Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Killed an LS2 GTO :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 10:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StormSigma
Wow, and here's someone with TWO posts trying to talk baseless smack.

Well, I guess I better go make a couple posts in the tech section so I can come back and try that ignorant old "Well I have more posts than you, so I'm obviously superior" approach that Wesman is trying.
Wow, a complete dick on the ls2 site and the same here. But gee, thanks for chimimg in. Now go away.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by moto13
Wow, a complete dick on the ls2 site and the same here. But gee, thanks for chimimg in. Now go away.
I'm a complete dick? For merely pointing out that Wesman was completely out of line?

Maybe one day you should look into getting your ignorance problem corrected.

It's only going to make life harder for you.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:22 AM
Teching In

This whole "race" scenario makes NOOOO sense. They run light to light(very very short race)-he(SUBY) can see the GTO not making ground and and lets off at 60. This is LESS than 5-6 seconds for a GTO(60mph) with almost any kind of driver, and in that short time he can look where he is going, shut down, not kill anyone, and have the where with all to SEE the GTO is 2 lengths back and letting off. Complete BS.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Teching In

This whole "race" scenario makes NOOOO sense. They run light to light(very very short race)-he(SUBY) can see the GTO not making ground and and lets off at 60. This is LESS than 5-6 seconds for a GTO(60mph) with almost any kind of driver, and in that short time he can look where he is going, shut down, not kill anyone, and have the where with all to SEE the GTO is 2 lengths back and letting off. Complete BS.
Actually, what the scenerio suggests is that the driver of the GTO is apparently either a poor driver, or that he's a new driver unskilled at launching a RWD V8 car equipped with IRS. Not only that, but none of us know what traffic was like on that road. I've had PLENTY of races in my GTO thus far where we both got to like 60-65 mph and had to shut down because we came up on traffic.

If the GTO floundered off the line, and the kid put car lengths on it, then had to shut down, then that win is valid. After all, since when is there a set length of distance that a "race" must run on the street in order to be valid?

Wesman's claim that "well of COURSE you got ahead, you have AWD, ricer ***!" was out of line, which is why I responded.

P.S. I have to respectfully disagree that "almost any driver" could cut a less than five second 0-60 time in a GTO. Again, that IRS makes a good launch a skilled driver's accomplishment. I have seen and heard of '05 GTO's running 14.1 in the quarter. Remember, a good driver in a slower car can and will beat a poor driver in a faster car.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:56 AM
Teching In

I have run a few cars with my GTO and just never got even close to being hammered like that. From light to light? By a Legacy? Maybe in the rain it would happen. That's why I question that a race even took place. I said 5-6 seconds btw. In a GTO this is not hard to do. No doubt, ANYONE can be beat, given the right scenario. But, this just smells bad. Hey BTW, sorry about the name calling on my part. That was just stupid. I apologize.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Teching In

I have run a few cars with my GTO and just never got even close to being hammered like that. From light to light? By a Legacy? Maybe in the rain it would happen. That's why I question that a race even took place. I said 5-6 seconds btw. In a GTO this is not hard to do. No doubt, ANYONE can be beat, given the right scenario. But, this just smells bad. Hey BTW, sorry about the name calling on my part. That was just stupid. I apologize.
Hey man, it's ok. This IS the internet after all.

You did hit on one point though, when you said that you've never gotten close to being hammered.

I think this whole thread would have been more...well, cooled out for one, if everyone who jumped in raging with "NO WAY a Legacy would ever win!" had said instead "Well, Velocity, you're lucky you ran into a GTO owner who didn't have full command of his car as yet, because if you'd run me, it might have been a different story!"

I think that's probably where a lot of people get derailed, when you consider that it's a fair assumption to make that most people on this site, you, me, Wesman, whoeever, are car enthusiasts and that we can drive our cars pretty well. However, we are only part of the population of GTO, Corvette, F-body, etc. owners. There are plenty of people out there who have nice cars who can't drive 'em for ****, and those are usually the guys who get beat by what are obviously slower cars.

Personally, I just respect Velocity for openly saying "I know the guy would have been able to catch up to me and fly by because of course the GTO is faster than my car, but we shut down before that happened." To me, that says he knows what his car can and can't do.

I respect that. All too many REAL "ricers" out there who would have taken this story and used it to claim that they could beat any GTO at all.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Launching!

