Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2006 | 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

back to the subject of rice...no one in an evo should ever have to defned their car as rice. I think the evo is a great car and that guy was an ignorant jackass.
Old 01-16-2006 | 01:45 AM
12 Second Club

the term rice should be reserved for honda's or honda type (neon focus's etc) sti's evo's, supra's rx-7's are just a different type for sports car, yea they arent v-8's but they still can give you a damn good run
Old 01-16-2006 | 10:03 AM
Launching!

There is a kit in the Ford Racing Cataloge for a full on badass 5.0 4-cam motor in a Focus without firewall hacking. And its a RWD setup. The Focus chassis was designed (IMHO) with at least the possibility of going AWD someday, so there is actually plenty of room for a driveshaft and rear diff. Then again, a 5.0 Cammer is 15Gs and the kit is about that much again AFAIK. Not really worth it unless you just gotta have the best Focus ever.

US spec Focuses are a joke plain and simple. The Brits get some good ones, like the 212hp turbo RS and the new 5 cylinder turbo one, but thats it. And the Evo will still hand either of them their asses in peices.
Old 01-16-2006 | 10:31 AM
Teching In

Who says you can't fit a DOHC Mod motor in a Focus? It's not a Cobra motor, it's a 5.0L DOHC "Cammer" crate motor, but it's basically the same external dimensions.

Old 01-16-2006 | 08:00 PM
Launching!

^Ha! I beat you too it J/K

That is pretty badass. That motor makes about 440 stock. In a RWD sub 3000 lb Focus thats going to be an interesting ride.

Side note: WTF is that motor not in a Mach 1 level Mustang yet? Its the perfect Mach 1 motor in their line up.
Old 01-16-2006 | 09:03 PM
Teching In

The guys who got me into cars were, respectively: a guy driving a 97 Mitsu GSX (well over 300 hp) & 99 VR-4 (same). For whatever reason, I consider rice to be a car that wants to look fast without the *****...which is most Hondas, but not all. I'm cautious - I've treated vehicles with little or no respect and been defeated, largely because of overconfidence.

Anyone who calls an Evo rice is either ignorant or just foolishly lacking respect for a car that handles great and is real zippy.
Old 01-16-2006 | 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

RICERS i just got called a ***** by a guy in a GSX because i wouldn't run him in between the cars right behind us and the cars that were about 20ft in front of us. this is after he almost rear ended about 3 cars while trying to show off next to me. by the way this is on a 35mph street filled with cops. if only he was close enough for me to smack him. if only i had the room to give him a lesson in humility.
Old 01-16-2006 | 09:58 PM
12 Second Club

I'm starting to think Domestic owners are more the "ricers" than import drivers. There is a difference between rice and compact performance cars. I like srt-4s, WRX STi's, EVO's, supras, 3000gt's, etc. I just can't stand cavalier's with a giant fart can and altezzas.
Old 01-17-2006 | 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRMach1
Who says you can't fit a DOHC Mod motor in a Focus? It's not a Cobra motor, it's a 5.0L DOHC "Cammer" crate motor, but it's basically the same external dimensions.

Damn, i stand corrected.

i wonder if there is any way to fit a kenne bell under there some how?
Old 01-17-2006 | 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by kyle91z28
I'm starting to think Domestic owners are more the "ricers" than import drivers. There is a difference between rice and compact performance cars. I like srt-4s, WRX STi's, EVO's, supras, 3000gt's, etc. I just can't stand cavalier's with a giant fart can and altezzas.
true, i've seen my fair share of z's with alteeza's, neon underglow (green z with purple lights?), dragon decals and my favorite chrome spinners
Old 01-17-2006 | 10:18 PM
Teching In

Ricers are just cocky people, I've noticed that the mustang is becoming more and more the american rice "idol". I don't like evos or stis or civics or whatever because they just appear to be poorly built, out of aluminum and stuff, take the s2000 and the miata for example those are just deathboxes, they require forced induction to keep up with any cars with large displacement (and that are usually heavier as well). Granted you can make a good deal of power on those motors, more than required for street use but whatever people like it, and the engineering is very well done as well. I have opened up to them more, but of course I am biased so whatever. Also in your defense I do like seeing the cocky person put in his place, gj.
Old 01-17-2006 | 10:59 PM
11 Second Club

