Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

*VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Why are you still talking. Obviously you don't even read what I write. How dumb are you? I am putting an LS1 in my RX-7, so what kind of dumb **** are talking? I was just informing people who have no idea about certain engines, like yourself.
Why didnt you stick with your mega engine 13B then. If it is soooooooo much better than a pushrod V8. And do you think we really care. Go and post on the RX7 board and bitch all you want over there. All you do is make stupid comments. Dont tell me it was to be different either because thats gay. All i see you write is direspect about the LSX engines and their "misinformed" owners. I know what i got under my hood. And it sure as hell aint a rotary. I like imports but its idiots like you that need to be informed. Why should i waste my time are read all six of your posts.

BTW when is someone going to lock this thread. Its useless.
Old 02-17-2006, 10:05 PM
Launching!

IBTL. Why must we suffer these fools?
Old 02-17-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that video sucks. i hang out with an rx7 person and am well aware of what they can do. a very lightly modded RX will whoop a stock ls1 all day long.

it takes nothing for them to run 12.90's and they are a corner carver!
Old 02-17-2006, 11:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by dcmercury2
Why didnt you stick with your mega engine 13B then. If it is soooooooo much better than a pushrod V8. And do you think we really care. Go and post on the RX7 board and bitch all you want over there. All you do is make stupid comments. Dont tell me it was to be different either because thats gay. All i see you write is direspect about the LSX engines and their "misinformed" owners. I know what i got under my hood. And it sure as hell aint a rotary. I like imports but its idiots like you that need to be informed. Why should i waste my time are read all six of your posts.

BTW when is someone going to lock this thread. Its useless.
he never said he rather have a 13B over an LS1. if you don't bother reading what's going on, then why bother posting? because he owns an 7, he has to leave this board?? did you not read his sig? he has an LS1 in his car..and so do i. so i don't know how he was disrespecting the LS1, as i understood, he was just informing everyone that the rotary is not a "piece of ****" like everyone thinks. i simply switched over from rotary to LS1 because i would have to travel 56 miles to the shop and 56 miles back home. now, what if the car doesn't run? i have to tow it ($250-$300 there, only). i would have kept the rotary if i had a lot of time...but i don't. now, the LS1 saves me all those trips.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

THANK YOU!!!!! why are people so diehard ls1. they are a GREAT engine, but the rotary is also a VERY good engine. they do blow more often but when they do, it normally a new set of apex seals and put it back together. we can have my friends engine out in about 2-3 hours just playin around
Old 02-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rastarajah
he never said he rather have a 13B over an LS1. if you don't bother reading what's going on, then why bother posting? because he owns an 7, he has to leave this board?? did you not read his sig? he has an LS1 in his car..and so do i. so i don't know how he was disrespecting the LS1, as i understood, he was just informing everyone that the rotary is not a "piece of ****" like everyone thinks. i simply switched over from rotary to LS1 because i would have to travel 56 miles to the shop and 56 miles back home. now, what if the car doesn't run? i have to tow it ($250-$300 there, only). i would have kept the rotary if i had a lot of time...but i don't. now, the LS1 saves me all those trips.
Exactly, I'm LS1 for the torque and how easy it is to work on and buy parts for compared to a rotary. Rotaries can make great power, but I don't have the time nor the money and knowledge. LS1's however, can be worked on by my neighborhood mechanic and I can find parts around me. I never disrespected my own engine, I love LS1's. But obviously that guy still hasen't read anything I wrote. Typcial big head domestic owner.
Old 02-19-2006, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exactly, I'm LS1 for the torque and how easy it is to work on and buy parts for compared to a rotary. Rotaries can make great power, but I don't have the time nor the money and knowledge. LS1's however, can be worked on by my neighborhood mechanic and I can find parts around me. I never disrespected my own engine, I love LS1's. But obviously that guy still hasen't read anything I wrote. Typcial big head domestic owner.
but you still hate f-bodies?
Old 02-19-2006, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by GMmexican
but you still hate f-bodies?

No hate, just don't like the drivers most of the time, but also the cars aren't that great IMO. Looks ok for a pig I guess. I like Y-body cars alright.
Old 02-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Banned

No hate, just don't like the drivers most of the time, but also the cars aren't that great IMO. Looks ok for a pig I guess. I like Y-body cars alright.
Yeah I hate import drivers myself, they seem to think that small, torqueless engines are equal to ones triple in size once you put intake and exhaust mods on the popfart motor.

The import owners are usually the ones who rev up the gheyness and do single-tire burnouts in parking lots filled with other people.

I'd rather be a big headed domestic driver instead of a pimple infested import driver any day. Buy American,
Old 02-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Yeah I hate import drivers myself, they seem to think that small, torqueless engines are equal to ones triple in size once you put intake and exhaust mods on the popfart motor.

The import owners are usually the ones who rev up the gheyness and do single-tire burnouts in parking lots filled with other people.

I'd rather be a big headed domestic driver instead of a pimple infested import driver any day. Buy American,

I agree, but some are not like that. Your typical Honda racer is like that, acting stupid. But the guys I hang around know what they are dealing with when they see it, and know there 2 Liter cars won't hang with sprayed big blocks and ****. None of my friends do that. Sure I have many domestic owning friends too, and they are cool as hell. But what pisses me off the most is having a big motor and thinking you can beat anything smaller than yours. Where I live, in the country, that is a big assumption. All the rednecks and country boys think there big motor is autmatically more powerful and faster than any import. I'm there to try to prove them wrong. And my friends try to do the same.
Old 02-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Launching!

nice kill you yanked on that ******!!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Resident

Enough about the cars...back to the chick under the hood!
Old 02-20-2006, 07:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jabroni
Enough about the cars...back to the chick under the hood!

Quick Reply: *VIDEO* LS1 Trans Am vs 93 RX7 race 0-120mph