Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

RX8 Kill

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX8 Kill

Ok, I know this isn't a very impressive kill but I honestley didn't know how slow those cars actually are. I was cruising down the highway yesterday and some cocky ***** pulls up beside me in this Mazda RX8, I havn't had many race encounters this year so I figured why not. I dropped it in 3rd and put down all 425 RWHP to the highway. By the time I hit the top of 4th this piece of rice crap was school bus lengths behind.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

yeah its definitely not as fast as my focus, and neither are you
Old 05-24-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Who the f#@$ would try to race their Wankel against anything GM built?

That thing had what, 230-someHP, front wheel drive I think, but in any case of FWD or RWD, it still has less than 300HP.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:18 PM
On The Tree

They are pretty slow. I even beat one in my old 98 Mustang GT with minimal mods. That says how slow they are
Old 05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fordfanboy2
yeah its definitely not as fast as my focus, and neither are you
weren't you banned already?
Old 05-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 6-SPD4ME
Ok, I know this isn't a very impressive kill but I honestley didn't know how slow those cars actually are. I was cruising down the highway yesterday and some cocky ***** pulls up beside me in this Mazda RX8, I havn't had many race encounters this year so I figured why not. I dropped it in 3rd and put down all 425 RWHP to the highway. By the time I hit the top of 4th this piece of rice crap was school bus lengths behind.

Don't call it rice crap until you run at a road course. It wasn't made for straight line acceleration. It is a N/A 1.3 Liter. But even though you have 425 whp, I would like to see how you do against a stock one around a road course.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:37 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
Who the f#@$ would try to race their Wankel against anything GM built?

That thing had what, 230-someHP, front wheel drive I think, but in any case of FWD or RWD, it still has less than 300HP.

They make about 185 whp, and it is RWD. And its handling capabilites are amazing. And I wouldn't talk **** about Wankels, since they are very high hp capable motors and usually destory all motors in their classes. (787B)
Old 05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
On The Tree

RX-8's are really slow for some reason, I figured they would be alittle bit faster than they are but the 3 i've ran so far were turds that got destroyed!
Old 05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RX7's looked nice, especially their last body style (and I'm not into imports).

The RX8, IMO, is ugly. I can't stand the fender flares that looks like some kid bolted them on. I don't know what Mazda was thinking when changing from the RX7 to the RX8.
Old 05-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Banned

Wankle motors are dyno queens that require insane revs and are rather delicate. requiring warm-up/cool-down etc. etc. far in excess of what a normal piston motor requires. They are also VERY! inefficient fuel-wise for the hp they make.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LSINA7
Don't call it rice crap until you run at a road course. It wasn't made for straight line acceleration. It is a N/A 1.3 Liter. But even though you have 425 whp, I would like to see how you do against a stock one around a road course.
It still amazes me , how many ***-clowns like yourself are out there. What does your piece of crap Mazda weigh? Of course going around a corner in a 3700lb car is harder. This is a street racing thread not a road course thread.
Take your Jap scrap back to Japan and do laps around the island.
You and FordFanBoy2 can go take another trip up the Brokeback Mountain!
Old 05-24-2006, 03:40 PM
Banned

It still amazes me , how many ***-clowns like yourself are out there. What does your piece of crap Mazda weigh? Of course going around a corner in a 3700lb car is harder. This is a street racing thread not a road course thread.

Wow...thats pretty dick if I ever saw it. Most people do not put a stock LS1 in a RX7. I bet his has AT LEAST 350-400whp and in an RX7 it will outhandle, out accelerate, and in general, outclass the **** out of you. Way to represent the *** end of the domestic group man.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Teching In

wow, you're a joke.

you are adding to the statistics on why most import owners don't like american car owners (i don't mind, but that's just how it is).

he was simply implying that straight line performance isn't what the RX series cars were made for - amazing handling with alright stock power for the twisties. lol this is probably the only race you'll win against a RX series car - straight line, but none the less, good kill.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Banned

^ +1
Old 05-24-2006, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Haha... The funny thing is my "Jap Crap" would also drag your *** down a strip. And it wouldn't even be funny on a road course.
Old 05-24-2006, 04:27 PM
Banned

^yeah, I guess he is just too ignorant to see the truth in it.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

"They make about 185 whp, and it is RWD. And its handling capabilites are amazing. And I wouldn't talk **** about Wankels, since they are very high hp capable motors and usually destory all motors in their classes. (787B)"

1. We aren't talking about road courses, and any car that ways less than 3500lbs stock would do well on a road course.

2. High HP, yeah I don't doubt that, but that is in their class. You would have to make a big Wankel and combining it with multiple ones just to make some serious power without forced induction.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

Haha... The funny thing is my "Jap Crap" would also drag your *** down a strip. And it wouldn't even be funny on a road course.

your 'jap crap' is powered by a GM LS1 engine you swapped in. I guess you found the Wankels a bit lacking too.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DAKMOR
1. We aren't talking about road courses, and any car that ways less than 3500lbs stock would do well on a road course.
I guess that is why my 5.0 handles so blisteringly flat and remains glued to the ground while sporting razor sharp reflexes
Old 05-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Staging Lane

What's your point? I can drop a supercharged LS7 into a Miata next week and then we can start the "Mazda with Chevrolet Engines Club of America".
We can tour road courses all over the US, and brag about how much faster our Mazda's our then the 3600lb cars that the motors came from.
And after we **** off all the Chevy guys we can drop Ford motors in our Mazdas and go waste thread space on Ford sites.