Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

406 rwhp 350Z kills 06 zo6???

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006 | 09:57 PM
Teching In

After watching the video, and the Z06 walking away the whole time, I don't see that 350 "walking around" the Z06 at 160.
Old 03-12-2006 | 03:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
You bastard *****. It's friday, and you had to remind me about the half dead frc on the lift just over my shoulder.

Well...after being jerked around by my insurance....i'm still being jerked around. It's been just before christmas that I have been without my car,....and without any REAL answers. First it's fixable, then it's totaled,..then it's gonna get fixed again,....now, it's supposed to be totaled.

I stripped the car of all mods,...and then some. Put most of it back to stock,....and wasn't very nice to the car in the process. For example, I had the cam out, in 10 minutes. Didn't remove the fans, or the radiator,...just ripped and dipped. Now the car has a two piece timeing cover....custom made

...I was saying sorry to the car the whole time.

It's a real shame, to see it in it's condition but,...it's gonna most likely be picked up within the next week or so. Insurance is trying to dick me out of what they want to pay now as well. Mother *******. Basically, right now i'm trying to get them to UP the value of the car,..so they'll pay me more. Right now,..I'm nowhere near happy with what they offered.

I just want it to end already.

I've got ALOT of parts now, waiting for my next car....which brings me to the one good thing that might turn out of all of this....which is my friends car, another WHITE FRC CORVETTE. Same year, same color. Not as CLEAN as my car was but, paint wise but, it still looks good.

He'll sell it to me for 15,000. I paid 24,000 for mine, back in july, for the same car. You could imagine how happy i'll be makeing a much cheaper car payment everymonth.

Which means, more money for me to mod that bitch. As far as the setup it will have when it come out,...honestly, I really don't know. At worst, it'll be faster then what mine was before, just for the shear fact that I have alot more parts that I came up with since disaster struck...like an LS6 motor. Heads and all. I may build that, or I may sell it and buy something better.....or I may build the LS6's bottom end, and go forced induction... I have TWO brand new turbo's in the bottom of my tool box, waiting to be used but, cost for a kit, may be a little crazy.

As you can see...i'm dazed as ****...I love nitrous,...I love turbo's(not the cost)....blowers are sick......all motor is respected....and I technically right now, don't have a car. Although I make payments on one.

All I can say, is when it does come back out,....it will be badder then ever. I promise.

And to top it off, I still have to remove my friggin spec clutch that is wedged in my car, so I can send it back to them. Not really looking forward to it.

Sorry for the winded post.
Nah man def gotta get it all out. Kinda like my first ls1. I originally had a 98 z28 black on black m6. Got it with around 35K miles on the clock for 17K in 2001. Modded the **** out of it, had a TR 228 with a tnt 150 wet kit, all bolt ons with headers and duals run out the back, plus tons of suspension mods. About 4 months of finishing all the mods I was on the highway and some bastard cut me off when I was trying to switch lanes and get into the middle lane. Didnt see him till the last second and he cut out of the passing lane at about 95 mph to go around someone. We almost smashed into each other but i managed to swerve, lost control, and planted the front end into a jersey barrier going about 70 mph. Tore the engine apart and I didnt have the mods insured so I lost all the money I had in the car. Insurance totalled it and barely cut me enough to pay off what I owed on the car and I basically lost over $6000 in mods as I had given away my stock parts so I couldnt swap them in. ****** sucked so bad. But yea that sounds like a sick deal on the white frc and who cares about the paint, as long as its not like faded or scratched to **** you can just zaino it and im sure it will look real good as white isnt too hard to maintain. Cant wait to see what you go with. Personally if I had the money id go turbo, or maybe one of the new kenne bell s/c for the vettes. Id just see the stock engine plus the ls6 you have and get a built 402 shortblock from one of the sponsors and stuff that into the front end and go with a healthy dose of spray until you can gret your hands on a turbo kit to use with the turbos you have. I dont blame you though, id rip off all the mods and toss it back together especially if the insurance company was trying to dick me over. Only good thing is that you have all the more reason to build your next vette bigger and stronger than before. Good luck though and keep us updated on what your gonna go with as im sure it will be sick!
Old 03-12-2006 | 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Also I appreciate the posts on the spec grenading on you as I almost went with a spec stage 3+ but am going to go with a ls2 flywheel/ls7 clutch combo and will def be getting a bellhousing.
Old 04-04-2006 | 06:09 PM
Teching In

This is really funny but you guys are parked with the 350z's okay cross the upgrade to GM Express n make a name for yourself if any of you wanna have a quick one meet me in okechobee rd at the deny's in front of publix Ill be waiting there with my Z06 bone stuck. This friday at 10.

Quick Reply: 406 rwhp 350Z kills 06 zo6???