Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

The never ending battle of pony cars.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The never ending battle of pony cars.

I was on the way to my friends house last night. My car looked great just claybarred waxed and washed! Weather was just amazing, tops off windows down and 80s rock blaring on the Monsoon. Can't ask for more at 20 can you?
I come to a green light where I have to turn left and I wait as a single car held me up, a blue 98+ Stang GT he got side ways going WOT around this turn, to impress me I asume....

I go around the turn quickly but my showmanship wasn't with me that night no big JDM dR1ft0. Just enough to hear my new exhaust burbble a bit.

Now we are on a 2 lane road that at the upcoming light, around a 1/2 mile turns to 4. I hoped I'd meet him up there. The mustang must have noticed that I bit and stomps on his car again I follow suit quicklying catching up. We zip along to the light around 70 ish just streching my legs while the mustang seemed to have be going all out

My wishes are granted now as I see the up coming light turning yellow and the mustang slides to the left lane. Lined up we look over each others car, the stang gives a growl out of its catback. Me not wanting to be one up let my "Magna mouth" roar at him. The look he then gave me was priceless, it reminds me of some one passing a kidney stone while being bluffed out of a full house in poker.
I smirk.

Light turns green, the moment we both were waiting for. I let him get the jump for the GM 10 bolt is the largest pile of crap out there. I launched at 2k rpm with just the tiniest squeak from the zris. Hey that worked! I'll have to remember that for next trip to the strip! Insantly i'm even with him and I hear him slap for his next gear as I fumble for my 2nd as well.

2nd gear came strong for both of us I slowly gained a fender then my rear bumper was inches before his front. Mustang grabs 3rd and gains the inches he was off of me putting his front at my rear. I catch a red flicker in the corner of my eye, its go time my shift light is telling me.

3rd gear in an ls1 is almost as evil as in an ITR, yes I said it. Almost as fast as a Type-R. The 3 inch piping with no baffles is screaming and I start gaining fast off the stang. 1 car .... 1.5 .. 2 ..2.5. 3. I see he must have let off once I had 2.5 cars on him. I glance at the speedo 90 and toss the car into 6th. the GT owner catchs up with me as i'm coasting down. Gives me an angry, shocked thumbs up returned by me, I just happen to be ear to ear grinning.

We crusie along together for a few mins then I turn off to my friends and he goes his own way.
Old 05-28-2006, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and I copied and pasted this story from Honda tech so the ITR is a running joke Don't mind it.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

a honda board that would explain the drift reference, I never hear people on this board ever utter the word drift.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackhawk J
a honda board that would explain the drift reference, I never hear people on this board ever utter the word drift.
Honda techs street racing story is run by non honda drivers and elistest honda drivers with cars to back it.

No other kills forum is like it I love it there You guys might want to peek at see how much shock it might be to see how that board acts
Old 05-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Perhapse a link would help as hondatech.com is not the site?
Old 05-28-2006, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

honda-tech.com
Old 05-28-2006, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
honda-tech.com
I forgot it has the dash, I have it booked marked so i never need to type it out.

Just peek in the kills stories it's a show
Old 05-28-2006, 05:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that dudes way into his wriiting..
Old 05-28-2006, 05:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by sidewayz28
that dudes way into his wriiting..
Yes, I enjoy making you the reader feel like you rode shotgun. I'm not the best writing I just try to make it better then is par.

I love reading a well laid out kill me writing my own like this I hope to give back the enjoyment I get out of kills fourms
Old 05-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I just checked out the site, man those guys are pretty impressive. I especially like the story about the turbo civic with a 250lb passenger and a 150lb passenger took out a supercharged Rouch mustang! (btw she says she traps 115mph)
Old 05-28-2006, 06:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blackhawk J
I just checked out the site, man those guys are pretty impressive. I especially like the story about the turbo civic with a 250lb passenger and a 150lb passenger took out a supercharged Rouch mustang! (btw she says she traps 115mph)
See we all arn't ricers just most. I'm first to admit it
Old 05-28-2006, 06:27 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why did I feel like I was reading "twas the night before Christmas?"

Nice run.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:32 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Good kill but please next time dont waste soooo much time posting about beating a car that was slow in 1998. Good kill though, to be expected.