Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Emergency Help!!asap!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 10:36 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emergency Help!!asap!

Heres the deal.....
I got a speeding ticket in Texas early June..did the probation deal where you pay double and go on probation for 90 days. So I went back up to school mid august and my 3rd day there I got a ticket...i was like shhhhhhhhhhiitttt....well came court day I went up there and ended up paying double there to get it taken off my record except you dont go on probation. So that was that....now my parents are in town and I just signed a notarized letter saying i havent gotten a ticket within those 90 days, and the next sentence said...and have not committed a crime in the state of texas. So heres whats up...my dad got the letter notarized before hand cause the notary trusted him...so WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN? Is there ANYWAY the court in Texas will find this traffic violation I had in Kansas? My dads repuatation and his notaries job is on the line....they fly out tommorow so I either need a confirmed "yes ill be ok" or a "you need to tell your parents before they mail this letter to the court in TX." When a ticket is taken off your record like the court says...is it FULLY taken off with NO exceptions?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Teching In

crime=offense
Old 11-05-2005, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

You need to find out if their computer are linked like IL, IN, WI....if they are not linked you will be ok...if they are tell your parents.......
Old 11-05-2005, 10:41 AM
Teching In

How would I find that out?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jbvic15
...and have not committed a crime in the state of texas.
not a lawyer, but that might help you right there. Mabey a lawyer on here can verify that...
Old 11-05-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

To clarify....you were on 90 days probation in Texas for speeding & if caught speeding during those 90 days, you would be in violation of your probation. During that 90 day period, you received a speeding ticket in Kansas that was removed from your record.
I'm not a Lawyer. In my experience, when one receives an out of State ticket, it is reported to your home State. Assuming that Texas is your home state, then Kansas would have sent a record of the ticket to Texas if it were not removed from your record. Don't know the agreed to terms of the ticket being removed, but, could make the arguement if it were found, that because it was not a recorded event, it doesn't apply. Further, you did not commit a crime in the State of Texas as the ticket was issued in Kansas. I hate the use of the word crime, it was a ticket for God sakes. Would think that your probation was limited to Texas. As long as you were allowed to leave Texas, I would think you are ok.

If Texas really wants to know, they can easily find it. However, wouldn't expect them to waist the time looking Nationwide unless you have a criminal record.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You will be fine, to get off of probation you need to bring a copy of your drivers record printed the last day of, if no ticket shows up its cleared. I had probation for 6 months here in oklahoma where i recieved 3 tickets in that period, i just had my court dates posponed twice to after probation was over and i was fine. There is not interstate court system like that, just print of your drivers record to check
Old 11-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i did that i was on probation in SHELBY COUNTY TX ONLY. Find out WHERE you are on probation. If you dont get a ticket in the area you are on probation in you should be okay. Other than that...im foggy on the issue.