Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Srt Neon good bye, 03-04 Cobra holy s***

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Srt Neon good bye, 03-04 Cobra holy s***

Left work on Saturday night, spotted an srt neon, wasnt going to race him, but he was provoking the situation so i figured what the heck never raced one before. Light turned green before we could make it to the light went from a 10mph roll probably took him by two cars or so. Next race from a dead stop, neck and neck till second put about 2 cars on him. I could tell he had a blow off valve but who knows what else. Cool little cars, wish I could afford another toy
I would get one for my winter vehicle. Feeling good about the kill, was on the expressway headin home when I pass a 03-04 cobra, he didn't hesistate one bit
to start a race. I could tell he had exhaust and I knew it probably wasn't going to be pretty but I thought ok. I downshifted into 2nd and hammered it, he stayed on the side of me like he wasn't even trying. Then all of the sudden i hear his car get loud and he took off like a bat out of hell. I would say he put about 2 bus lengths on me. I had my 300lb. buddy with me but i know that really wouldn't of mattered anyway. All i have to say is, its time to start modding.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:17 AM
11 Second Club

Maybe a little shot or he could of had a Ken Belle???? Good kill and death. -Mark
Old 03-21-2006, 10:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bitemark46
Maybe a little shot or he could of had a Ken Belle???? Good kill and death. -Mark
Yeah, my buddy has an 03 cobra, with magnaflow catback, pullied, cold air, maf, and a predator tune, and he didn't pull bus lengths on me and my friends cobra dynoed 485 at the wheel.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe he was a KB car with electric cutouts...I always wanted to do that, put cutouts on my 5.0 and open them up when I nail it
Old 03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Good race man......those 04 cobras are mean but I guess this means 1 thing........time to mod the hell out of your ride Heck your ls1 is a freaking beast of a motor. Can i see some pics?
Old 03-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Thats my goal. Im gonna be able to take a Cobra when Im done modding...in a couple of years.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Maybe he was a KB car with electric cutouts.
I hope not considering cutouts actually kill power for Cobras.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:39 PM
10 Second Club

whats up unit? i'm looking for 9.6 9.7's this year. next year the 8's will start comming closer to me how's the ride running? if i know you stronger and stronger.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mike c.
whats up unit? i'm looking for 9.6 9.7's this year. next year the 8's will start comming closer to me how's the ride running? if i know you stronger and stronger.
Whoa...I don't have anything for your ride if you're running that fast.
Remember that my car is purely a daily driven street car...even
in the snow. There aren't too many 8 and 9 second cars driven
in the Michigan winter. I'm expecting to do really well this spring
though. I'll PM you when I get some new times.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Second Club

no winter driving here. 10.2's last year and with new mods i feel the 9's will come easy. next year a ls2 402 w/all new heads,cam and a direct port will come.i'll never hit the 8's,but i'll get closer.keep me posted on new times,those cobras are nasty.goodluck to ya bro. mike c.

Last edited by mike c.; 03-25-2006 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02NBMSLPSS
Left work on Saturday night, spotted an srt neon, wasnt going to race him, but he was provoking the situation so i figured what the heck never raced one before. Light turned green before we could make it to the light went from a 10mph roll probably took him by two cars or so. Next race from a dead stop, neck and neck till second put about 2 cars on him. I could tell he had a blow off valve but who knows what else. Cool little cars, wish I could afford another toy
I would get one for my winter vehicle. Feeling good about the kill, was on the expressway headin home when I pass a 03-04 cobra, he didn't hesistate one bit
to start a race. I could tell he had exhaust and I knew it probably wasn't going to be pretty but I thought ok. I downshifted into 2nd and hammered it, he stayed on the side of me like he wasn't even trying. Then all of the sudden i hear his car get loud and he took off like a bat out of hell. I would say he put about 2 bus lengths on me. I had my 300lb. buddy with me but i know that really wouldn't of mattered anyway. All i have to say is, its time to start modding.
In your sig , what is HID kit ?
Old 03-28-2006, 03:17 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

I can see it now, just reading you guys running 9's and better, my Cobra is going to turn into a no ac, mini tubbed, auto twin turbo track only car. I can see it already. Then I will still have a $500 payment. I gotta get a grip. Off topic I know!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
I can see it now, just reading you guys running 9's and better, my Cobra is going to turn into a no ac, mini tubbed, auto twin turbo track only car. I can see it already. Then I will still have a $500 payment. I gotta get a grip. Off topic I know!
yea its so true though, once you start modding its like crack, you cant stop. Thats why you see so many heavily modded cars for sale on this site, people just go to far and forget their goals and end up being unhappy with the results.