Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Just raced a fast EVO8

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Other funny thing wesman is that I dont even see that you own a car at all in your sig or profile.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Electric
Here is my dyno... now what were you saying about maintaining power levels and turbos being inconsistent

I posted a guy's head/cam dyno too who makes 32whp more than me for comparison... hmm odd... my HP curve is MORE FLAT! Also kinda funny I make more power everywhere below 5500rpm - thats a poke at Wes since my low end is so god awful. Enjoy!

your dyno is hard to read I've never seen one like that. X pattern... the one below yes... the one above what is that? It looks like you make less power and more Tq as time goes on.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Heatmaker
your dyno is hard to read I've never seen one like that. X pattern... the one below yes... the one above what is that? It looks like you make less power and more Tq as time goes on.
I have seen curves like that before, dont be so amazed.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

HAHAHAHAHA!

Thats it, tell me to get the F out of here because I proved you wrong time in and time out and the only thing you can say is to get out of here or "no youre wrong!". No response to that torque comparison huh?

I like EVo's and STi's, but the sound of a Big Block or Cast Iron v-8 is something thats makes me happy everyday I drive my Z.

Isnt this Forum for LT1, LS1 and LS2 owners?
If youre gonna come here and bragg, atleast tell the truth.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Teching In

Well at least Wesman threw in a ricer comment, gotta maintain that quota.......
Old 03-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TopendLt1

I like EVo's and STi's, but the sound of a Big Block or Cast Iron v-8 is something thats makes me happy everyday I drive my Z.

Isnt this Forum for LT1, LS1 and LS2 owners?
If youre gonna come here and bragg, atleast tell the truth.

Who the hell is talking about sound? Yeah V8s sound great thanks? Im not bragging about anything, I was making a point to someone else, I have respect for V8s dont worry, Im not a domestic-hater what-so ever

But what are you talking about the "truth"? Did I lie somewhere, I must have missed that one?
Old 03-22-2006, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Its really not hard to read, its just not blown up big. Every dyno crosses at 5250rpm, its just that my dyno your used to seeing cars that end the dyno at 6500rpm so it doesnt leave much room for a pull after the "X". Also, I had them pull it to 7500, I shift at 7000 so technically there really is no drop, so that "less power and more torque" or whatever you said (which is a complete contradiction btw) doesnt really make sense unless I assume you mean after 7000 which is where I dont even go.

Last edited by Electric; 03-22-2006 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:53 PM
Launching!

Its really not hard to read, its just not blown up big. Every dyno crosses at 5250rpm, its just that my dyno your used to seeing cars that end the dyno at 6500rpm so it doesnt leave much room for a pull after the "X". Also, I had them pull it to 7500, I shift at 7000 so technically there really is no drop, so that "less power and more torque" or whatever you said (which is a complete contradiction btw) doesnt really make sense unless I assume you mean after 7000 which is where I dont even go.

look I don't want any trouble alright you have a nice car you make good numbers... just a different graph, not used to reading.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:09 AM
Teching In

look I don't want any trouble alright you have a nice car you make good numbers... just a different graph, not used to reading.

Thanks. Yes it does look different and I let you know why. Now you know!
Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by brad8266
I think you are the biggest troll on this forum. I will say again like in the other thread you are posting in, you have posted no kills on this site at all and yet you come in here and bash those that do just because they are not American cars, so again whos the troll again?
Guess how much your opinion matters - it doesn't. How am I a troll, when I support LS1's on a freaking LS1 site?? Are you a moron or something?? I think so.

Who the hell is talking about sound? Yeah V8s sound great thanks? Im not bragging about anything, I was making a point to someone else, I have respect for V8s dont worry, Im not a domestic-hater what-so ever

But what are you talking about the "truth"? Did I lie somewhere, I must have missed that one?
You come in here, on a GM LS1 site, bragging about how great your Evo is and expect people to care. Get a clue, this isn't EvoNation!! or some other ricer site. Nobody cars about all your dyno charts and bullshit that you keep posting, and you claim that your 4 banger has the same powerband as a V8. You're either really stupid, really ignorant, or just a combination of both
Old 03-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Banned

You guys are silly geese
Old 03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
Guess how much your opinion matters - it doesn't. How am I a troll, when I support LS1's on a freaking LS1 site?? Are you a moron or something?? I think so.

You come in here, on a GM LS1 site, bragging about how great your Evo is and expect people to care. Get a clue, this isn't EvoNation!! or some other ricer site. Nobody cars about all your dyno charts and bullshit that you keep posting, and you claim that your 4 banger has the same powerband as a V8. You're either really stupid, really ignorant, or just a combination of both
Yea like I said back in post 259

"Notice every post of yours has been the same, just reiterating what Ive already said and then some more irrational comments lacking any sort of factual data."

