Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

porsche carrera??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default porsche carrera??

so the other day i was on my way back home from a friends and were just gettin out of the city where it turns back into the expressway and coming into a hard left i get cut off by a porsche carrera...

so i catch him by the next right, by now were doin about 95 around and tight curve for the e-way where the speed limit is 45 cause it hasn't fully opened up yet.

hes right in front of me slows down to around 60 with cars in the right hand lane and then when the opening comes instead of moving over to get side by side he just drops it down and moves over so i drop it down just playin thinkin he'll blow me away right??

well that was wrong once i dropped it down in second it held the 3 cars behind him steady then at 88 when my car hits 3rd i started to pull him by 115-120 i was at his door and the inside of his cab lights up from a radar detector we both nail the breaks and he took the exit and i went to the next one.

should this have happened??/ shouldn't the 60 grand car have blown me away???
Old 05-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Teching In

my friend in a 300zx TT beat a carrera 4s from a 45 roll in his Z so its not the unbeleivable. From a dig the porsche would have got him b/c i think they are AWD. I was behind him and the porsche guy and my friend did not beleive it.. he pulled a car on him....i beleive if it was a base carrera u should have got him
Old 05-03-2006, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

i thought all carrera's were turbo
Old 05-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Staging Lane

That was a straight up carrera right? Not one of the 911 models I hope. There's about a 200 hp diff.

I was checking one of those things out in california on the freeway. Just raping the hell out of that thing with my eyeballs you know. He knew, his passenger knew it, Me and the three other ppl in my car knew it. I just went about my business and set back into cruise at about 85 when this guy suddenly hit's his brakes. Nothing but white smoke circle my car. This dude pulled around behind me and proceeded to lay rubber in almost an entire circle around my ***. I was thoroughly impressed by the power of that thing to say the least. I appreciated the show from this guy.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by tCTech
That was a straight up carrera right? Not one of the 911 models I hope. There's about a 200 hp diff.
WTF???

A Carrera is a 911 or vice versa for the most part. There's far too many variants though.

There's Carrera 2's which are n/a rwd, Carrera 4's which are n/a 4wd, there's Carrera S which are more souped up versions there are turbo's there are GT variants, there's an inflatable version and one with booster rockets.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/

The main exception would be the Carrera GT as it is not a 911.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
The main exception would be the Carrera GT as it is not a 911.
I keep forgetting that you guy's define the 911's with the carrera label. When it comes to the 911 carrera line I normally just call it C2 or C4 turbo; **** like that. I tend to leave out GT when talking about it. I gotta get out of that habbit. My mistake guy's. Sorry about that.
Old 05-04-2006, 07:22 AM
Staging Lane

it just said carrera on the back and he wasn't about to stop and talk, cause it looked like he wanted to kill me when all of a sudden i was back at his window
Old 05-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Teching In

Funny, I had a very similiar experience with a 911 Carrera S the other day coming home from a friends house! Guy cut me off, whipped around me, proceeded to weave and bob through traffic while I did as best I could to stay with him. As luck would have it, he caught a traffic light in the right lane, I pulled up next to him in the left lane, shouted over to him that he had a quick little car. Light goes green and we both dumped the clutch, did a little synchronized fishtailing, and were off side-by-side. I had issues with my second gear shift and had to double clutch and lost a little ground. Winding out third gear, he started to pull me slowly but steady. At this point we're up in triple digits and a wicked right hand turn is coming up, so I let off, but he took that turn with his foot still in it! I caught back up to him about a mile down the road, and he yells over "that was FUN." Yeah, whatever. BTW, I didn't have my bottle turned on, so I was running him with all motor. If I had the spray, it would have been a different story. That car weighs like 3100lbs and has 355hp, so I think I did a pretty good job of hanging with him in a stone age chassied Mustang!
Old 05-04-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Resident

I too was shocked when I raced a Carrera
https://ls1tech.com/forums/street-racing-kill-stories/487097-raced-carrera-4-a.html