I completely agree with StormSigma. The knowledge is strong with this one. I apologize to Velocity for this thread turning out the way it has. See if anyone calls BS on this: I got behind an 03 Cobra(mods-pulley, chip, magnaflow exhaust, CAI, tune, and race gas) in my 02 SS M6-stock-(after I learned to drive it well) and we were going about 30. I was in first gear and we were coming around a curve. I had two passengers with me and the Cobra had none. We hit a straight away and I nailed it to pass and then the cobra nailed it. I got beside it and stayed neck-and-neck with it till 115 then it started walking away quickly. Now, someone call BS and I'll tell you why it REALLY happened.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mach1_Marauder
wow a fast gto? say it aint so
Old 04-12-2006, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustAnIlluzion
wow a fast gto? say it aint so
GTOs are pretty slow in comparison to their other LSx brothers but its still got a vette engine so it cant be that slow, surely not slower than the Legacy if they race had gone on for more than 10second
Old 04-12-2006, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sciff5
GTOs are pretty slow in comparison to their other LSx brothers but its still got a vette engine so it cant be that slow, surely not slower than the Legacy if they race had gone on for more than 10second
GTO's slow? In comparison to what!? Ever drive one? Wow, that's a strange staement. I have raced several F bodied cars at Great Lakes Dragaway, as well as my friends Trans Am just on the road goofing around, never lost to one yet-stock for stock. If my GTO is slow, your creeky F Body's must...forget it.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GTO's slow? In comparison to what!? Ever drive one? Wow, that's a strange staement. I have raced several F bodied cars at Great Lakes Dragaway, as well as my friends Trans Am just on the road goofing around, never lost to one yet-stock for stock. If my GTO is slow, your creeky F Body's must...forget it.
Well I shouldent say slow your right but if you run one from a dig on the street usually they arent that quick. Now not because they cant be but because they one are heavy as hell, but more importantly 2 all the gto owners I know running stock tire width street tires cant get grip worth their life.

I am sure with slicks at a track things are much different.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fastta
Wow, who pissed in your wheaties?? Starting to get mad at yourself Wes beacuse you know you have backed yourself into a hole?? That's the beautiful thing about bench racers such as yourself. You can only regurgitate so much car mag information to a point and then reality bitch slaps you.

Velocity never just outright claimed victory, he simply stated the he won twice on the dig and through a couple of gears. He even took the time to include some nice little smilies to show a little humor and made a few specific comments obviously indicating that he was fully aware that had the race gone on through the gears, he would have no doubt lost. It seems this has escaped you Wes.

Do you even have your driver's license Wes? I don't see a ride in your sig.
I didn't know it was a requirement to post your ride in your sig. I didn't post it there, get over it. And yes, I have my drivers license you toolbag

First you say he never "outright claimed victory", yet you say he "simply stated he won". Last time I check those two statements meant the same thing genius. How is anyone "bench racing"?? We're not talking about a couple tenths of a few HP here, we're taking 150+ HP and a full second and a half difference in the 1/4 mile. Thats a damn big difference, and had the race lasted longer than 100ft, the GTO would have walked all over the Subie like it was standing still.

Nothing "escaped" me either, I posted this in my last response, learn to read:

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
The author claims to have "raced" an LS2 GTO, his car being a Subaru Legacy GT got the launch by 2 cars because of the AWD launch, and then both drivers shut down and he claimed victory. The author himself admitted this. What I'm saying is that I think thats ricer ****, launching hard with AWD and then claiming immediate victory based on a 2 car lead is ricer ****. Thats my opinion, and I honestly don't give a flying **** what you think about it.
Originally Posted by Stormsigma
Which is great. We both don't care what the other thinks. Outstanding. And actually, here's the bottom line. I think it would be best for you to "shut the **** up". I'm not coming in acting like I own anything, I'm merely making you look stupid with a little common sense. That you seem to think you can attempt to give me orders just because I have a zero post count is asinine. Which is funny, because I don't even think you know what that word means. I can see that you're pissy about that, well that's a You problem, not a Me problem, lady. The ACTUAL bottom line is that you really need to stop being a benchracer.
You sound like a broken record, all you can say is "bench racing bench racing bench racing". Shut the hell up, you obviously can't back anything up, so you just keep regurgitating what you've already said. You're not making anyone but yourself look stupid, in fact you make all GTO owners look bad with your stupid comments and posts trying to stick up for ricers.

Originally Posted by Stormsigma
Personally, I just respect Velocity for openly saying "I know the guy would have been able to catch up to me and fly by because of course the GTO is faster than my car, but we shut down before that happened." To me, that says he knows what his car can and can't do.
Well thats where out opinions obviously differ. What Velocity did is akin to doing the ricer flyby. Get in the lead (either by an AWD launch or by flying up on someone when they are not expecting it), shut down immediately afterwards, not giving the other driver a chance to catch up, and then claim victory. Sorry, but thats freaking pathetic.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StormSigma
Just gotta love the ignorance of some people. Sorry again, Velocity. All these magazine racer GM baghounds really embarrass me.
It's no biggie. As soon as this happened, I knew that posting about it would stir up some ****

The key word in the previous sentence is "happened"... by the way

I also think it's absolutely hysterical that I'm being called a "ricer".

