Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Ricers

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2006 | 11:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CrabhartLS1
That's the same as saying a camry can beat a mustang provided it has a better driver. We're internet racing here people, it's impossible to equate driver ability like a horsepower number.
Ok that is true and I see your point. When I mean a decent driver I am referring to the s2k but as well as the GT because yes any car with a crap driver will obviously loose.

I should have said more clearly stock vs stock with equal drivers both knowing how to drive their cars
Old 01-23-2006 | 12:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by s2kkid
Please don't be so ignorant about import cars.

Any s2000 with a decent driver can beat a mustang GT with its big v8. It takes a mustang cobra that is SUPERCHARGED to win so it seems it isn't only the s2k that "needs FI to win races."

There will always be ricers whether it be ricers driving domestics (I think of the guy with the "Mustang GT-R" that has a turboed rortary engine ) and the god awful amount of ugly riced out civics that have fake boost guages and fake NOS tanks in the back.
i wouldnt call the mustang gt's stock motor "a big v-8" ,i think the main point is that it costs more money to make a 4 cylinder fast than a v-8, common sense..........if you want to build a 500+hp car why would you start off with one that can barly make 200?????

Many of the guys consider the whole import scene a big over rated trend thats why its not taken serisouly by hot rodders that have been racing in this country even when mitsubishi was still making fighter planes for the japanese empire, american v-8's are timeless and proven!!
Old 01-23-2006 | 01:40 AM
Teching In

I think it would depend on the type of racing you are refering to , come on s2Kkid you would probally rape a Mustang GT in a road course but in turn you would have a very hard time beating a GT in a street light to street light race due to lack of torque, you might have a chance in 1/4 mile race, but actual street race will be tough.GMmexican s2000 has a 240 hp motor stock (correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)and the engine is mounted behind the front axle so I think it might be technically considered a mid- engine car (Again correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)It is well balanced and must have a phenominal handling.GMmexican have you seen the power output of many modified 4 cylinder factory turbocharged car's. Any vehicle that comes with a FI from factory are tuner friendly and therfore very easy to modify since they come equipped with forged internals all you have to do is improve the breathing and turn up the boost, and if you want serious power, upgrade the turbo and the fuel system . There are several sti's and evo's pushing well over 500 +rw hp with stock internal's and many Supra's pushing well over !000 rwhp with stock internal's as well as many Mustang Cobra's pushing high digit hp's it's not just displacement but technology as well to make power don't be closed minded if the car is a performer regardles of how it acheived it, you got to respect it.We all spend our hard earned money ,time and sweat into our particular passions and dissin somebody because he/she don't follow your concept of a performance car is just plain wrong.
I don't care for a ricer terminalogy it almost sounds racist , I mean do we call a domestic a cracker, what if an asian was driving it do we call it a rice cracker , he's driving a lasagna I mean a Fiat . Its an sorry excuse for all of us to easily lump particular people due to their differnces from us and I feel sorry for all the ignorant ***** who hides their racist beliefs under the guise of flag waving patriotism.
There's my 03cents
Old 01-23-2006 | 09:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by supratool
I think it would depend on the type of racing you are refering to , come on s2Kkid you would probally rape a Mustang GT in a road course but in turn you would have a very hard time beating a GT in a street light to street light race due to lack of torque, you might have a chance in 1/4 mile race, but actual street race will be tough.GMmexican s2000 has a 240 hp motor stock (correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)and the engine is mounted behind the front axle so I think it might be technically considered a mid- engine car (Again correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)It is well balanced and must have a phenominal handling.GMmexican have you seen the power output of many modified 4 cylinder factory turbocharged car's. Any vehicle that comes with a FI from factory are tuner friendly and therfore very easy to modify since they come equipped with forged internals all you have to do is improve the breathing and turn up the boost, and if you want serious power, upgrade the turbo and the fuel system . There are several sti's and evo's pushing well over 500 +rw hp with stock internal's and many Supra's pushing well over !000 rwhp with stock internal's as well as many Mustang Cobra's pushing high digit hp's it's not just displacement but technology as well to make power don't be closed minded if the car is a performer regardles of how it acheived it, you got to respect it.We all spend our hard earned money ,time and sweat into our particular passions and dissin somebody because he/she don't follow your concept of a performance car is just plain wrong.
I don't care for a ricer terminalogy it almost sounds racist , I mean do we call a domestic a cracker, what if an asian was driving it do we call it a rice cracker , he's driving a lasagna I mean a Fiat . Its an sorry excuse for all of us to easily lump particular people due to their differnces from us and I feel sorry for all the ignorant ***** who hides their racist beliefs under the guise of flag waving patriotism.
There's my 03cents

"you might have a chance in 1/4 mile race, but actual street race will be tough"

In street races anything can happen -- I'm just refering to probability

"GMmexican s2000 has a 240 hp motor stock (correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)and the engine is mounted behind the front axle so I think it might be technically considered a mid- engine car (Again correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)It is well balanced and must have a phenominal handling"

Aye, the car is techinally a MR car not a FR and yes it has a 50-50 weight balance.

