Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006 | 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn this chaged directions real quick......
Old 01-27-2006 | 02:41 PM
TECH Resident

ya! it did change quick! where did the hatred go? cmon... i feel its presence... let the hatred FLOW through you....
Old 01-27-2006 | 02:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sparetire
The "which is cheaper" argument and "which is easier" argument get pretty complex and pointless.
Agreed. Sometimes you have to let the ignorant be that way. Most people who are that biased will find anyway to make there side of the argument look better even if it doesnt make sense.

As far as the 03-04 Cobra motor in a Focus check this out.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ra+focus+motor

As far as the lame guy in the focus I would have had a hard time just letting him walk like that.

Last edited by boostedinaz; 01-27-2006 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2006 | 04:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by supratool
GMmexican, If you read my thread right,you would know that I didn't call you a racist.I was refering to a ricer terminology that we all carelessly throw out whenever we see Japanese performance cars. How would you like it if a stranger calls your ride a beaner, I'm assuming here that you are Mexican / American by lookin at your user name but hey you might be a Brotha, Asian ,hell you might be from planet Uranus pretending to be a Mexican. I digress, but I know if I was an Mexican and somebody called my pride and joy of a ride a beaner It would be an insult to me , my ride and my heritage. Am I being too culturely sensitive ? Damn I knew I shouldn't been paying too much attention in cultural sensitive training at work I wasted valuable nap time.
Anyway by your response it seems that you do not have any respect for imports regardless of their performance potential .That might be partially my fault , Evo and Sti's are still in production and they are kind of pricy compared to f body cars . How about a 240 sx with a skyline powerplant ? You could pick up a 240 for less than 1K bucks in most cases ,pick up a rb26dett engine for another 3K, buy an ebay single turbo manifold for couple hundred ,and 1K for a Turbo,1K for a fuel system and 2K for electronics and you got a recipe for 600+ rwhp arund 8k. That is if you do the the work yourself. Here's another option that combines both worlds , Datsun 240z with a Ls transplant. I would guess this might be little more spendy .How about a older Mk3 Supras , pick one up for around 1K stick a 1jz for $1500 or stick a 2jz for 3Kand supporting mods for around 5k and for less than 10k you would have an badass sleeper Supra w / 800+ rwhp potential but hey I'm wasting my breath and info because there is no way a puny 4 cylinder or anemic 6 cylinder can keep up with all mighty pushrod V8 and no way a little yellow man could build a performance car like good ol Americans and Europeans right ??
There are way too many closed minded people on both side of the fence , **** those ******** in the import scene who don't and can't respect the power and performance of pushrod's ( Have they seen what a stock z06 is capable of ???)and the dumbasses in the domestic scene thinking that their **** can't be touched . Have they seen several street Supra's pushing 1500 + rwhp and running 7's and 8's with IRS , yea they're slow outta dig .
I belong to several forums including ,viperalley ,supraforums and here. Why? I love high performance cars and I want to be well informed. My preference / requirement is that it has to be a rear wheel drive or AWD. I own a 97 Supra tt bpu+++ and a lot of supraforum members embarrass and irritate the **** outta me with their ignorance and arrogance and I'll tell you there are ignorance everywhere like a plague . If we could tear down the fence and see and apperciate what other people's POV and stop being a ******* elitist because you know what, there's always somebody faster. Don't hate ,apperciate and LEARN. But then again what the **** do I know I'm just eh stupid ricer driving turbo rice with race I mean rice fuel.
Oh by the way GMmexican I grew up in San Jose and I miss it there, except all that traffic!!

regards, Will
How about a 240 with a 2jze ? I have pics
Old 01-27-2006 | 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Post 'em up!
Old 01-27-2006 | 11:13 PM
Teching In

^^^^What he said^^^^

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
ya! it did change quick! where did the hatred go? cmon... i feel its presence... let the hatred FLOW through you....
UnZFeat'd ,easy there you hatemonger , just take another bong ripper and chill. Don't let me go educated gangsta wannabe and busta Phi Beta Cappa your ***.By the way UnZFeat'd, I would post some pics if I knew how or If I could put the bong down long enough, all I've got is some analog pics and my printer/scanner combo is fucked up so I can't upload to my computer But allow me to describe it, it has wheels and tires j/k It 's a black 97 tt 6spd ,list of mods :
HKS intake, ssq bov, Tanabe dp , Greddy pe catback ,AEM EMS standalone ,Trust (not Greddy)fmic,os giken twin disc w/ ltwt flywheel, Cusco strut tower brace bars frt & rear , Good year F1 racing slicks for the rear dynoed over 420 to near 500 rwhp depending on fuel (pump or racing ) and boost , around 18 lbs is what I usally run and somethings that I won't list uust in case I run into other forum members . I will be doing more extensive upgrades later this year . Mabe 1000 rwhp 15 second meek monster.