I've been a member of this board on this user account for almost two years, and probably three years before that under a different name. I've owned a '02 WS6, and I love what these cars can do - they're a blast to drive. Now, all of a sudden, I'm a "stupid ricer" according to a silly bench-racing noob simply because I own an import that happened to beat a faster car in a race. I think it's hilarious, honestly
Old 04-12-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Velocity
It's no biggie. As soon as this happened, I knew that posting about it would stir up some ****

The key word in the previous sentence is "happened"... by the way

I also think it's absolutely hysterical that I'm being called a "ricer".

I've been a member of this board on this user account for almost two years, and probably three years before that under a different name. I've owned a '02 WS6, and I love what these cars can do - they're a blast to drive. Now, all of a sudden, I'm a "stupid ricer" according to a silly bench-racing noob simply because I own an import that happened to beat a faster car in a race. I think it's hilarious, honestly
No, you're hilarious, honestly. The only reason you posted this thread was to stir up controversy, and it looks like its worked. You didn't beat a faster car in a race, launching hard and shutting down immediately isn't considered a race. Maybe in the ricer handbook, but not to any respectable person with common sense. Then again, you do drive a scooby doo legacy, is suppose that would explain it

I also love how Stormsigma keeps apologizing to you like he's your little bitch or something
Old 04-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

LOL...

Alright, and now for the moron of the thread...

This will be fun.

Considering the fact that you're comparing a Subaru Legacy GT with a V6 Honda Accord, I'd say that's grounds enough for me to tell you that you are way, way, way out of your element.

A V6 Honda Accord is basically a 15 second car, trapping in the high 80s.

A Subaru Legacy GT can clip a high 13. My trim level, the spec.B, was recently clocked at 13.7@ 99.

Nice comparo though...

Apparently, the truth of this thread is a little too much for a bench racing noobie to take. Not sure why this is a blow to his pride, but it's clear this somehow hits home with him.

I wonder if Wesman is aware that its possible for a car to trap slower, yet win a race. Is it possible for a car to have a slower 0-60 time, yet still be ahead at the point in time it hits 60? Why yes, yes sir it is. Imagine that.

So in other words, despite the fact that the GTO reaches 60 mph before I do, it is entirely possible, that he could still be behind me at that point - assuming I got off the line better than he did. That concept, considering I have AWD and he doesn't, is not at all hard to believe... unless your perceptions are somehow skewed by your emotions and pride - as appears to be the case here.

Ha! So true Velocity! I ran my SS in Ennis in the 1/8th ( -*** wind) against a Lancer Evo MR. Now, if you know anything about those, they are Evo's with no power options, A/C, PS, etc. He got me off the line of course. Guess who won? He did! His 8.7 to my 8.9. Guess what he trapped? 84! SO DID I! Imagine that! Was I catching him after I stopped the wheels from boiling in 2nd? You bet your *** I was, and fast! It's possible.

You -rods that don't believe this I really hope you get all butthurt when a "little ol'e" 4-banger turbo car wipes the floor with your *** and kicks it for not getting up in the corners because it HAPPENS! Will you catch him? Of course! AWD will ALWAYS pull you out of the hole unless you are at the track on DRs or that hook really well on the street. Get a grip on reality you homos!

Blake
Old 04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by I <3 80057

You -rods that don't believe this I really hope you get all butthurt when a "little ol'e" 4-banger turbo car wipes the floor with your *** and kicks it for not getting up in the corners because it HAPPENS! Get a grip on reality you homos!
This guy can't be serious.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

By the way... any of you GTO owners near Detroit?

I enjoy races of all kinds. Since the consensus here seems to be that had I been going against a GTO driver who was a capable driver, I wouldn't have even gotten the jump... I'd love to see if that's true. Not because I'm a cocky *** hole who wants to win so I can say "MaH TuRbO GoESS Ssssssssssssssss-PSH! and U JuSt GoT PWNED!" ... but just because I like to race and wouldn't mind finding some better competition.

I'd love to hit up a drag strip with any of you... show you how I can get the advantage on you out of the hole... and then watch you zoom past me by the time you grab 3rd...
Old 04-12-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wesman, let's leave it at this.

What kind of car do you drive, and where do you want to run?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Wesmanw02
This guy can't be serious.
I bet you eat tofu sandwitches, do yoga, and watch the Oxygen Channel at the same time everyday don't you?
Old 04-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Launching!

Wesman, let's leave it at this.

What kind of car do you drive, and where do you want to run?
Do I smell a Callout in the making?

Quick Reply: Killed an LS2 GTO :)