"technology as well to make power don't be closed minded if the car is a performer regardles of how it acheived it, you got to respect it."

I'm not saying I don't have respect for it. Please, I would kill for a supercharged mustang cobra. Those SCs sound sooooo good and coupled with a exhaust the sound is exilerating. I was just simply making a comparison for a rather ignorant comment by one of the posters and by no means am I trying to talk down on the mustang. I have many friends with them and I can't get enough of the exhaust notes of them without the cats on

"he's driving a lasagna I mean a Fiat"

@GMmexican

"i wouldnt call the mustang gt's stock motor "a big v-8"

I'm just trying to find a comparison in the same price category as the s2k. Obviously it isn't BIG but a 4.6L is pretty big, just not like a 8.3L v10 Viper.

"Many of the guys consider the whole import scene a big over rated trend thats why its not taken serisouly by hot rodders that have been racing in this country even when mitsubishi was still making fighter planes for the japanese empire, american v-8's are timeless and proven!!"

We can have fast and the furious to thank for this lack of respect now-a-days; that movie series completly ruined the import scene because now we see all of the ricers that are all show and no go.
Old 01-23-2006 | 10:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think it would depend on the type of racing you are refering to , come on s2Kkid you would probally rape a Mustang GT in a road course but in turn you would have a very hard time beating a GT in a street light to street light race due to lack of torque, you might have a chance in 1/4 mile race, but actual street race will be tough
dude didnt the corvette c6r win the last le mans and wasnt the last drifting D1 championship won by a gto with a viper coming in second and a mustang in third????.............all im saying is that its cheaper and easier to go faster with an american v-8,GM pushrod technology has already proven itself time and time again an american v-8 can do it better, unless you have the money to spend and want to gut your honda/engine swap/turbo/intercooler,header/exhaust/tranny/suspension which in the end would be more expensive than a heads and cam camaro that would be faster.

.GMmexican s2000 has a 240 hp motor stock (correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)and the engine is mounted behind the front axle so I think it might be technically considered a mid- engine car (Again correct me if I'm wrong s2KKid)It is well balanced and must have a phenominal handling.GMmexican have you seen the power output of many modified 4 cylinder factory turbocharged car's. Any vehicle that comes with a FI from factory are tuner friendly and therfore very easy to modify since they come equipped with forged internals all you have to do is improve the breathing and turn up the boost, and if you want serious power, upgrade the turbo and the fuel system . There are several sti's and evo's pushing well over 500 +rw hp with stock internal's and many Supra's pushing well over !000 rwhp with stock internal's as well as many Mustang Cobra's pushing high digit hp's it's not just displacement but technology as well to make power don't be closed minded if the car is a performer regardles of how it acheived it, you got to respect it.We all spend our hard earned money ,time and sweat into our particular passions and dissin somebody because he/she don't follow your concept of a performance car is just plain wrong.
There's my 03cents
yeah lets see a suburau sti alone is over $35,000 and thats not counting the mods.........and have you ever seen how expensive some of those top end greddy turbo kits are for ur car? thats about the price you pay for a whole race prepped ls-1!!!!!!!!!!.............im not racist i think ricers are more close minded than anyone just go post on a ricer board and they'll tell u things like "gm's breakdown alot" when none of them have ever even owned one being mexican GM are more part of our culture than anything first generation mexicans have been modding and restoring old impalas as far as i remeber so dont start with that u have to be a cracker to drive a muscle car bs, my point is our cars are fast without spending as much money!!!
Old 01-24-2006 | 12:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
dude didnt the corvette c6r win the last le mans and wasnt the last drifting D1 championship won by a gto with a viper coming in second and a mustang in third????.............all im saying is that its cheaper and easier to go faster with an american v-8,GM pushrod technology has already proven itself time and time again an american v-8 can do it better, unless you have the money to spend and want to gut your honda/engine swap/turbo/intercooler,header/exhaust/tranny/suspension which in the end would be more expensive than a heads and cam camaro that would be faster.

