Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Death of a (Nissan) 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 130 Likes on 78 Posts

Default Death of a (Nissan) 350Z

There he was, sitting beside me in his bright red Nissan 350Z as the stoplight stared at each of us with its’ restricting red eye. I glanced over at his weapon of choice, the morning sun glistening off the heavy ArmorAll on his tires. I turned my attention to the driver and saw him emulating the F15 pilot as he so seemingly envisioned himself, adjusting his sunglasses in lieu of the visor a jet fighter pilot might similarly position. The visage of his face reminded me of the cocksure CIA assassins portrayed in film, always looking ahead, never acknowledging his intended victim, no.. that would convey worthiness to his prey. I saw him confidently snick the gear selector of his weapons grade transmission, his surety of the outcome evident with the Mona Lisa smile curling his soulless lips. At last, the light changed. We both took the 90 degree left turn onto the freeway feeder, keeping apace with each other till the killing fields of the straightaway appeared before us. He began his assault.... A turbine-like scream emitted from the demon under his hood, but alas, his effort fell short as the Z28’s 383 took it’s breath and shouted Borlas lyrics in full voice. Each gear the A4 Z28 selected ripped thru the 350Z pilots ego with the effect of a 9mm hollow point. As the 350Z stumbled and gasped to the side of the road, mutilated beyond recongition, I looked in the rear view and smiled…….

David K. Wilson

'94 Z28 383 LT1 A4 2800 vigilante 3.42
Old 04-29-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL nice killl.. And very vivid and detailed story..
Old 04-29-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So..............................Did you win?
Old 04-29-2006, 10:48 AM
Staging Lane

Great kill. I've never been a fan of the 350Z. Only Nissan's I've ever raced were the G35's. Those were some pretty good kills too imo
Old 04-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

9mm's make small holes. You havent lived until you've fired a .44 or larger PS. My stock LT1 pulled back to the bumper of a 350Z from 40-90 when he jumped me in my dead zone from 2 cars ahead of me back when they were new (I think he was auto and he did have a passenger) but still...jump AND dead zone.... GOOD KILL!
Old 04-29-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Getav8
So..............................Did you win?
Lol... sure did. He pulled off to the side of the road rather than pull up to me after I got to 120mph and then shut down to 65 again. You know how it can be. Some guys come back up beside you after a kill and give you a thumbs up. Others will either turn off or just pull off to the side of the road because they're embarrassed or something like that....
Old 04-29-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Regular

I've read a lot of racing stories on all different types of forums, but none so worthy of a Pulitzer as yours!
good kill.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mystic 98 TA
I've read a lot of racing stories on all different types of forums, but none so worthy of a Pulitzer as yours!
good kill.
Thanks!
Old 04-29-2006, 11:41 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry about that. Infiniti G-35. I can't remember the nissan model.
Originally Posted by mightyquickz28
Some guys come back up beside you after a kill and give you a thumbs up.
I do after every time I'm killed. I have a next to stock tC. I'm surprised by the ability of that car though, I have killed as much as I have been killed and I race EVERY chance I get. The 01 - 02 stock mustangs I can kill all the way up to 50 or 60; at which point I've got to rely on handling and drafting. I've beaten all the ricer's I've ever come up to on all speeds. Killed 2 Infiniti G-35 in freeway races, no drafting; 3 Monte Carlo's from a stand still, one of which was an SS; 1 Berreta on the freeway; also have 3 BMW's under my belt, 2 freeway and 1 standstill; and the afo mentioned nissan.

I've been killed by alot though. 2 Vettes, freeway; 1 Camaro, standstill; 3 Porche, freeway; 1 Viper, freeway; 1 ferrari, freeway; 4 BMW's, 2 freeway and 2 standstill; 3 foxbody 5.0 mustangs all on the freeway; and 1 Cobra on the freeway.. EDIT: forgot to mention the Mercedes CLK AMG 55, I kept up until about 40, he still had me at about 3 car lengths though.

All but four of those races were in California. One mustang, the Mercedes and the Camaro were in Wisconsin. One of the BMW's that beat me were when I was traveling cross country. We probably raced for about 250 miles. We pulled off regularly to gas up, that **** was fun as hell.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

nice kill, what was the 350z thinking?
Old 04-29-2006, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Silly 350Z's, rear drive is for V8's.

