Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
All this started over an F-body's loss. Big Deal.
That's the whole point of this dragging out crap. The f- body WASN'T RACING!
And the second video it looks like the Evo ripped him a new one and then he did the typical import flyby.
jonnytimebomb has finally exploded. I knew it would happen. So long jonny, you will be missed.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
That's the whole point of this dragging out crap. The f- body WASN'T RACING!
And the second video it looks like the Evo ripped him a new one and then he did the typical import flyby.
jonnytimebomb has finally exploded. I knew it would happen. So long jonny, you will be missed.

Looked like the F-body was racing to me, did you not read my post? I beat a Camaro with exhaust with all bolt-ons at 10 PSI. So why couldn't he have beat that car? I don't understand your reasoning.
Old 02-07-2006, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

All this started over an F-body's loss. Big Deal.
Yea the guy posted this on RX7club.com, then got all big headed and came over here to stir **** up but i guess if i had a video of me smoking a stock rx-7 with my moded f-bodie and i posted that on rx7club.com they'd be pretty mad too, its all a question of pride for your ride i guess.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
Yea the guy posted this on RX7club.com, then got all big headed and came over here to stir **** up but i guess if i had a video of me smoking a stock rx-7 with my moded f-bodie and i posted that on rx7club.com they'd be pretty mad too, its all a question of pride for your ride i guess.

Yeah, it seems to me the f-body guys are just pissed their car lost to a lightly modded RX-7. But this is LS1tech
Old 02-08-2006, 07:45 AM
TECH Resident

But this is LS1tech
.....well u need not say more than
Old 02-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Banned

Yeah, it seems to me the f-body guys are just pissed their car lost to a lightly modded RX-7. But this is LS1tech
What the hell are you talking about? That wasn't even a race! The T/A gets a bad start and he runs with it and claims "Yea! I did it! Did you see that?" Crappy vid, one run, obviously wasn't even a real race. I've owned an RX7 and have abused RX8's daily when I used to work for Mazda. I know what they can do. Let me tell you, there's no way he walked away like that if it was me behind the wheel of the T/A--racing.

A lot of people claimed bs on this one.
Old 02-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Staging Lane

What the hell are you talking about? That wasn't even a race! The T/A gets a bad start and he runs with it and claims "Yea! I did it! Did you see that?" Crappy vid, one run, obviously wasn't even a real race. I've owned an RX7 and have abused RX8's daily when I used to work for Mazda. I know what they can do. Let me tell you, there's no way he walked away like that if it was me behind the wheel of the T/A--racing.

A lot of people claimed bs on this one.

Noone on rx7club did? I am going to put up the vid on me racing a camaro z28, lets see if you call bs on me pullinh him by 3 cars or so each time.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:00 AM
Banned

Noone on rx7club did? I am going to put up the vid on me racing a camaro z28, lets see if you call bs on me pullinh him by 3 cars or so each time.
Whatever dude. Get your rocks off.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Whatever dude. Get your rocks off.
You just pissed because I have owned a modded SS and a modded FD and I know which was faster? Dude, I love LS1's as much as anyone, that is why I now have one. But you should be able to admit that some imports are quick and can whoop that ***.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

You just pissed because I have owned a modded SS and a modded FD and I know which was faster? Dude, I love LS1's as much as anyone, that is why I now have one. But you should be able to admit that some imports are quick and can whoop that ***.
yeah there are a few fast imports but you will always be considered the underdog........imports are like the houston texans of football , and i guess you chose an LS1 with your pick in the draft,lol i miss football season
Old 02-09-2006, 07:28 AM
Banned

Whoop?-de do! I've OWNED a 3rd gen RX7! I KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO!!!! Did you read?!? A near stock RX7 is a dog!!! A slow, torque-less unreliable turd!!! I've owned one... remember?
Old 02-09-2006, 07:58 AM
11 Second Club

Well, I can say one thing for you...at least you didn't hit the hazards on him.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:44 AM
11 Second Club

I would say it's not that the ls1 lost.. because why would we care if he beat the evo.. The idea is the video's are freaking gay, and inconclusive at best.. if you are going to brag.. at least post something that resembles a race.

