Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

I hate Evos

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 06:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate Evos

So I just got spanked by a F***ing Evo. It was not stock. Thats the only reason why I'm not to pissed about it. I know I seem pissed but really I'm not. So I make a U-turn to go the other direction on the highway and across the highway comes a blue Evo. I'm probably doing 60 or so, pass him around 70. He gets behind me I down shift to 3rd, and take off, next thing I know I can't get him off my ***. Petal to the floor and he isn't going anywhere. Damn. So from about a 70 role I couldn't get away from him for my life. That sucks. I know it wasn't stock because he was shooting flames from the paint can out the back. Carbon fiber hood bla bla bla...Oh well guess that just mean I have to step it up.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Regular

If I follow the events correctly:

He gets behind you. You down-shift to 3rd and take off.

You can't get him off your *** while WOT and from a 70mph roll you can't get away from him. It sucks. He wasn't stock because you see flames coming out of his cofee can.

How did he spank you if he was behind you?

I'm guessing he passed you if you saw flames coming from him.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I know what happened. A petal is too soft...use your foot next time..
Old 10-18-2005, 09:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah, stepping on the petal will just make a mess on the carpet.

Just messin... Explain, more details please!
Old 10-18-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Resident

next time u run up against an evo, just throw him a rev when your right next to him. who knows, maybe his car will shut off

Last edited by tripps; 10-18-2005 at 10:59 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-18-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Second Club

bro- calm down you have basically nothing done to your car. you have a friggin lid and a maf that may hurt the car from what i've heard.

get some minor bolt-ons and you'll put buslengths on most evo's. the ones with cams/tuning are the ones you have to worry about, they run an average of LOW 12's @ 112mph+ with the cams/tuning and full exhaust/intake etc...although that is nothing that cannot be take care of.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:12 AM
Launching!

See Initial D Team Emperor Battles.
Old 10-19-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The one EVO I rode in was decent for acceleration, really nice at handling, but STOPPING!!! DAMN!!!!,its like that time in grade school when you run into something while not paying attention to where you arerunning during recess. that thing STOPS! (and I rode in one with harder than the stock AVANT tires). The owner said it stopped a lot better with the stock tires although i have no clue how that is possible.
Then again, I drive a 5.0 with only aftermarket rotors...but it would still have raped my 95 LT1 in the braking dept. no contest.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

Lol, more details. Im assuming he stayed on your *** for a bit then maybe you slowed down and once he passed you you seen the flames? Just means hes running rich. I get flames every once in a while too.

Ive seen some Evo's trap 115+ with full exhaust, reflash and cams, so definitely no slouch.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
get some minor bolt-ons and you'll put buslengths on most evo's.
I wouldn't say that.. I wouldn't say that at all.

And also, ditch that Granatelli MAF, it's hurting you way more than it helps you. They're pieces of ****.

Shoulda bought some headers or something.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sleeperstyle
bro- calm down you have basically nothing done to your car. you have a friggin lid and a maf that may hurt the car from what i've heard.
Exactly. Cam and Longtube your car. Then show him whats up.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HyperliteSS
So I just got spanked by a F***ing Evo. It was not stock. Thats the only reason why I'm not to pissed about it. I know I seem pissed but really I'm not. So I make a U-turn to go the other direction on the highway and across the highway comes a blue Evo. I'm probably doing 60 or so, pass him around 70. He gets behind me I down shift to 3rd, and take off, next thing I know I can't get him off my ***. Petal to the floor and he isn't going anywhere. Damn. So from about a 70 role I couldn't get away from him for my life. That sucks. I know it wasn't stock because he was shooting flames from the paint can out the back. Carbon fiber hood bla bla bla...Oh well guess that just mean I have to step it up.
What you stated above makes you sound really immature.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Default Here's more

Okay, well first off I guess I'm not the best at explaining things on paper. As for you MetallicblueWs6 not to sure why I sound imature, but whatever. The Evo pulled out of an industrial are that I know for a fact has a few speed shops in it. He pulled out infront of me in the other lane thats how I saw flames. Running rich? Who knows maybe, not the point. Thats one of the reasons why I don't think it was stock, because of where he came out of. For everyone that doesn't think that I was on the gas, trust me I was and I couldn't shake him. I walked a 05 GTO, C5's all day long so the car isn't that slow. Not everyone will believe this but like some of the other posts say anything can happen on the street. Anyway so i guess getting spanked wasn't the correct way to put it. Basically he got behind me, we both took off and I couldn't pull on him. Other posts have read that Evos will get us off the line, but not top end. So if that is true then he couldn't have been stock. And for everyone saying get a cam and LTs that costs money I'm just glad to have the car right now. Reading some of the posts some people read way to into what is actually there. Bottom line the Evo was fast and now I need to start saving because I don't like that they can keep up.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Why say you hate EVO's? That is the part that sounded immature. Thats all.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

dont worry about the haters. have fun. enjoy it. there is a wrx (not even an sti) running around here that keeps up with me on the highway until he hits fifth while i am in forth then i walk. its better to give them props for doing so much with so lil.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Evos are not all that fast. Buddy of mine has an 06 I think. Whatever year has the leather recaros. Definately quick for what it is, but not near my SS, his is stock running 23 lbs boost, he has new BOV, and exhaust. Went from a 5mph roll, and lost him by several cars, both good drivers. I drove it and the power only comes from about 3-4.5 rpms, seems to slow down after that. Definately quick car, but imo nothing near a good LS1.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Why say you hate EVO's? That is the part that sounded immature. Thats all.
whats immature about that? i guess you're a psychologist or something
Old 10-21-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Actually I do have a degree in Psychology. When I read the introduction it just seemed immature to me thats all. No big deal. I do get his point though.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ArcAngel
Evos are not all that fast. Buddy of mine has an 06 I think. Whatever year has the leather recaros. Definately quick for what it is, but not near my SS, his is stock running 23 lbs boost, he has new BOV, and exhaust. Went from a 5mph roll, and lost him by several cars, both good drivers. I drove it and the power only comes from about 3-4.5 rpms, seems to slow down after that. Definately quick car, but imo nothing near a good LS1.

Ok I'll state the obvious...A BOV does nothing for power unless his stock valve was leaking. As for exhaust, for the best gains it has to be a turboback, not just a catback. So basically he's almost stock. If he were to add cams and a reflash or EMS, I can guarantee you would think different. LS1's are quick, but believe me it doesnt take much for an Evo to hang with or beat them, trust me
Old 10-21-2005, 05:54 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperliteSS
I walked a 05 GTO, C5's all day long so the car isn't that slow.
I know anythiing can and does happen on the street, so beating ONE GTO is fair deal, but claiming to walk Corvettes all day long in what is basically a stock powered Fbody is a little far fetched.

Where any of the C5's actually racing when you walked them?

I guess probably not

And why hate on the Evo? You don't have to like them, but if it was that fast then it deserves respect not hatred?