Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

96' Trans Am Ws6 Vs 2000 5.9 Dodge Magnum Truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005 | 03:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default 96' Trans Am Ws6 Vs 2000 5.9 Dodge Magnum Truck

So i was coming home from work on the highway just going about 70, and i came across a few V6 camaros and such nothing interesting then this Magnum truck with the 5.9L engine totally cuts me off out of no where, keeping my cool i try to go around him so he doesn't hit my car (jackass), and then he just speeds up and takes off and i'm like WTF, then i was like alright time to smack a bitch. I speed up and were side by side 95+ and he is weaving in and out of traffic like AN IDIOT trying to show my car up so i backed off when he almost jacked a mini van. He slowed down and waited for me again....i was in the fast lane and he was in the next lane over, i pulled up next to him only doing about 70 and flip him the peace sign, slam it into 3rd and SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAAAA! punk *** didn't have a chance. I don't know what he was thinkin. I know they are quite powerful trucks but he was way over his head and he was driving like a pure idiot. Could of killed someone. Oh well. Showed HIM up.

~josh
Old 12-20-2005 | 04:16 PM
TECH Fanatic
10 Year Member

Awsome! I can't tell you how many time's I've had a vehicle come swooping down on me out of nowhere just so they can cut me off. I even had some guy in a saturn swerve into my lane and try to run me into a sidewalk once because I wouldnt race.
[Saturn ION, are you kidding me?] I passed him and pulled in front and hit the breaks to stop him, but he was able to back up faster then my feet could run.
Anyway, I'm glad you burned him, and i'm sure your going to get a few responses from your your story.
Old 12-21-2005 | 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

I'm going to guess that it was a dakota with the 5.9L magnum engine in it. If so, then those trucks only get in the 15's and I've seen one get in the 16's at the track, so they're not very much of a challenge for our cars. I've had a somewhat similar situation to this too, but it involved at mercedes which wasn't that fast. I just let that idiot go eventhough he apparently thought that he was racing with me.
Old 12-21-2005 | 01:33 AM
11 Second Club
10 Year Member20 Year Member

Originally Posted by BlackBirdWs6Zzz
So i was coming home from work on the highway just going about 70, and i came across a few V6 camaros and such nothing interesting then this Magnum truck with the 5.9L engine totally cuts me off out of no where, keeping my cool i try to go around him so he doesn't hit my car (jackass), and then he just speeds up and takes off and i'm like WTF, then i was like alright time to smack a bitch. I speed up and were side by side 95+ and he is weaving in and out of traffic like AN IDIOT trying to show my car up so i backed off when he almost jacked a mini van. He slowed down and waited for me again....i was in the fast lane and he was in the next lane over, i pulled up next to him only doing about 70 and flip him the peace sign, slam it into 3rd and SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAAAA! punk *** didn't have a chance. I don't know what he was thinkin. I know they are quite powerful trucks but he was way over his head and he was driving like a pure idiot. Could of killed someone. Oh well. Showed HIM up.

~josh
Sorry to hear about your luck,sounds like a real idiot.

BUT,i warn you! if your in the Grand Rapids area and see a Black Dodge Ram 2wd that's lowered and Very LOUD,i would not try your luck thinking it is going to be a easy kill.
There is a guy(used to be friends)that put in a cam,ported the heads,headers,good dual exhaust set-up,super charger AND a wet shot(125).
Other things too like a posi,stall convertor and ignition etc...
I personally watched that big heavy pig run 11.9's at 120 mph.
That's haulin for a truck IMHO.

Dave
Old 12-21-2005 | 09:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
Sorry to hear about your luck,sounds like a real idiot.

BUT,i warn you! if your in the Grand Rapids area and see a Black Dodge Ram 2wd that's lowered and Very LOUD,i would not try your luck thinking it is going to be a easy kill.
There is a guy(used to be friends)that put in a cam,ported the heads,headers,good dual exhaust set-up,super charger AND a wet shot(125).
Other things too like a posi,stall convertor and ignition etc...
I personally watched that big heavy pig run 11.9's at 120 mph.
That's haulin for a truck IMHO.

Dave
Wow....that was alot of mods to only get an 11.9(cam/heads/boltons and two power adders.... ) Just makes me so much happier I'm a bowtie man.

Almost forgot....if that thing would have had a HEMI in it......you would have been TOASTED!!!
Old 12-21-2005 | 11:44 AM
11 Second Club

I would rather have a bowtie too, man.
That Dodge should have exploded a long time ago,but it stayed together for longer than we were friends(lol) Guy got bent out of shape evertime he lost to my SS.(Punk Bitch)
H/C, power adder on the LS(x) trucks could get into the 11's(only 1 power adder)
Old 12-26-2005 | 05:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a 96 ZR2 with the 4.3 HO, every bolt on possible and 4.10 gears. A friend of mine has a 99 ram with the 5.9, intake and exhaust and I can pull away from him. So I woudln't go as far to say that those trucks are that fast
Old 12-26-2005 | 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sounds like a nice kill, I still think they look pretty good though.
Old 12-26-2005 | 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JimsWS6
I have a 96 ZR2 with the 4.3 HO, every bolt on possible and 4.10 gears. A friend of mine has a 99 ram with the 5.9, intake and exhaust and I can pull away from him. So I woudln't go as far to say that those trucks are that fast
They're not that fast,i know of 1 that ran 16.0's stock and 15.5's with Flowmasters with a decent dual exhaust system.

Not that fast at all.
My new at the time 95 GTP Grand Prix ran 15.5's dead stock.
But,like any vehicle out there,can be made fast.

Dave
Old 12-27-2005 | 04:19 PM
Teching In

Go check out www.dodgetrucks.org sometime. A few guys took the Dakota with the 5.9 and S/C them. I've seen a few over 400rwhp.

In any case nice kill on the tard..
Old 12-28-2005 | 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by redsscamaroboy
I would rather have a bowtie too, man.
That Dodge should have exploded a long time ago,but it stayed together for longer than we were friends(lol) Guy got bent out of shape evertime he lost to my SS.(Punk Bitch)
H/C, power adder on the LS(x) trucks could get into the 11's(only 1 power adder)
I went 12.50 on motor....even though it wasn't the original motor. I haven't had a chance to hit the 1/4 with the spray, but I did get a 7.40 at the 1/8th track. Should be dancing somewhere in the 11s. These trucks take well to mods...no doubt.
Old 01-03-2006 | 04:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

word!!