yeah lets see a suburau sti alone is over $35,000 and thats not counting the mods.........and have you ever seen how expensive some of those top end greddy turbo kits are for ur car? thats about the price you pay for a whole race prepped ls-1!!!!!!!!!!.............im not racist i think ricers are more close minded than anyone just go post on a ricer board and they'll tell u things like "gm's breakdown alot" when none of them have ever even owned one being mexican GM are more part of our culture than anything first generation mexicans have been modding and restoring old impalas as far as i remeber so dont start with that u have to be a cracker to drive a muscle car bs, my point is our cars are fast without spending as much money!!!
You're going to find closed minded people on both sides neithor has more or less. Your right, go to a mostly import board and you will see GM sucks bla bla bla but go to a american board and you will see honda's and what not are slow lawnmowers. Its all relitive
Old 01-24-2006 | 02:26 AM
Teching In

GMmexican, If you read my thread right,you would know that I didn't call you a racist.I was refering to a ricer terminology that we all carelessly throw out whenever we see Japanese performance cars. How would you like it if a stranger calls your ride a beaner, I'm assuming here that you are Mexican / American by lookin at your user name but hey you might be a Brotha, Asian ,hell you might be from planet Uranus pretending to be a Mexican. I digress, but I know if I was an Mexican and somebody called my pride and joy of a ride a beaner It would be an insult to me , my ride and my heritage. Am I being too culturely sensitive ? Damn I knew I shouldn't been paying too much attention in cultural sensitive training at work I wasted valuable nap time.
Anyway by your response it seems that you do not have any respect for imports regardless of their performance potential .That might be partially my fault , Evo and Sti's are still in production and they are kind of pricy compared to f body cars . How about a 240 sx with a skyline powerplant ? You could pick up a 240 for less than 1K bucks in most cases ,pick up a rb26dett engine for another 3K, buy an ebay single turbo manifold for couple hundred ,and 1K for a Turbo,1K for a fuel system and 2K for electronics and you got a recipe for 600+ rwhp arund 8k. That is if you do the the work yourself. Here's another option that combines both worlds , Datsun 240z with a Ls transplant. I would guess this might be little more spendy .How about a older Mk3 Supras , pick one up for around 1K stick a 1jz for $1500 or stick a 2jz for 3Kand supporting mods for around 5k and for less than 10k you would have an badass sleeper Supra w / 800+ rwhp potential but hey I'm wasting my breath and info because there is no way a puny 4 cylinder or anemic 6 cylinder can keep up with all mighty pushrod V8 and no way a little yellow man could build a performance car like good ol Americans and Europeans right ??
There are way too many closed minded people on both side of the fence , **** those ******** in the import scene who don't and can't respect the power and performance of pushrod's ( Have they seen what a stock z06 is capable of ???)and the dumbasses in the domestic scene thinking that their **** can't be touched . Have they seen several street Supra's pushing 1500 + rwhp and running 7's and 8's with IRS , yea they're slow outta dig .
I belong to several forums including ,viperalley ,supraforums and here. Why? I love high performance cars and I want to be well informed. My preference / requirement is that it has to be a rear wheel drive or AWD. I own a 97 Supra tt bpu+++ and a lot of supraforum members embarrass and irritate the **** outta me with their ignorance and arrogance and I'll tell you there are ignorance everywhere like a plague . If we could tear down the fence and see and apperciate what other people's POV and stop being a ******* elitist because you know what, there's always somebody faster. Don't hate ,apperciate and LEARN. But then again what the **** do I know I'm just eh stupid ricer driving turbo rice with race I mean rice fuel.
Oh by the way GMmexican I grew up in San Jose and I miss it there, except all that traffic!!

regards, Will

Last edited by supratool; 01-24-2006 at 05:06 AM.
Old 01-24-2006 | 05:22 AM
Teching In

GMmexican ,have you heard / seen jgtc racing series. Supras , Skyline's now 350z's they dominate over Mclarens F1's, Lamborghini's, and Ferraris let alone Vipers and Vettes. With heavy factory suport almost anything is possible . I'm just stating the obvious .
Old 01-25-2006 | 12:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

GMmexican ,have you heard / seen jgtc racing series. Supras , Skyline's now 350z's they dominate over Mclarens F1's, Lamborghini's, and Ferraris let alone Vipers and Vettes. With heavy factory suport almost anything is possible . I'm just stating the obvious .
im not saying i dont have respect 4 imports i always loved the nissan skyline i absolutly luv ferraris and lambos yes theyre imports, i kick it with some import guys who know there **** the sad part is there are way 2 many ignorant "ricers" who i guess ruin it for you guys that alot of us muscle car guys use 4 target practice, in all honesty i think when it comes to building a small affordable gas saver beater car you guys have us beat but when it comes to performance thats a whole other story, notthing personal i just think some of the things u do to your cars that are all show and no go like baby blue paint jobs and wings are>>>>>>>>>>>>
Old 01-25-2006 | 02:11 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican

there you go mis quoting me

in all honesty i think when it comes to building a small affordable gas saver beater car you guys have us beat but when it comes to performance thats a whole other story,

u do to your cars that are all show and no go like baby blue paint jobs and wings

