Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

i love kids with daddys money

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 12:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
When your car is one day capable of reaching those speeds, in a NOT SOO LONG amount of time, then maybe you'd understand that it really isn't that big of a deal haveing a quick blast to 180, or higher. It'd be like you trying to hit 140 in your car.... woudln't take long would it?.....

Buddy,

I have hit 172 several times...on a track, did you read my sig? I have 2 very very capable vehicles. I have years of saddle time on bikes at the rack track that would wax almost any car on this board.

I am not preaching against stret racing. But doing 180 on a public road is stupid. Anyone thats defends goign that rate of speed on a public road is clueless.

I enjoy a blast from 0-80 or 100 just like everyone here, but at 180 you have no margin for error, and no matter how good you think you are, you aren't good enough at that speed.

I hope it works out man, I have just seen too many nasty accidents in my line of work.

Good for you.

I've pulled people out of cars dead, and alive man. Not too much you can do about it man....thats just the way it is.

Again, this is the Street racing section, if I want to feel guilty about speeding, or how I drive, i'll confide in my mother.

Thank you, come again.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10-4,

Be safe.

PS, your Mom tells me she disagrees too..

Ha! JK man.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:56 PM
Teching In

When your car is one day capable of reaching those speeds, in a NOT SOO LONG amount of time, then maybe you'd understand that it really isn't that big of a deal haveing a quick blast to 180, or higher. It'd be like you trying to hit 140 in your car.... woudln't take long would it?.....

Buddy,

I have hit 172 several times...on a track, did you read my sig? I have 2 very very capable vehicles. I have years of saddle time on bikes at the race track that would wax almost any car on this board.

I am not preaching against stret racing. But doing 180 on a public road is stupid. Anyone thats defends goign that rate of speed on a public road is clueless.

I enjoy a blast from 0-80 or 100 just like everyone here, but at 180 you have no margin for error, and no matter how good you think you are, you aren't good enough at that speed.

I hope it works out man, I have just seen too many nasty accidents in my line of work.
im in the army, death is in my line of work. i refuse to do 100 if there is other traffic. there is a smart way to blast to 180 or even 200+, they do it every day over in europe. im not to conserned about it. i have more things to worry about. not to mention how am i going to stretch the legs of my car? cant to it on a track.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

10-4,

Be safe.

PS, your Mom tells me she disagrees too..

Ha! JK man.
my moms hot. homo.

laterz
Old 05-12-2006, 02:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lets see full pics of this car, and with you in a pic of it. BS flag is being raised proud and high!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by slick1851
Lets see full pics of this car, and with you in a pic of it. BS flag is being raised proud and high!
here, let me raise it for you cause the pics are going to be hard to get. like i have said may times.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:17 PM
12 Second Club

I don't see why it's so hard to believe. I've got a friend in the Marines that has a modded SRT-10 and a brand new Gixxer 1000. She just resigned for another 4yrs and they gave her a $80k signing bonus. Young people in the armed service have the capability to make a lot of money, and that's all a 427 TT Camaro is, money.

Sounds like both cars were/are wicked! Nice run.
Old 05-12-2006, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

Hey - former Army myself. While I don't do those kinds of speed, evidently the consumer market has not chosen to speak about in any significant way to government related to the issue of topend speed. Automakers build cars capable of these speeds. You don't like it, talk to your senator or something and get some bill passed. Until then, drive your own way and quit trying to legislate morality in the absence of law.

If any of us has gone a mile over the speed limit, we've done wrong. How far over is up to government. The guy evidently survived his fun. He chooses to die at 180 either driving or flying - his funeral. If he's beside you and you take it up to 180 or get in the way....there's not much to do either way.

Nut or not, he's on the road and there's enough of us out there with drivers licenses that probably shouldn't have em - including me. Evidently, no one has decided to take mine away and I've never been at 180.....bet its some rush though!!!

Take care, be safe, watch out for yourself and those you love....about all you can do anytime your driving - no matter the speed.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93ChevExt5.7
Hey - former Army myself. While I don't do those kinds of speed, evidently the consumer market has not chosen to speak about in any significant way to government related to the issue of topend speed. Automakers build cars capable of these speeds. You don't like it, talk to your senator or something and get some bill passed. Until then, drive your own way and quit trying to legislate morality in the absence of law.