If I saw an ls1 race an evo like that, I'd call ricer flyby the same way I'm calling it now.. FWIW: I have raced an rx7 with raised boost, downpipe, two cold air intakes, and exhaust here locally on 19 & 41 during nopi. I had put an aftermarket clutch in my car that had a catback, lid, and 4.10's... My hydraulics were fucked so I missed 2nd, 3rd, and 4th and I was half a car ahead.

There were several witnesses here from this board on that race.

But if I posted a vid that was as shitty as this guy's of me beating any car in any car, I'd expect a flogging on this board.

Peace,
Josh
Old 02-09-2006, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

Whoop?-de do! I've OWNED a 3rd gen RX7! I KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO!!!! Did you read?!? A near stock RX7 is a dog!!! A slow, torque-less unreliable turd!!! I've owned one... remember?

So a car that has run .5 less than a 2000 SS in the 1/4 is a slow turd? So stock f-bodies are also slow turds? Or is the line right after the f-body. Oh and the RX-7's are slow turds on a track too, where if racing a stock camaro it would take a **** on the SS. Couple bolt-ons have pushed them into the 12's, just about like f-bodies. I don't see you reasoning here. Here, I will settle this. One of my best friends has a f-body, one of my friends has a FD. I will get them to run and see what happens. I will film it and show to you bud. They will race from like 5 differen spots, stop, 10 roll, 30 roll, 50 roll whatever.

BTW, if you so a FD is a slow turd, I don't believe you owned one.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Banned

So a car that has run .5 less than a 2000 SS in the 1/4 is a slow turd? So stock f-bodies are also slow turds? Or is the line right after the f-body. Oh and the RX-7's are slow turds on a track too, where if racing a stock camaro it would take a **** on the SS. Couple bolt-ons have pushed them into the 12's, just about like f-bodies. I don't see you reasoning here. Here, I will settle this. One of my best friends has a f-body, one of my friends has a FD. I will get them to run and see what happens. I will film it and show to you bud. They will race from like 5 differen spots, stop, 10 roll, 30 roll, 50 roll whatever.

It's a slow turd. Have a nice day. Say hello to jonnytimebomb when you see him.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:31 PM
Staging Lane

It's a slow turd. Have a nice day. Say hello to jonnytimebomb when you see him.
I don't know him, and I rarely post on RX7club, so I highly doubt I will "see him".
Old 02-09-2006, 05:46 PM
Teching In

I saw the video and its looks like b.s. ive never seen a rotor pull that hard on an ls1 unless u really moded it im say ur ported also but if its real nice job i lined up with many rx's and pulled 5-6 cars on them with just the stock slp pakage so... nice win
Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RedSuperSport
I saw the video and its looks like b.s. ive never seen a rotor pull that hard on an ls1 unless u really moded it im say ur ported also but if its real nice job i lined up with many rx's and pulled 5-6 cars on them with just the stock slp pakage so... nice win
When we use the name RX, what kind are we talking about here? And yes modded f-bodies should pull 5-6 cars on stock FD's.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

If rx-7 rotorys(sp) are so fast why did you take out that motor and put an ls-1 in your car?.........and then insult the car that it came from??????? it makes no sense to me..........please dont insult f-bodies dude.

Last edited by GMmexican; 02-11-2006 at 02:29 AM.
Old 02-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
If rx-7 rotorys(sp) are so fast why did you take out that motor and put an ls-1 in your car?.........and then insult the car that it came from??????? it makes no sense to me..........please dont insult f-bodies dude.
There are very fast rotaries. I put an LS1 in the car to be different and make good power. I love LS1's, just not f-bodies or their misinformed dumbass drivers. This might not be all, but a lot. I just like to let some domestic owners know exactly what the truth really is.

Quick Reply: *VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph