Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

406 rwhp 350Z kills 06 zo6???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 01:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Just ignore the BS and keep chatting with the cool folks... I'm learning a shitload about the 350Z on this thread. Your not insulting anyone.

Has anyone pushed the limits of the VQ's stock pistons already?

There is one guy pushing 550whp on stock internals. Who knows for how long though.

The real breaking point is our stock rings and rods. Rings will most likely fail at about 480whp, rods are toothpicks. Fortunately it's only about $1,400 to upgrade both.
Old 03-09-2006 | 02:17 PM
TECH Junkie

... Not TOO different from our LS1's, I see.

The ringlands on our stock pistons start becoming likely to crumble at numbers over 550 rwhp, too. However, with a good tune, many LS1'ers beat on 8psi/~500 rwhp for years without problems. Not bad for a stock VQ.
Old 03-09-2006 | 04:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by bboyferal
... Not TOO different from our LS1's, I see.

The ringlands on our stock pistons start becoming likely to crumble at numbers over 550 rwhp, too. However, with a good tune, many LS1'ers beat on 8psi/~500 rwhp for years without problems. Not bad for a stock VQ.
wow, thats awesome that you are seeing those numbers at only 8psi.... a safe bet for the VQ is about 9.5 on a slightly conservative tune is around 420whp. Props
Old 03-09-2006 | 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I agree with BlackMagic C5. Guess Im a dick too. Go to there my350Z site and see how much they flame you my LS1 brothers. Your car can run a low-mid 13 bone stock compared to all there low-mid 14 seconds Z's and you'll post on a thread and then all the TT 350Z guys will start calling your car slow.

Then when you get upset and say how stock for stock your low 13 car would embarrass there low 14 car theyll pull out every excuse in the book...

They'll talk about bolt on (only ) 350Z's beating Vettes and Fbodys with intake and exhaust and how our cars arent fast.. Just remember that these guys count cams as bolt ons and even with cams and all bolt ons they still have a hard time beating our stock cars.

EVEN KNOWING THAT THEY WILL STILL TALK CRAP ON YOU..EVEN WHEN YOU GIVE THERE CAR PROPS IF ONE OF THEM KILLED A VETTE OR F BODY ALL THE TT GUYS WILL STILL GANG UP ON YOU AND TALK CRAP..

They have this complex were they have to feel good about there 14 second car.And putting down any V8 that comes to there site is the awnswer for many of them.
Old 03-09-2006 | 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2.73 Vette
I agree with BlackMagic C5. Guess Im a dick too. Go to there my350Z site and see how much they flame you my LS1 brothers. Your car can run a low-mid 13 bone stock compared to all there low-mid 14 seconds Z's and you'll post on a thread and then all the TT 350Z guys will start calling your car slow.

Then when you get upset and say how stock for stock your low 13 car would embarrass there low 14 car theyll pull out every excuse in the book...

They'll talk about bolt on (only ) 350Z's beating Vettes and Fbodys with intake and exhaust and how our cars arent fast.. Just remember that these guys count cams as bolt ons and even with cams and all bolt ons they still have a hard time beating our stock cars.

EVEN KNOWING THAT THEY WILL STILL TALK CRAP ON YOU..EVEN WHEN YOU GIVE THERE CAR PROPS IF ONE OF THEM KILLED A VETTE OR F BODY ALL THE TT GUYS WILL STILL GANG UP ON YOU AND TALK CRAP..

They have this complex were they have to feel good about there 14 second car.And putting down any V8 that comes to there site is the awnswer for many of them.
Honestly man i agree with you. if someone comes to talk ****, like some of the EVO guys that have been coming by as of late to brag about the AMS EVO, by all means flame away. Also, thats why this site is so much better than all the other car forums out there, because its not all brand biased opinions and flame wars all day. You can actually have a non-lsx powered vehicle and shoot the **** with people who actually know about cars and not just argue with ignorant tools all day like on other forums. I know what you mean about the other forums, hell I used to be a member at the srtforums but some of the guys there were so stupid I couldnt even go there anymore so I understand the flame wars but if people are posting here and not starting flame wars or being dicks then why be a dick and bother them? Your basically stooping to their level. Oh well though, its an open forum so people can post as they wish, just dont want to see it turn into what ls1.com turned into...
Old 03-09-2006 | 04:16 PM
Teching In

I don't hang out there because they are dicks, your right, but you can't count everyone with a 350 as the general population. THere are a lot of real good guys who don't need reality checks. I know full well that LS/LT1's would KILL any bolt-on 350, bolt ons are CRAP for the Z. You just have to stay away and ignore those types like the same guys that tell us to ignore ******** on here.
Old 03-09-2006 | 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Agreed. People can call me a dick all they want too. I don't give a ****. I'm not on here to make friends. I'm here to find info I'm looking for, LS1 specific, and guess what? Talk to other LS1 owners!!! I just don't understand why we need owners of imports and other cars, that don't own LS1's to come on here and "enlighten" us in every damn thread they can. I'm willing to bet 90% of the people on here don't give a **** about imports when they are surfing this site. Last time I checked, there are other sites specific to those cars with plenty of info. And heres the biggest shock, in my family we had several vettes, old and new, gt mustang, 03 cobra, and now a new 06 350z. It's a great car. No question there. I just have a bad attitude towards 350z forum people because of the way I was treated on their site when trying to find info. I was not welcome there, and the LS1 was seriously talked down. I don't see why I should be nice here. I'm not going to tell a 350z owner that his car is a POS, but I will defend the LS1 any chance I can because they are NOT in the same class.
Old 03-09-2006 | 04:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

took the words outta my mouth.

Be a dick,..who really gives a ****, ya know?... I don't give a **** what anyone thinks of me.... it's like my saying goes....

I'm not mean. Your just a sissy.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 03-10-2006 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-09-2006 | 10:55 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sparetire
Its a aluminum block versus the VQs Iron.

no the VQ is an aluminum block
Old 03-10-2006 | 12:22 AM
TECH Junkie

350Zs are junk, I raced a Greedy TT car and pulled on it from a dig 4 times, and for 3 rolls! I was pretty shock, I thought it would topend on me hard but I pulled from it. Man those cars are alot to mod and nothing is bang for the buck with them.

I also messed with a TT G35 and pulled form him, I heard they are fast but wow what a joKe. I didnt expect this to happen at all since they put out more power than me.

Z06 should walk it
Old 03-10-2006 | 12:25 AM
TECH Junkie

I want to make this clear, I dont think my car is fast or flyn but it moves out very well.
Old 03-10-2006 | 12:53 AM
TECH Junkie

your stock trans am? or the "tsi"?
Old 03-10-2006 | 01:19 AM
TECH Junkie

My Talon TSI
Old 03-10-2006 | 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
Agreed. People can call me a dick all they want too. I don't give a ****. I'm not on here to make friends. I'm here to find info I'm looking for, LS1 specific, and guess what? Talk to other LS1 owners!!! I just don't understand why we need owners of imports and other cars, that don't own LS1's to come on here and "enlighten" us in every damn thread they can. I'm willing to bet 90% of the people on here don't give a **** about imports when they are surfing this site. Last time I checked, there are other sites specific to those cars with plenty of info. And heres the biggest shock, in my family we had several vettes, old and new, gt mustang, 03 cobra, and now a new 06 350z. It's a great car. No question there. I just have a bad attitude towards 350z forum people because of the way I was treated on their site when trying to find info. I was not welcome there, and the LS1 was seriously talked down. I don't see why I should be nice here. I'm not going to tell a 350z owner that his car is a POS, but I will defend the LS1 any chance I can because they are NOT in the same class.
Agree 100% man, I just dont think demetrius was trying to start ****. Could be wrong, just the impression I got. Also, I think it hilarious when you or v-series tech rip into people who are only on the forum to talk ****. I laugh my *** off at work with some of the posts you guys will make, but im just saying if they arent on here to be asses why be an *** to them? But anyways v-series how is your car coming along? I read your thread about your clutch exploding, have you had a chance to put the vette back together and if so what kind of setup are you going with?
Old 03-10-2006 | 03:35 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by slick1851
350Zs are junk, I raced a Greedy TT car and pulled on it from a dig 4 times, and for 3 rolls! I was pretty shock, I thought it would topend on me hard but I pulled from it. Man those cars are alot to mod and nothing is bang for the buck with them.

I also messed with a TT G35 and pulled form him, I heard they are fast but wow what a joKe. I didnt expect this to happen at all since they put out more power than me.

Z06 should walk it
Depends on the guys setup. They had a huge article in speed magazine on some Turbo and S/C setups on some 350z's and the numbers didnt impress me but it depends on if he has had engine work done or not. Most of the kits dont push that much boost into the engine if its stock internally, but if the engine is modded right (forged parts) then im sure they can make some real nice numbers so i wouldnt be so quick to call them all slow but yea bang for the buck mod wise they arent all that great whatsoever
Old 03-10-2006 | 04:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Agree 100% man, I just dont think demetrius was trying to start ****. Could be wrong, just the impression I got. Also, I think it hilarious when you or v-series tech rip into people who are only on the forum to talk ****. I laugh my *** off at work with some of the posts you guys will make, but im just saying if they arent on here to be asses why be an *** to them? But anyways v-series how is your car coming along? I read your thread about your clutch exploding, have you had a chance to put the vette back together and if so what kind of setup are you going with?
You bastard *****. It's friday, and you had to remind me about the half dead frc on the lift just over my shoulder.

Well...after being jerked around by my insurance....i'm still being jerked around. It's been just before christmas that I have been without my car,....and without any REAL answers. First it's fixable, then it's totaled,..then it's gonna get fixed again,....now, it's supposed to be totaled.

I stripped the car of all mods,...and then some. Put most of it back to stock,....and wasn't very nice to the car in the process. For example, I had the cam out, in 10 minutes. Didn't remove the fans, or the radiator,...just ripped and dipped. Now the car has a two piece timeing cover....custom made

...I was saying sorry to the car the whole time.

It's a real shame, to see it in it's condition but,...it's gonna most likely be picked up within the next week or so. Insurance is trying to dick me out of what they want to pay now as well. Mother *******. Basically, right now i'm trying to get them to UP the value of the car,..so they'll pay me more. Right now,..I'm nowhere near happy with what they offered.

I just want it to end already.

I've got ALOT of parts now, waiting for my next car....which brings me to the one good thing that might turn out of all of this....which is my friends car, another WHITE FRC CORVETTE. Same year, same color. Not as CLEAN as my car was but, paint wise but, it still looks good.

He'll sell it to me for 15,000. I paid 24,000 for mine, back in july, for the same car. You could imagine how happy i'll be makeing a much cheaper car payment everymonth.

Which means, more money for me to mod that bitch. As far as the setup it will have when it come out,...honestly, I really don't know. At worst, it'll be faster then what mine was before, just for the shear fact that I have alot more parts that I came up with since disaster struck...like an LS6 motor. Heads and all. I may build that, or I may sell it and buy something better.....or I may build the LS6's bottom end, and go forced induction... I have TWO brand new turbo's in the bottom of my tool box, waiting to be used but, cost for a kit, may be a little crazy.

As you can see...i'm dazed as ****...I love nitrous,...I love turbo's(not the cost)....blowers are sick......all motor is respected....and I technically right now, don't have a car. Although I make payments on one.

All I can say, is when it does come back out,....it will be badder then ever. I promise.

And to top it off, I still have to remove my friggin spec clutch that is wedged in my car, so I can send it back to them. Not really looking forward to it.

Sorry for the winded post.
Old 03-10-2006 | 04:15 PM
On The Tree

whyyy is this thread still going. seriously, why?

i don't even remember what happened with the race between those two cars. i'd like to think that the z06 won, but i really don't car.

as far as the debate about f-bodies and 350zs, it's pretty cut and dry. the f-body will beat the z, stock for stock. does that mean it's a better car? not especially. sucks for 350z owners that it takes FI to make their cars fast, i honestly feel bad for them.

anyway...can this thread please kick the bucket? buy the farm? push up daisies? i can't think if anymore, but you guys get the idea.
Old 03-10-2006 | 04:30 PM
12 Second Club

Yes Z06 won.
Old 03-10-2006 | 05:50 PM
Launching!

A TT LS6 with a mild shot of N20 to keep intake temps down would be sick. Those heads surely love FI.

What kind of turbos?
Old 03-10-2006 | 05:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sparetire
A TT LS6 with a mild shot of N20 to keep intake temps down would be sick. Those heads surely love FI.

What kind of turbos?

T3/T4

Need to change the exhaust housing's,...as there a little too big for a twin setup.

I have countless manifolds laying around, from LS2 vette's, to cts-v's...stock LS1 C5, 6.0 truck... It would be cool to be able to use something like that,...the LS2 vette piece's seem perfect but,..I dunno. Not really a turbo expert,...more of turbo expert in the makeing.

I also have 6.0 LQ9 heads laying around...great to drop the compression, and there still D-ports, like the LS6.

Big plans big plans... the search of power goes without rest. . . .

Quick Reply: 406 rwhp 350Z kills 06 zo6???