Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LT1 = 1 Crossfire = 0

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2005, 04:03 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Default LT1 = 1 Crossfire = 0

Ok... so i was cruising the local strip... last night (i dont have school for the rest of the week). This chrysler crossfire gets up next to me and keeps staring (im not looking, but my buddy in the passanger seat is).

I hear him drop and gear and he starts hitting the gas and letting off. THe speed limit on this road is 30 and i hate speeding. So i drop like two cars or so behind him, and put the car in 1st (its an auto, but the kickdown only kicks it down to 2nd) and romp on it and let it click second (putting me a car or two in front of him) then i get off it. I figured that would be enough to make him decide that he should just quit now.

But i thought wrong... now we were crusin next to this car in a empty part of the strip... but this is the place were i see people pulled over allllll the time. I told my buddy i didn't want to race him here, and he said "Just do it." I glanced over and seen the crossfire still in low gear trying to race. I thought to my self "****" and i drop it in first again and the second he hears my car rev up and rpms go to about 4 grand he stomps it. I mash the pedal immediatly and he gains nothing out of his little jump. The trans clicks second and it put the crossfire at my rear quarter panel.

I stopped right there because I don't have ANY tickets at all and i dont feel like getting one. The driver in the crossfire wouldn't look at me anymore.. haha

Not like a huge kill or anything. Though im sure in the quarter i could put a little distance between me and him. they are supposed to run a mid to high 14 im told... so yeah... guess it is about right.

I will have to say though... that car is a damn good looking car!

Cliff Notes: Brand new "off the lot" crossfire bugs me down the strip, and good ole 96 TA shows him why he shoulda bought a GM.

Last edited by Dragframe; 11-23-2005 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know they were that slow. Hmmm
Old 11-23-2005, 05:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pipelayaz
I didn't know they were that slow. Hmmm
Slow meaning the 14 second part, or slow that he was beaten by an LT1???
Old 11-23-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not sure how quick the old ones are, but watch out for the SRT-6; it's a beast.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:03 PM
12 Second Club

Those cars are pretty damn cool. My uncle works for Chrysler and he told me that that car is straight up Mercedes engineering. Similar to the SLK except a lot cheaper. He said corporate was pretty pissed that somehow slipped through.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Launching!

I think the SRT-6 Crossfires are rated at 345 (supercharged V6) from the factory and run low 13's. I saw a comparison between the SRT6, CTS-V( ) , and something else, but it was in CAR & DRIVER.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

CTS-V in the same comparison as the Crossfire? LMAO way to go Car and Driver way to compare two like vehicles yet again.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Yeah, thats what I said:

4 Door sedan Vs. 2 door sports car
Old 11-24-2005, 12:04 AM
TECH Regular

Lol, nice run...The Crossfire is slow. My coworker got one a while back and came up to me and said I can hang with your Evo now. I didnt want to hurt his feelings so I said cool Well a couple days later we ended up racing on the freeway (we go home the same way) needless to say i put a couple buslenghts on him. He didnt talk to me for a few days at work after that, Lol hes over it now

I seen something on a show one time too dont remember which one and they got a 13.9 out of the SRT-6 not impressive at all for the price.
Old 11-24-2005, 12:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

crossfire looks good in the front and like a duck's *** in the back
Old 11-24-2005, 01:25 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Quik Z06
Lol, nice run...The Crossfire is slow. My coworker got one a while back and came up to me and said I can hang with your Evo now. I didnt want to hurt his feelings so I said cool Well a couple days later we ended up racing on the freeway (we go home the same way) needless to say i put a couple buslenghts on him. He didnt talk to me for a few days at work after that, Lol hes over it now

I seen something on a show one time too dont remember which one and they got a 13.9 out of the SRT-6 not impressive at all for the price.
yeah.. i was thinking that the thing was going to tear me a new one. at 45 he was behind me and falling back pretty fast... so yeah... slow. \

EVO 8's kick ***. Also.. the SRT-4 and WRX STi's are awesome. But im huge into chevy and i love my friends 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged. Any of those I would love to have. But you just can't beat the v8 rumble.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My dad works at a Chrysler dealer and the guys in the shop call them Misfires. I sat in one a while back, and it is one tiny car. I'm almost 6'3" and I had trouble squeezing into the drivers seat. 45K for the SRT-6 is pretty pricey.....most reviews I've read on them have been lukewarm at best, and it seems like they finish at the bottom of most comparison tests.
Old 11-24-2005, 09:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy owns one and let me drive it , not bad if your not a speed demon but I would NEVER own a Chrsyler product.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:11 PM
Banned

Those cars run the big end very well!