Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

A few wins and a not so bad loss

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up A few wins and a not so bad loss

Well I went to the Friday Night Street Races at the local track last night and had a pretty good showing. Its held at a 1/4 mile track but they have someone flag you off the line and then they have the lights that show the winner at the end of the track.

First race was a CRX with a built GSR motor, turboe'd, and running full slicks. Well he fell asleep at the line and I ended up beating him by 10+ cars, kinda hard to tell when there that far back.

Second race was a full size late 70's Chevy truck that had a built big block and a claimed 508whp. He thought that it would be a close race and it wasn't I ended up letting off in 4th and beat him by 9-10 cars.

Third race was a late 90's Cobra that the kid said had underdrive pulleys, intake, exhaust, headers, and a couple other things. It was the closest of the night except for the loss and I ended up winning by 4-5 cars. Killed him off the line and we were pretty much even the rest of the way with me pulling slightly.

Fourth race was against a mid 90's bodystyle Z28. All I remember is he said that he had an exhaust. Ended up being 7+ cars.

The fifth race was against a Dodge Viper, not sure of the year but it wasn't a brand new one. It had just dyno'd at 600whp off the bottle, He was also running drag radials. Well I ended up killing him off the line and had him until about 300ft from the end of the track and he walked by. Ended up beating me by about 2 cars. Overall I was pretty happy with the results and am heading out today to try and get some new #'s.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:54 PM
On The Tree

Evo, TB?

I will assume Evo. Good kills, well...the loss was actually better than the kills.

Dan
Old 05-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Staging Lane

It was with the Evo. I am hoping for some high 11's today but it's going to depend on if I can get traction or not.

BTW, just to make this clear, the driver of the Viper was horrible. With a better driver it would have been a much worse loss more than likely. I am putting down around 340whp so I know it shouldnt have been that close.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:07 PM
On The Tree

kinda shocked by the truck losing. Everything else seems right on.
Nice kills/death.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Great. Nice kill's and death. It's alway's about the driver, who say's it's ALWAY'S about the car. You can own a slow car (I.E. me) and beat/challenge any/all fast car's with a bad driver. Or so say's Confusius.
Old 05-13-2006, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

Well I just got back from the track and my best run was an 11.9@114 with a crappy, for me,1.80 60ft. For some reason my car was launching and then bogging down before taking off. My best 60ft ever is a 1.68 so I could've had some 11.8's if I can figure out whats going on.
Old 05-14-2006, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice times. And good kills too.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
kinda shocked by the truck losing. Everything else seems right on.
Nice kills/death.
Well he had some traction issues, only running 2wd, and what looked like off road tires.