Last edited by supratool; 01-27-2006 at 11:47 PM.
Old 01-28-2006 | 10:18 AM
TECH Resident

i like subaru's more the sti version not the slow wrx that every teenager bies, i think the evo is faster though
Old 01-28-2006 | 01:38 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by supratool
^^^^What he said^^^^

UnZFeat'd ,easy there you hatemonger , just take another bong ripper and chill. Don't let me go educated gangsta wannabe and busta Phi Beta Cappa your ***.By the way UnZFeat'd, I would post some pics if I knew how or If I could put the bong down long enough, all I've got is some analog pics and my printer/scanner combo is fucked up so I can't upload to my computer But allow me to describe it, it has wheels and tires j/k It 's a black 97 tt 6spd ,list of mods :
HKS intake, ssq bov, Tanabe dp , Greddy pe catback ,AEM EMS standalone ,Trust (not Greddy)fmic,os giken twin disc w/ ltwt flywheel, Cusco strut tower brace bars frt & rear , Good year F1 racing slicks for the rear dynoed over 420 to near 500 rwhp depending on fuel (pump or racing ) and boost , around 18 lbs is what I usally run and somethings that I won't list uust in case I run into other forum members . I will be doing more extensive upgrades later this year . Mabe 1000 rwhp 15 second meek monster.
haha, im not that much of a hate monger... i just couldnt resist using a star wars refference... i went to bed stoned the night before and i woke up and star wars episode 3 was playing HELLA LOUD on my tv in my room. i didnt even know i had put it in there, but i enjoyed it nonetheless... damn shame you cant post some pics up man! supras are a hell of a car... i almost bought one instead of the SS i have now. its one of the only japanese cars i would consider. no offense of course... its just not my thing most of the time, ya know?
Old 01-28-2006 | 05:06 PM
Teching In

B.S. ,You were watching **** and got busted ( I didn't realize they had star wars version ) - I was opposite as far as car choices . I had a hard time finding a decent Supra so I considered Viper, Vette, SS and WS6 , notice all the cars are rwd domestics with high hp potential.
Old 01-28-2006 | 10:34 PM
Launching!

To me "rice" = 4 banger for the most part. "Ricers" are generally defined by their cocky attitude, but with that definition I know some f-bod owners who would be ricers. "Rice" is an import, and I like many of them (300zx, Supra, VR4, Evo etc....) I dont use "rice" as an insult, I just call those guys ****. But on a different note, Focus' are some of the ugliest cars ever made, and Evo's are awesome.
Old 02-03-2006 | 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

i think we can all agree to disagree
Old 02-07-2006 | 12:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is the 240 with the 2jz ... sorry it took so long.
Old 02-07-2006 | 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

that car has got to runs it;s *** of cnsidering it's prob 700 lbs lighter than the supra
Old 02-07-2006 | 12:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Juiced
that car has got to runs it;s *** of cnsidering it's prob 700 lbs lighter than the supra
yeah it something ridiculous like 2700 or 2900 pounds. I forget exactly what it dynoed but it was upwards of about 650 and 650 ... maybe nick will chime in he knows the specs.
Old 02-08-2006 | 11:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

wow i thought i would get more responses thanthat i thought it was a pretty cool swap myself. We had a lot of hours and sleepless nights into it
Old 02-09-2006 | 12:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ls1_doc
wow i thought i would get more responses thanthat i thought it was a pretty cool swap myself. We had a lot of hours and sleepless nights into it
F'king awesome ,great job on a conversion 2jzgte w/single turbo upgrade,post some spec's....How much rwhp ? rwtq ? weight of car ,etc....This is thse first 2jz I've seen in a 240sx, uniquely and refreshingly different. I hope all your effort will payoff with an incredible performance.
Old 02-09-2006 | 06:31 PM
Teching In

I think that we all should take on world crisises becasue we've coverd what a ricer is to racism and now 2jz w/ single turbo whats next guy abortion maybe gobal warming?
Old 02-10-2006 | 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nah i doubt it =P