Old 03-24-2006, 04:14 AM
On The Tree

Guys you can try to make the EVO seem like more than it is all you want..But the real numbers dont lie..

i live in Oahu Hawaii on a 40 mile by 40 mile islnad. There is only one race track/drag strip here..

The LS1 guys have there own message board and the evo guys have there own message board...

For our LS1 board we have 3 people in the 10's..The quickest is a 10.4

For the EVo board they have 1 person in the 11's..He has ran a 11.9..Followed by 2 other people in the low 12's..

Thats a huge gap..10.4>11.9

But whats even huger is the mph..Out 3 LS1 guys are trapping 120-126 mph on there 10 second passes..

The Evo guys are trapping 110-112 mph on there 11.9-12.3 passes..

This means that if our fastest LS1 was to run there fastest Evo at the strip it would be 1.5 seconds quicker ( barely even a race)...

But what I find even more intriging is the differance in trap speed. On a highway roll a car that trapps 126 mph will utterly destroy a car that trapps 112 mph..

Whats even funnier is that my lowly 2.73 geared automatic that has an untuned baby cam air intake ..160 thermostat and no cats can trapp 110 mph..Now it's only running 12.93's on the street tires right now off 2.0-2.1 60 fts so the 11.9-12.3 second EVO's will take me on the track..

But on a roll race from 70 mph it would not surprise me one bit if I could beat the top EVO's here in Hawaii from 70-130 mph..im only trapping 2 mph less than there highest trapping car..But I have much better arodynamics that would show at those speeds..

How sad is that??????

My car is getting tuned tomorrow and Im expecting to be trapping the same or faster than the fastest EVO here in hawaii....Heck it's only 112 mph. thats not even fast in my honest opinion..

And were comparing a auto vrs a manual. My car shouldnt be any were close..But the EVO's even in heavily modded form are still not fast. (quick through the quarter) but not fast at all by LS1 standards..
Old 03-24-2006, 04:37 AM
On The Tree

Heres the link to the LS1 and EVo club here in hawaii..

www.evo808.com

or for the LS1's..

http://www.phfba.net/index.php?showtopic=1147

these are both the real results from real car clubs on a small 40 mile by 40 mile island at the same exact track ( theres only one track on the island) there is no talk about so and so did this or I herd that an evo did that over here..

We are closed in on a small island and the real results are in these two links..

Look at the differance in mph between the two sites even though we race at the same track...

The Evo guys dont even compare themselves to us..They fight with the sti and 350Z guys..Were totaly out of there league..

[B]THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT THE AVERAGE RUN OF THE MIL LS1 WILL RUN A 13.5 AT 105 MPH OFF A 2.1 60 FT......

PUT ON SLICKS AND WITH A 1.8 60 FT THAT SAME F BODY WILL RUN A 12.9 AT 104 MPH..

PUT ON A 150 SHOT OF NOS AND THAT SAME STOCK FBODY ON SLICKS WILL NOW RUN A 11.7 AT 116 MPH..

THIS WAS ALL DONE FOR AROUND 1000 BUCKS..

NOW SPEND 1500 BUCKS FOR A BIGGER CAM ( PREFERRABLY 224/224 OR BIGGER AND YOU CAN HAVE A 10 SECOND CAR THAT TRAPS 120 MPH....

thats what you EVO guys dont under stand..we can be quicker than you guys with just bolt ons and mild engine work still NA. When we do NOS or FI we are at a MINIMUM a 120 mph trapping car..

well theres the real numbers from the same track in the same weather from two oppossing clubs here in Hawaii that just happen to represent what this hole argument is about.....

I cant speak for every last track in the worls but I know that atleaste were it counts ( my track)

the LS1's are DESTROYING the EVO's by 15 mph and 1.5 tenths...BTW..these LS1'a as well as EVO's are all daily driven street cars.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:49 AM
On The Tree

On the EVO board for ET I would be number 9...

And for mph I would be number 5 on there list of the fastest EVO's in the state...

Thats just so pathetic....I got an untuned small cammed auto matic w/ 2.73 gears man....Ha ha ha ha aha ..

LOL..imagine if I ad AFR heads and a 230x230 or bigger cam...

Or even worse...Imagine if I just added a 150 shot of the juice to my current combo for under a grand installed and tuned and had a power adder just like all the EVO's do...

id be faster than them all ET wise and mph wise by a land slide....Then there fastest guy would still be talking about the super duper huge crazy efficient new turbo thats gonna put me in my place yo...

Then he installs it and trapps 115 mph instead of 112 and the EVO board is like..DAYUM....One Hundred fifteen Mph YO!!!!!!

OMG that is so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Just raced a fast EVO8