Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

AMS EVO Kills 900whp

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Haha didnt even see that, yea man didnt know if you were just here to start a flame war or not but obviously thats not your intent so my bad. Also yea Bronco is right. to get 900 rwhp out of an ls1 your going to need boost or a hell of a lot of nitrous and a lot of cubes. Most 408's with good compression, large cam, and real good heads will make about 500+ rwhp, then its gonna take a lot of spray or boost to hit 900, def not going to hit it N/A. BTW im guessing you have an EVO so you should list your car and mods in your sig, like to see what type of setup your running.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...25#post4222525

Scroll halfway down to see my mod list.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by XakEp
Kinky! I personally dont treat nitrous the same as a turbo. I can easily see an LS1 hitting 900 with nitrous and no turbo or supercharger.

Yep.. already been done. Not too crazy to do either
Old 02-09-2006, 05:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hah, last I heard he was shooting for 800 to the wheels. I respect that car simply because it's a beast. If it's fast I like it no matter what the origin is. I can't wait to see it killing some cars on the streets. I hope the owner races some stout competition too though.
BTW- the last time I checked, a street race is a race from a dig OR a roll...and from what I've seen this is a street racing car not a track car....roll races are gay....right
Old 02-09-2006, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by XakEp
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...25#post4222525

Scroll halfway down to see my mod list.
Looks like you've got lots done to your car! What kind of numbers are you expecting?
Old 02-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Juiced
Yeah thats the Black Florida Evo form Sr Vids that raced the 640 whp ZO6 the cobra on nitrous and various Supras.

Before that car was only making 600 whp, its a whole nother monster now with the gt42r.
Various Supras my a**. I have yet to see a video of that Evo race a well built Supra and there are quite a few of them in Florida.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ouchburns
Looks like you've got lots done to your car! What kind of numbers are you expecting?
600+ HP

If I have to get a bigger turbo I will, but it'll have to step up to a ball bearing CHRA because at that point a standard journal will have too much lag to be streetable.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:24 PM
Staging Lane

im with heatmaker
Old 02-09-2006, 11:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I never said anyone would build a car with 43 pounds, i said I wonderh ow much power and ls1 would make off of 43 pounds of boost.

I've also seen a ams evo bust guts at the track.. instead of trailerin it the dude decided to drive his 10 second evo to the track, he didn't even make it past staging... these guys push the limits between drag cars and street cars way too hard and that is what happens.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Addict

So what happens if this mighty evo goes to the track and just launches and falls apart at the line. the transmission goes, or it handle the power off the line and gets fucked up. Its just going to prove it got all that power for nothing. Don't get me wrong 900hp on any car is an achievement. But whats the point of 900 useless hp. XakEp your a ******* dumbass i can't wait for the day an LS1 or any american car just makes this AMS evo look like ****. Yeah there will always be somebody faster but everytime i see a thread on this car people act like its unstoppable. I rather run build my car to run 10's and know there are alot of others who will kick the **** out of me. Than drive that and only be able to beat people from races rolling from 80mph+ and up.
-Joel
Old 02-10-2006, 02:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ten bucks says the guy wont race Willie
Old 02-10-2006, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2000Hawk
So what happens if this mighty evo goes to the track and just launches and falls apart at the line. the transmission goes, or it handle the power off the line and gets fucked up. Its just going to prove it got all that power for nothing. Don't get me wrong 900hp on any car is an achievement. But whats the point of 900 useless hp. XakEp your a ******* dumbass i can't wait for the day an LS1 or any american car just makes this AMS evo look like ****. Yeah there will always be somebody faster but everytime i see a thread on this car people act like its unstoppable. I rather run build my car to run 10's and know there are alot of others who will kick the **** out of me. Than drive that and only be able to beat people from races rolling from 80mph+ and up.
-Joel
Oh, I'm a dumbass? Do you feel that way because I dont agree with you, or because you dont think I know what I'm talking about?

Wait, youre the one posting gems like the one above. Do you even read what youre posting?

XakEp your a ******* dumbass i can't wait for the day an LS1 or any american car just makes this AMS evo look like ****
I dont care who beats this guy - 900HP is an accomplishment with 4 cylinders and no nitrous. Its not something thats commonly done with DSMs or EVOs, and I for one will give him props. Are you going to tell me I'm a dumbass when I finish my twin turbo Duster project because its a Mopar?

Seriously - you are whats wrong with consumers in america today. Blind loyalty to one product and ignorantly decrying other cars because of jingoistic reasons. Grow up. I dont care if someone is faster than that guy's EVO (BTW - its not the AMS EVO, that 900HP Evo is a customer's car), fast cars are cool as hell.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

I find it funny that the AMS shop car made many good passes in the 9 second range yet everybody main focus is the time it blew up. How many 900 WHP F bodies have never broken a part?

Like many people have pointed out this car is for the streets not the track. I see a ton of people here applaud Termi8tor (SP) and how bad *** he is, but as soon as this comes EVO comes out everyone wants it to hit the track. COud it put down good numbers at the track yeah, will the guy take it there I say find his info and ask him, dont assume and make yourself look ignorant. When people are pushing the limits of what a car can do they better break parts or they were not trying hard enough.

As far as the normal more HP crap that comes about in these threads, no one has ever mention that this EVO will not lose to anything or that the 4G63 will make more overall power than an LS1. It seems that the guys who are not making big hp are the ones that get all upset about this car. The guys that know how hard it is to make huge power tend to give it propes even if they don't like it. Just an observation.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

-Joel

who claims its unstoppable? just becuase its been beat before. I'm pretty sure if he went to the track..he wouldn't break anything cause its got john shepard t case i believe...and that is good till high 7s.. I'm sure he doesn't race from a dig because launching a 900whp evo has gotta be hard...and a lot more dangerous than roll racing because of the spectators on the side of the road and such.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Im not saying that its not awesome cause **** 900Hp in anything is ******* amazing. But every time this car gets a new thread people post about it like its god. Yes Trmin8r is fast as **** but we all know that his mods help him rolling, his car isn't that impressive yet from a dig. But when he gets the supporting mods then the skys the limit.
-Joel
Old 02-10-2006, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Im not saying that its not awesome cause **** 900Hp in anything is ******* amazing. But every time this car gets a new thread people post about it like its god. Yes Trmin8r is fast as **** but we all know that his mods help him rolling, his car isn't that impressive yet from a dig. But when he gets the supporting mods then the skys the limit.
-Joel
The only people who make it seem more than it is is the people who hate it. I have yet to see anyone that likes this car say it is unstoppable. I would also say that most people have seen the vids and it has only lost to one other vehicle and stayed next to another, at least video wise, so its reputation preceeds it.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Addict

But my question is if it is AWD, and AWD is supposed to be awesome from a dig. Then why doesn't it race more often from a dig? Yeah its pretty insane to go from a dig on the highway, but **** it i want to see more of this car from a dig.
-Joel
Old 02-10-2006, 06:52 PM
Banned

But my question is if it is AWD, and AWD is supposed to be awesome from a dig. Then why doesn't it race more often from a dig? Yeah its pretty insane to go from a dig on the highway, but **** it i want to see more of this car from a dig.
-Joel
He doesnt go from a dig because he doesnt want to. Why dont you contact the owner and ask him why? Thats about the only way to find out why he doesnt race from a stop.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Launching!

If he can't race from a DEAD STOP then why the hell is this car even a subject of talk? Who cares about a car with tons of money thrown at it that makes allot of power but has no time slips nor actually has ran from 0MPH? As far as the races on tape I think they were amusing. But he raced about 4-6 cars or so. The SRT-4, THe Z28 LS1, then the Cobra, then the Z06, the Viper, and the old school Camaro. All from a roll...this guy needs to learn how to drive his car... take it to the track... get some time slips... then come back and credit will be givin where it's due. But he's not doing anything that hasn't been done before. He just gets more press from Ricer trolls on Domestic boards... that actually think we care about a car that has 40grand in it, that wasn't even built by the owner, but by a performance shoppe... that beats domestic cars.
Whoopdedoo.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
If he can't race from a DEAD STOP then why the hell is this car even a subject of talk? Who cares about a car with tons of money thrown at it that makes allot of power but has no time slips nor actually has ran from 0MPH? As far as the races on tape I think they were amusing. But he raced about 4-6 cars or so. The SRT-4, THe Z28 LS1, then the Cobra, then the Z06, the Viper, and the old school Camaro. All from a roll...this guy needs to learn how to drive his car... take it to the track... get some time slips... then come back and credit will be givin where it's due. But he's not doing anything that hasn't been done before. He just gets more press from Ricer trolls on Domestic boards... that actually think we care about a car that has 40grand in it, that wasn't even built by the owner, but by a performance shoppe... that beats domestic cars.
Whoopdedoo.
Oh, so Ligenfelter built cars arent really worthy of any attention because a shop built them? Shelby mustangs arent worthy of attention because a shop built them?

Again - you have no exposure to this car or its owner other than videos posted on the internet. Why dont you get ahold of the owner and ask him if he DOES race from a stop? Personally if I was asked I'd tell you to **** off, largely because its a really stupid reason to knock a car.

In fact, I'd go so far to say thats as stupid a reason as saying its an import so it must suck.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by AcE XBOX
He should race Wolverine.
Willie's car ran 10 flats . This Evo is low 9's at least. Why should they race?

Last edited by LSINA7; 02-10-2006 at 07:47 PM.