Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why do Eclipses even try???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why do Eclipses even try???

I was cruising down the highway in my '97 WS6 and this '98 Eclipse flies past me in the right lane. It had the fart can, the carbonfiber hood, the windshield decal, and the whole nine yards... So, I figured he would be a good leader car to follow. I catch up to him within the second and he noticed me behind him. So, he punched it and tried to lose me (I saw his back-end drop so I figured he stepped on it pretty good). So, in good sport, I dropped it in 4th and punched it too, to keep up with him. Well, I HAD TO SLAM THE BRAKES BECAUSE HE WAS SO SLOW! I nearly rear ended him! So, at the next opportunity, I jumped in an open lane and passed him... and just kept going. I wasn't going to waste anymore time eating rice that day. Why do they even try against us F-Bodies?
Old 03-29-2006, 12:01 AM
Teching In

Yeah i agree, its either the eclipses or the integras, Every time im out just drivin around mindin my business they always show up and try to start somethin. Frankly, its not worth the ticket.Im sorry, but im pretty sure my 5.7l is gonna kill a fart canned 1.2l. lol
Old 03-29-2006, 12:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula57
Frankly, its not worth the ticket.Im sorry, but im pretty sure my 5.7l is gonna kill a fart canned 1.2l. lol
No way, them 1.4's and 1.6's and 2.0's are serious performance machines ( ), and should be smoked with caution. Its your fault if you run into the back of them.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

im suprised the import trolls havnt responded with a classic>>>>>>> "my friend has one running 11's with 1million psi turbo"
Old 03-29-2006, 04:19 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMmexican
im suprised the import trolls havnt responded with a classic>>>>>>> "my friend has one running 11's with 1million psi turbo"
It was def. slow but not all Eclipses are slow. I wouldn't really say they "are a waste of gas."
Old 03-29-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's a waste of gas when you try and run up against something with a motor nearly 4 times as big... The eclipse should've saw that coming...
Old 03-29-2006, 07:41 AM
Staging Lane

Here we go, my motor is bigger than yours, I win.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:00 AM
TECH Resident

Its all because of FAst and Furious made them think imports can easily run 10's !
Old 03-29-2006, 08:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ls1mongrel
Its all because of FAst and Furious made them think imports can easily run 10's !
Old 03-29-2006, 09:11 AM
Launching!

There are a few eclipses out there that can blow the doors off almost everyone on this forum. Shepard runs 7s on that little 2.0L. Hope you don't run into him on the street.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cgillies86
There are a few eclipses out there that can blow the doors off almost everyone on this forum. Shepard runs 7s on that little 2.0L. Hope you don't run into him on the street.
It would be more likely to run into a 10 second DSM on the street than Shep himself.

We're slow. Really slow. Wanna race for 100$?

Old 03-29-2006, 10:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by XakEp
It would be more likely to run into a 10 second DSM on the street than Shep himself.
I know, I was just trying to get a point across. I just think we are a little to cocky towards other cars.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Regular

I had a Talon that was ok but some of my closest races were against Gen I Eclipses and Talons. Done right with AWD, they can be a handful. Of course, this doesn't count for the N/A cars at all. Starting out the post the way ya did sdm1234, is like a quick Import running up against a V-6 F-Bod and lumping ALL F-Bods in the same basket. It just ain't so.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:58 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by sdm1234
It's a waste of gas when you try and run up against something with a motor nearly 4 times as big... The eclipse should've saw that coming...
i normally dont make posts like this but i have to this time, that is one of the dumbest comments i have ever heard.... motor size has nothing to do with how fast a car can be... there are lots of 4 banger cars making lots more power then you, then me, and most of this board....so just to assume that its a waste of gas for you to race a car like that is dumb, one of the fastest 4 banger cars i have seen was a beat up crx, dented, looked like ****... out ran a vet with head/cam package with n20, all im tryin to say is dont assume how fast a car is you might just end up looking like a jackass.... btw nice kill
Old 03-29-2006, 12:31 PM
10 Second Club

I dont understand them. Everytime I see one with a carbon fiber hood I'm like "whoah man, who painted that hood! Thats sick!",
"Its carbon fiber", "Huh?"

haha
Old 03-29-2006, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by diambo4life
It was def. slow but not all Eclipses are slow. I wouldn't really say they "are a waste of gas."
I agree, and its not the riced out dsms you have to worry about, its the stock looking ones.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
Teching In

I was cruising down the highway in my '97 WS6 and this '98 Eclipse flies past me in the right lane. It had the fart can, the carbonfiber hood, the windshield decal, and the whole nine yards... So, I figured he would be a good leader car to follow. I catch up to him within the second and he noticed me behind him. So, he punched it and tried to lose me (I saw his back-end drop so I figured he stepped on it pretty good). So, in good sport, I dropped it in 4th and punched it too, to keep up with him. Well, I HAD TO SLAM THE BRAKES BECAUSE HE WAS SO SLOW! I nearly rear ended him! So, at the next opportunity, I jumped in an open lane and passed him... and just kept going. I wasn't going to waste anymore time eating rice that day. Why do they even try against us F-Bodies?
3 Reasons:
1-It was probably the fastest thing he's ever driven.
2-Could've been NA thinking he was cool just because it's an eclipse.
3.Just didn't care(that's where i fit in, i will race anything any time, I'm not afraid to get smoked as long as I get to see how fast their car is).

I'd have to say that most of u ls1 guys know what your talking about, but some people just need to wake the **** up and realize that every sport compact is not rice.Honestly who on here has never raced something knowing u will get beat, just to see where your car really fits in? BTW, nice kill, I'm not hating because u won, just your attitude.

Last edited by BoOsTeDeAgLe; 03-29-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

I used to think the same way you guys did. No point in even trying. Then I decided to put exhaust and up the boost on my puny 90 Laser (same as Eclipse) to see just how pathetic it was. I raced by buddies 97 Z with just bolt ons from a 45 roll up to about 120 we were right next to each other. That was 4 years ago I know have owned many DSM's and love them to death. I used to try and prove that they can be fast little cars, but some people just don't want to see it. IMO those are the best people to beat becasue they always have some laughable excuse.

Good kill, but there is always someone faster.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Teching In

if either of you is a ricer i'd have to say it was you. who the **** trys to race someone from behind them? why even waste your time doing that? not only is it retardedly dangerous but it proves/accomplishes nothing. thats a damn nice looking trans am you got..be smart and don't **** that **** up.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

99.9% Of Them Are Slow Period