If any of us has gone a mile over the speed limit, we've done wrong. How far over is up to government. The guy evidently survived his fun. He chooses to die at 180 either driving or flying - his funeral. If he's beside you and you take it up to 180 or get in the way....there's not much to do either way.

Nut or not, he's on the road and there's enough of us out there with drivers licenses that probably shouldn't have em - including me. Evidently, no one has decided to take mine away and I've never been at 180.....bet its some rush though!!!

Take care, be safe, watch out for yourself and those you love....about all you can do anytime your driving - no matter the speed.
damn, pretty much says it all right there. i got my license taken away and ive never been that fast on the ground... if my car would go that fast i probly would tho. go ahead and say im a stupid kid. i know i am. but i am careful... i learn from my mistakes and am thankful that i lived through them TO learn from them. thats the name of the game. we bought fast cars to go fast in. and whoever said that they go that fast in europe is true. as long as you pay attention and concentrate on what you are doing you should be fine. the problem is that most people just dont pay attention, which is why more accidents are caused by people on cell phones, drunk drivers, or people just flat out doing something else while driving. sure, the more gruesome ones are at high speeds, but to my knowlege there isnt as many of them as there are of the latter. and btw... top speed ALREADY IS regulated. Thats what they put the governors in there for... and thats the same reason we use tuning programs to take em out. flame me if you want... im just speaking my peace.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Resident

Well I think I'm going to call BS on this whole thing...

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...&highlight=lpe

Post number 33 is worth reading.

*EDIT* I was right, he's a lieing **********, check out page 3

For you lazy people:

He posted up 2 small pics of "his" car, turns out it belongs to someone else who just completly owned him!

Last edited by WhiteKnightZ28; 05-12-2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 07:47 PM
Tech Resident

And another thing...

what 19 year old kid has an 800hp car, yet doesnt have a single pic of it?

I'm sorry, I call super bull-sh*t on this one.

http://forum.myspace.com/index.cfm?f...95&adTopicID=2
Old 05-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Staging Lane

Nice fabricated story.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

For all you whiny bitches calling BS check this link, I think its his
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...2&page=1&pp=25

You be the judge

Last edited by brad8266; 05-12-2006 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by brad8266
For all you whiny bitches calling BS check this link, I think its his
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...2&page=1&pp=25
Yeah, look up like 3 posts.

He also claims to have a mint first gen.

Total bs
Old 05-12-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WhiteKnightZ28
Yeah, look up like 3 posts.

He also claims to have a mint first gen.

Total bs
Those supra guys really took it him.
Old 05-12-2006, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by UnZFeat'd
damn, pretty much says it all right there. i got my license taken away and ive never been that fast on the ground... if my car would go that fast i probly would tho. go ahead and say im a stupid kid. i know i am. but i am careful... i learn from my mistakes and am thankful that i lived through them TO learn from them. thats the name of the game. we bought fast cars to go fast in. and whoever said that they go that fast in europe is true. as long as you pay attention and concentrate on what you are doing you should be fine. the problem is that most people just dont pay attention, which is why more accidents are caused by people on cell phones, drunk drivers, or people just flat out doing something else while driving. sure, the more gruesome ones are at high speeds, but to my knowlege there isnt as many of them as there are of the latter. and btw... top speed ALREADY IS regulated. Thats what they put the governors in there for... and thats the same reason we use tuning programs to take em out. flame me if you want... im just speaking my peace.
Hey man, no flame. But you made my point for me in a way. How high are those govenors, rev limiters, fuel shut-offs set to compared to the maximum posted speed limit?
Old 05-12-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah this Guy is total B.S. Ive read all those posts, and he's the same guy claiming the same f-ing thing. What a bitch with a low self esteem to claim he has all that ****, and to STEAL another guys pics and claim them as his own. I wish people like that would dissapear of the face of the earth. Honestly who doesnt have at least one pic of thier car. Even My sister has a pic of her 1996 Honda Accord.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

f'n idiot!!!
Old 05-13-2006, 07:12 AM
Staging Lane

What a homo...
Old 05-13-2006, 07:21 AM
11 Second Club

I will have to ask Jeff at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering about this and have him check out the post, he might get a laugh out of it!!