Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Silvy hangs with RX-8

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Silvy hangs with RX-8

So I was cruising along with my buddy in the truck with me and we were out to find something to kill...I happen to see a car up ahead and decided I'd check it out.

I roll up to the light and it is a red RX-8. I put her in 4hi and stalled it up a couple times. He looks over and I see him playing with his shifter .Light goes grenn, I launch, he doesnt(lil bitch!) I let off an stay at about 30 and he starts coming up on me and I am hoping he will pace next to me, but he does the flyby . I wood it when he is just past my bumper and he is pulling away to about 4 lengths before we caught another red light.

I'm thinking, ok you ***** race me from a dig, I stall, I launch, nothing.... so he tries this flyby again an this time I wood it when he is at my back bumper.... through first gear, and second gear at about 75 he shifts into third and his car lurches, them barely pulls to one rx-8 length by 100. I give him the flyby and take it up to about 130 and let off and slow to 70. I then see his lights rippin up and he blows past me at about 120 and I foloow him and catch up(because he let off and was taking the same exit as I. Then he flashed his hazards.....WTF Are you gay dude?

I pull up next to him at the stop sign and said to him " hey, arent those supposed to be fast? you damn near got owned by a truck." He then gave the excuse that it only had 400 mi on it and he wasnt running wot.

I have never seen a car lurching on shifts and stuggling and whining like that. I hope he puts it up for sale tomorrow, lil bitch.

BTW my buddy said that it was an awesome ******* race and he had no idea my truck was as quik as it was. I wish I had the god damn camera with me becaus ethat would have been cool to have that vid!

I know my 15 second truck is nothin special, but damn!
Old 03-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Staging Lane

The only thing I see wrong with this kill is that you asked if RX-8's were supposed to be fast. You thought wrong, RX-8's are slow as ****, except at a track. But I would doubt your truck should be able to hang with one. Unless that dude sucked ***** at driving.
Old 03-25-2006, 12:27 PM
On The Tree

Hey man, I have no reason to lie. I wish I would have brough my camera last night. I hung with him until close to the top of my 2nd gear, which is about 85 miles and hour. I think he was at the top of second also in started to pull ahead before his shift, then the car lurched when it shifted and he slowly walked away. 3rd in these trucks sucks *** for some reason, I dont know if just not enough power or if its the ratio or a combo of both, hahaha, but even with the TC the rpm's dont drop as much and it helps a little....but they just fall on their face until about 5200 in 3rd, then it opens up a little again.
Old 03-25-2006, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

i have a time slip from the track of when i lined up next to one....i killllllled him....he ran a low 15....no joke!!! i ran a 12 somthing without spray =) if i can find it i will post it up here
Old 03-25-2006, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Right on dude!

The reason I THOUGHT they were quick is because I was b/sin with this guy at an autoglass place who had one and he was really talking it up and saying how he walks away from cars and they go thru like 4 gears and he is in 2nd or 3rd.

Guess I should have asked him if he wanted to run it! mabye next time...
Old 03-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by markp03
i have a time slip from the track of when i lined up next to one....i killllllled him....he ran a low 15....no joke!!!
Are you serious? Thats it?

Ohhh wait till i see one of them cocky business boys in an Rx8 on the highway give me the, "im better that you cause im driving brand new ****" look, I will have no mercy.
Old 03-25-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

well rotary motors with somewhat decent HP but absolutely abysmal torque. Very light car but you have to have something.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:31 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

RX-8's with a DAMN GOOD DRIVER can hit mid/low 14's. On avg, its high 14's/low 15's.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:11 AM
On The Tree

That sounds about right for me then, bc I was running him full wieght and held 2nd till 90. Where as my track time was with stock 16's, some weight reduction, but it was shifting into 3rd at the 1000 ft mark, if I would have manually shifted it and held 2nd longer, I could have probably ran a 14.85 or so. We'll see tomarrow! if the track is open I'm going and will run full weight with heavy *** SS wheels on.