Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

LS1 T/A Didn't Want None!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2005, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS1 T/A Didn't Want None!!

So last night i was driving up to my uncle's house in the poconos in his '03 M3. Shortly after we left my house a red T/A passed me in the left lane. Now he wasnt really flaunting anything, but it seemed as if he had an aftermarket catback just by the look of the tips. They were dual/duals but they looked different than the stock ones (I think). So my uncle who was sittin in the passenger seat said 'oh well you GOTTA play with him!' I get on it slightly and fly by him doing about 80 or 90...but he doesnt bite. I slow back down to maybe 60 and he just keeps drives normally.

Don't know what was up, i mean shortly there afterwards the M3's built in radar started going crazy so perhaps if he had a better radar detecter he thought a cop was up ahead. Don't know why he wouldnt play?!?!? Maybe he was scared!!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

not necessarily some ppl just won take a chance on the street....
Old 12-25-2005, 06:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes I even back down even if i know it would be a good run. Maybe he wasnt in the mood for it, maybe he already had 2 pnts. on his license...endless possibilities...
Old 12-25-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably would've smoked your *** anyway.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

If you rolled up on me in your M3, I would have handed you your *** then gave you a thumbs up and went about my day!

He probably new the cop was up ahead........then again, maybe he was a *****!.......or had a 400 plus CI stoker with a 300 direct port nitrous system and new the race would be a waste of his time!!
Old 12-25-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you were a waste of gas for him.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Sure a modded LS1 could take a near stock M3 but i mean it seemed pretty stock to me. A stock vs. stock race would have been very close i would think.

The only mod that the M3 has is an exhaust.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

I beat an 04 M3 several months ago in my 02 WS6, at the time the only mods I had was an exhaust and a lid. We went to about 110 and I had at least a car length on him. Don't know what mods he had.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:47 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by AMack
Sure a modded LS1 could take a near stock M3 but i mean it seemed pretty stock to me. A stock vs. stock race would have been very close i would think.

The only mod that the M3 has is an exhaust.

It would have been fun win or lose..........thats for sure!
Old 12-25-2005, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive not raced when someone was trying to get me too. Doesnt mean I was "scared" or wouldnt have stomped their ***, which I would have.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

So he didn't want to race, big deal.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:06 PM
Launching!

nice ricer flyby

jk man
Old 12-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Teching In

Wow, great kill. You sure did show that trans am, he was probably really scared. How dare he not race you! Next you should go find an old lady driving a Vette and show her up, too.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by FSTLS1
Wow, great kill. You sure did show that trans am, he was probably really scared. How dare he not race you! Next you should go find an old lady driving a Vette and show her up, too.

Way to be a dick about things.

Maybe you could pull your head out of your *** for a second to realize that i was trying to see if the guy was on this board. Stop acting like i'm driving a ****in Civic for a second and realize i'm a regular muscle car guy whose own car would get smoked by LS1's, so when i get the rare chance to have a competitive race with one i wonder why he doesnt want to go.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:02 AM
Launching!

Way to be a dick about things.

Maybe you could pull your head out of your *** for a second to realize that i was trying to see if the guy was on this board. Stop acting like i'm driving a ****in Civic for a second and realize i'm a regular muscle car guy whose own car would get smoked by LS1's, so when i get the rare chance to have a competitive race with one i wonder why he doesnt want to go.
you seem like an ok guy, but you gotta admit, that first post was a little cocky. what with thinking he was scared, then your radar going off shortly after. idk, maybe he just wasn't in a racing mood, a concept that still baffles my mind.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:06 AM
TECH Veteran

So last night i was driving up to my uncle's house in the poconos in his '03 M3. Shortly after we left my house a red T/A passed me in the left lane. Now he wasnt really flaunting anything, but it seemed as if he had an aftermarket catback just by the look of the tips. They were dual/duals but they looked different than the stock ones (I think). So my uncle who was sittin in the passenger seat said 'oh well you GOTTA play with him!' I get on it slightly and fly by him doing about 80 or 90...but he doesnt bite. I slow back down to maybe 60 and he just keeps drives normally.

Don't know what was up, i mean shortly there afterwards the M3's built in radar started going crazy so perhaps if he had a better radar detecter he thought a cop was up ahead. Don't know why he wouldnt play?!?!? Maybe he was scared!!
When I get the fly-by thing I just keep cruising and roll on down the road, but if someone has the "tomatoes" to do it right, and pull up bumper-to-bumper and toss me a rev, then they have a race

Line it up even next time and see if they bite, if they're "game" for a run they'll do it, if not, than they are truly not interested or scared, or as said earlier, they just don't street race which is perfectly cool too.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Yea...i forgot to mention that there didn't appear to be a cop anywhere when the radar detecter was going crazy. So if this guy did have a radar detecter, and he was picking up the same radar (From whereever it was truely coming from) that i was...i can see him not wanting to get a ticket.

Sorry if i offended anyone about the whole LS1 being scared thing. Stock for stock i think it would have been a very close race, and like i said, i dont get the opportunity to have a competetive shot at an LS1 very often so when i did i was pretty bummed that my man in the red TA didnt take the bait.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Yea...i forgot to mention that there didn't appear to be a cop anywhere when the radar detecter was going crazy. So if this guy did have a radar detecter, and he was picking up the same radar (From whereever it was truely coming from) that i was...i can see him not wanting to get a ticket.

Sorry if i offended anyone about the whole LS1 being scared thing. Stock for stock i think it would have been a very close race, and like i said, i dont get the opportunity to have a competetive shot at an LS1 very often so when i did i was pretty bummed that my man in the red TA didnt take the bait.
M3's are great cars, period, and when my car was stock I ran a few of them and they're simply.....performance machines. Always pulled them, by not by a huge amount. Most likely the T/A's radar was scream'in at him.

Old 12-26-2005, 12:22 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry dude, but I hate the "the guy didn't wanna race, he's a *****!!" posts.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

you wanna know why he wouldn't race you? frankly you arn't worth the gas.