Good kill... and nice writing skills by the way.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:30 PM
12 Second Club

I'm in total awe. Nice kill .
Old 04-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Devil Dog, OohRah!

Originally Posted by stevespewterZ
Old 05-01-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by tCTech

I do after every time I'm killed. I have a next to stock tC. I'm surprised by the ability of that car though, I have killed as much as I have been killed and I race EVERY chance I get. The 01 - 02 stock mustangs I can kill all the way up to 50 or 60; at which point I've got to rely on handling and drafting. I've beaten all the ricer's I've ever come up to on all speeds. Killed 2 Infiniti G-35 in freeway races, no drafting; 3 Monte Carlo's from a stand still, one of which was an SS; 1 Berreta on the freeway; also have 3 BMW's under my belt, 2 freeway and 1 standstill; and the afo mentioned nissan.

I've been killed by alot though. 2 Vettes, freeway; 1 Camaro, standstill; 3 Porche, freeway; 1 Viper, freeway; 1 ferrari, freeway; 4 BMW's, 2 freeway and 2 standstill; 3 foxbody 5.0 mustangs all on the freeway; and 1 Cobra on the freeway.. EDIT: forgot to mention the Mercedes CLK AMG 55, I kept up until about 40, he still had me at about 3 car lengths though.

All but four of those races were in California. One mustang, the Mercedes and the Camaro were in Wisconsin. One of the BMW's that beat me were when I was traveling cross country. We probably raced for about 250 miles. We pulled off regularly to gas up, that **** was fun as hell.
You raced a Beretta?
Old 05-01-2006, 01:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by tCTech

Props for racing the Viper, that must have been funny!

Mightyquick: great story, I love your writing style
Old 05-01-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whatever you're taking, I NEED SOME!

Good story and kill.

Jim
Old 05-03-2006, 03:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Iron Sights
You raced a Beretta?
Yea, you know, Chevy type, 2 door, pace car between '92 to '95 I think. Just didn't get to race the 6 cylinder, only the 4 cylinder. Quick little ***** I'll tell you that though. Or did I get the model name wrong?

Originally Posted by Formula_X
Props for racing the Viper, that must have been funny!
You don't even know the half of it. I was on the freeway midning my own when I see two car's drift onto the freeway in my rearview. One was the viper and the other was some riced up civic; just cosmetic mods. You could hear the turbo under the hood of that thing going 100 mph. I figured why not, I was already going 90 at it looked like the guy in the viper was getting bored playing with this kid only going from 95-100. I pulled up next to this dude and just gave props, he punched it hard. The kid in the civic had no chance, didn't know what he was playing with. Viper left me in the dust untill he hit his governor at 165-170, sorry to say but I did a fly by on him going about 175-180, that was the slowest real in I ever did. He probably had 8 or 9 bus lengths on me. My car was swetting hard though, screaming at about 6500-7000 rpms; beyond red lining it. It came down to who could out meneuver who in the traffic going that fast. He DEFINATELY had me, it was a newer model viper. Almost every meneuver I was drifting past cars, I had to think where I was planning almost 5 turns ahead just to pretend to keep up.

Turned out this guy got off on the same exit I needed to at camp pendleton. He smoked me by about half an hour though. I saw him at the grociery store, we talked for a while, he was just cruising the freeway looking for people to play with. He just got new cams, new twin turbo's, a 120 wetshot, and I can't even remember the list. It just went on and on and on. I didn't have a clue nore a chance, he was just taking it easy on me. Like a sunday drive or something.
Old 05-03-2006, 06:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevespewterZ

Good kill... and nice writing skills by the way.
Have you ever driven one? It's a nice car. I want to see more power under the hood. I've been reading a v8 for the g35, not sure whan plans they have for the 350z.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

the 350z dont need v8s.. the 350z have a huge aftermarket and a huge turbo market. their are alot of them running 4-500 rwhp.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:31 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Iron Sights
You raced a Beretta?
If you like lining up with Beretta's, watch out for the converted one with C5 running gear. He posts his updates in the conversion forum.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/452309-corbretta-born.html

That would be a surprise and I would love to read the story of that race. Nice literary work by the way. I enjoyed it.