In Muscle Mustangs, there was a picture of an 03 Cobra DOHC swap w/ twin turbos in a Focus. The foglights were removed and that was where the inlets for the turbos were.
Old 01-17-2006 | 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LittleSneak1
I don't like evos or stis or civics or whatever because they just appear to be poorly built
The Honda boys ain't gonna like this^
Old 01-21-2006 | 08:29 PM
Teching In

Just outta curiosity how many people would consider my 97 Supra tt 6spd bpu+++ ricer ?
It does have requisite fart can tailpipe and factory wing but no bling

Last edited by supratool; 01-21-2006 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-21-2006 | 08:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by supratool
Just outta curiosity how many people would consider my 97 Supra tt 6spd bp+++ ricer ?
It does have requisite fart can tailpipe and factory wing but no bling
Not too many. The big mufflers I always see on supras kinda push me away from it, but thats life. The wing on supra's I dont mind. They flow really nice with the car. But when I see a supra wing on something else, that pisses me off.
Old 01-21-2006 | 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

I don't call Evo's rice, I just call them ugly as HELL!!
Old 01-22-2006 | 09:35 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LittleSneak1
Ricers are just cocky people, I've noticed that the mustang is becoming more and more the american rice "idol". I don't like evos or stis or civics or whatever because they just appear to be poorly built, out of aluminum and stuff, take the s2000 and the miata for example those are just deathboxes, they require forced induction to keep up with any cars with large displacement (and that are usually heavier as well). Granted you can make a good deal of power on those motors, more than required for street use but whatever people like it, and the engineering is very well done as well. I have opened up to them more, but of course I am biased so whatever. Also in your defense I do like seeing the cocky person put in his place, gj.

Please don't be so ignorant about import cars.

"take the s2000 and the miata for example those are just deathboxes"
Thats why the s2000 has 5 star front, side, rear, AND rollover protection

"they require forced induction to keep up with any cars with large displacement (and that are usually heavier as well). "

Any s2000 with a decent driver can beat a mustang GT with its big v8. It takes a mustang cobra that is SUPERCHARGED to win so it seems it isn't only the s2k that "needs FI to win races."

NOTE: I am just using mustangs as an example due to them usually being the american icon. I'm also not including vettes, vipers, ford GTs and what because they are not nearly in the same price range as being discussed.

There will always be ricers whether it be ricers driving domestics (I think of the guy with the "Mustang GT-R" that has a turboed rortary engine ) and the god awful amount of ugly riced out civics that have fake boost guages and fake NOS tanks in the back.

Last edited by s2kkid; 01-22-2006 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-22-2006 | 10:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s2kkid
Any s2000 with a decent driver can beat a mustang GT with its big v8. It takes a mustang cobra that is SUPERCHARGED to win so it seems it isn't only the s2k that "needs FI to win races."
You make it sound like any s2000 could be a 4.6gt no problem, which is not the case. And it doesnt take a supercharged mustang to beat an s2k, it takes said car to rape an s2k, stock.
Old 01-22-2006 | 10:53 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
You make it sound like any s2000 could be a 4.6gt no problem, which is not the case. And it doesnt take a supercharged mustang to beat an s2k, it takes said car to rape an s2k, stock.

Notice how I said "Any s2000 with a decent driver can beat a mustang GT with its big v8"

Obviously it will not always be the case and I am simply refering to stock vs stock because any car with money into it can be fast so it is not a fair comparison.

"And it doesnt take a supercharged mustang to beat an s2k, it takes said car to rape an s2k, stock"

from www.ford.com it sure does. If you get into modifications then obviously this does not hold true but I could start talking about a 900 HP civic vs a stock mustang GT...
Old 01-22-2006 | 11:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by s2kkid

Notice how I said "Any s2000 with a decent driver can beat a mustang GT with its big v8"
That's the same as saying a camry can beat a mustang provided it has a better driver. We're internet racing here people, it's impossible to equate driver ability like a horsepower number.