Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

killed my chances of a good street race

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default killed my chances of a good street race

so with my vert i got alot of races well b/c it was a vert and people didnt think much

but now i have a 99 ss with ALOT already on the car and jeez i cant get a race for the life of me

i mean the cam doesnt lope THAT much
Old 03-28-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just tell em it's a bad plug (or 2) and it'll be an easy win for them
Old 03-28-2006, 10:41 PM
12 Second Club

I hang out with some guys around town. Very few fast (12-13 sec cars) around. When I first got the car it was easy to get a run cause most import people around here see camaro or firebird and say "old american POS", then they get . Just wait until you get a reputation for mutilating just about anything with four wheels. I hardly ever get a race now, and for an LS1, I'm not tooooo fast. I've only been beaten by 2 cars, and both of them were LS1's!! haha
Old 03-29-2006, 12:08 AM
12 Second Club

when my car was stock i got lots of races, but after the headers people don't seam interested, i've only lost on the street twice, once to a 600rwhp Kb cobra, and then to a 600cc crotch rocket. latley the only things that want to race me are big *** trucks. i am hopeing to use the bad plug excusse by this summer.
Old 04-10-2006, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

ill run you.... again... have a couple of new mods on my car... nothing much
Old 04-10-2006, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

hardly anyone will race me cause my car is soo damn loud....people with modded cars will race me but no mustangs or stock cars who "think" they are fast =( AKA i never get random races, I always have to set them up.

stupid loud exhaust and lopey cam
Old 04-10-2006, 11:34 PM
Staging Lane

same here. i ran with no badges for awhile but the car was to loud. the other night some guys i was racing asked wat i had done to it and my response was full exhaust that needs to be tuned. i thought it was the funniest thing cuz they beleived me. and the other day i ran into a c6 and i guess my cammed true dual ls1 car sounds like **** and i need to get a real exhaust according to that guy. but then again wen i flashed 300 dollars in his face to see if he would run he just shut his mouth and turned. some people are so dam arogant and stupid it bugs the hell out of me.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sprung_monkey
so with my vert i got alot of races well b/c it was a vert and people didnt think much

but now i have a 99 ss with ALOT already on the car and jeez i cant get a race for the life of me

i mean the cam doesnt lope THAT much
wish i lived near ya....im just exhaust/lid/and a big blue bottle....i had a boy ask me to run the other night...he had h/c/exhaust/tune..told him i was stock but i would still give it a shot..after i walked him he wasnt to happy...lol...oh well no money on the race so no reason to get bent...i knew hed say no if i told him i had the laughing gas
Old 04-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Staging Lane

My problem is I live in an area where many people my age will race only problem is the cars are either slow and kicking there *** isn't fun or they are low 12s no middle ground. Damn Rich kids.