Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

99GT vs 04 Lightning *VIDEO*

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 99GT vs 04 Lightning *VIDEO*

Finally got the video put together. The footage isn't too great but better than nothing I guess. We are setting up another race sometime this week. The GT should have a full bottle this time. And we are trying to get a race set up with an 200? SS Camaro. Hopefully we will get some better footage next time.
Here is the link.
http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...W0Q2ZAK28CDES5
Just click on final video or download now. Might be faster to save rather than open. Enjoy.
Old 01-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Launching!

That hood where did you get it and do you have pic's? My cousin is looking for a hood and that one would fit his needs.

Good vid too, i miss the heaton whine on my GTP
Old 01-29-2006, 04:03 PM
Board Certified Idiot

how much boost are you running>? i figured that gt would have done a tade better using a 100 wet shot as to the 2nd race using none.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Teching In

The lightning isn't exactly sure what pulley he has. He just bought the truck a few weeks ago, but he thinks it is a six pound pulley, running 14lbs of boost?? I am not sure if that is right. The Mustang only sprayed in second gear because he was out of nitrous and didn't know it until they raced. He would do a lot better if he actually got to spray like he was suppose to. We are setting up another race with his bottle full. Also I am not sure how good the lightnings tune is. Neither one of the cars are mine. Both belong to some of my friends. I will ask where he got the hood though.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Tell your bud to get his tranny looked at. His tranny is slipping on that first go when the vid was shot looking at the speed gauge. Something is not right with the shift, looks like it slips out and back into the gear.

Nice vid.

Edit. Just watched them race again, and he def is having a tranny problem. It doesnt shift properly, tell him to get it checked before its too late...
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Teching In

I think he said the truck wasn't shifting as hard or quick as it should. I think he said he adjusted it some after the races with his predator tuner if you can even do that? While they were racing I think what happened is that he was shifting the truck himself since they were going from a roll. So he started off with the truck in first and then put it in second and drive. I am not sure if this is the best way but that is what he was doing. I think he said he hit the rev limiter real quick in first gear and that was the noise that you can hear during the first race.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Teching In

Ah, it seemed like it was slipping a bit. Yah it sucks that its auto and from a roll if you dont want to get wasted you gotta manually shift like that.

What he needs to do is set the Shift's back to stock with a the Pred, and buy a Factory Tech Valve Body (FTVB) prob the best mod for the Lightning. Its like 200 and after install he will bark each gear It is better for the tranny as well since it shifts so friggen fast, so less wear. Lots of people have broke there trannies messing with the shift firmness ect with the Pred

Let him know that. And tell him to go to nloc to get some more info on his truck.

Later.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Teching In

Thanks a lot for the info. I'll tell him, although I think he is kind of hard-headed. But I don't mind if he ends up being a little slower.