what you don't like or understand.

Quick Reply: Governator Signs New Street Racing Bill