My Supra is black however I do have a wing on my car and it is very functional , espicially at 180 +

I know that I'm a tool

but I have been out tooled by jedi master tool

Last edited by supratool; 01-25-2006 at 03:12 AM.
Old 01-26-2006 | 12:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

i meant that a stock honda or toyota 4 banger is a great affordable car, its built great by those companys and thats what they engineered them for meaning its reliable and a gas saver, something alot of GM'S get a bad rep for.

The comment i posted about all looks is that alot of so called "ricers" that obiously dont know much about cars spend more time and money on aesthetic aspects of there cars (wings,paint jobs,tv' screens,lambo doors) then add just an intake and exhaust and think they can take on anyone, thats what gives you more expericned tuners a bad image b/c i know alof of those kids are just in it b/c it looks cool and dont know jack **** about performance engineering im not saying it applys to youbefore you go calling people tools learn how to read dude.
Old 01-26-2006 | 02:21 AM
TECH Resident

cant we all just.... get along?
Old 01-26-2006 | 03:15 AM
Teching In

GMmexican , I agree with you on you opinion of fools with their poser mobiles as if adding more decals and maxing out the bling factor is going to lower your et's and at the same time substantially increase your whp. All Show and No Go unfortunately is mind set of many .I'm glad there are people like you who are true performance enthusiast.
There, are you happy now that I kissed GMmexican's *** , UnZ feat'd. Now my breath smells like corn and peanuts I meant, tacos and burritos, by the way, you have one sweet ride. Great color mean and black.....me likes
Old 01-26-2006 | 01:24 PM
TECH Resident

GMmexican , I agree with you on you opinion of fools with their poser mobiles as if adding more decals and maxing out the bling factor is going to lower your et's and at the same time substantially increase your whp. All Show and No Go unfortunately is mind set of many .I'm glad there are people like you who are true performance enthusiast.
There, are you happy now that I kissed GMmexican's *** , UnZ feat'd. Now my breath smells like corn and peanuts I meant, tacos and burritos, by the way, you have one sweet ride. Great color mean and black.....me likes
haha, yes i am very happy! ...actually i was stoned when i posted that... so please forgive me, i tend to do that from time to time and my inner hippie comes out. and thanks man! you got any pics of your ride?
Old 01-26-2006 | 02:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by s2kkid
Obviously it will not always be the case and I am simply refering to stock vs stock because any car with money into it can be fast so it is not a fair comparison.
I was referring to a Cobra as a supercharged mustang.
Old 01-26-2006 | 10:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

as long as you know ur **** i dont care what you drive.......now go out and get in a car wreck u silly asian.
Old 01-27-2006 | 06:58 AM
Teching In

Default Rice?

Monster
Old 01-27-2006 | 11:30 AM
On The Tree

There's my 03cents
rice cracker

If you think that american cars rule drifting, look at the Japanese drifting competitions... The GTO that dominated in the US drifting series can barely hang with the cars there... also, the american cars are factory backed... that's the viper, mustang, and GTO. That's partly why they do so well. The other part is good power, and the best drivers (factory backed teams can pay for the good stuff).

I'm getting sick of the domestic rice. It used to be just the cavalier, sunfire, and the focus... Now I see altezzas and stupid wings and windshield banners on camaros too... many v6s, but unfortunately, some v8s...

and let's not forget the mustangs... goddamn, they've gone downhill REAL fast... I used to see tons of v6s, that's fine, since they're at least stock, but now I see saleen body kits and GT-R badges and v8 mustangs thinking they're the **** with a saleen package...
Old 01-27-2006 | 12:47 PM
12 Second Club

Too bad that focus didnt race you it would have been funny. Saleen now has a focus that come NOS ready from the factory. Check out the numbers on it.
http://www.saleen.com/n2o_focus_performance.htm
15.8 N/A
14.0 Juiced
Old 01-27-2006 | 01:08 PM
Launching!

The "which is cheaper" argument and "which is easier" argument get pretty complex and pointless. 80s Crystler POS crapboxes with SOHC 2.2Ls would school us all in the cheap performance catagory. Those things are scary.