Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

raced a 331 S/C mustang LX last night

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 08:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default raced a 331 S/C mustang LX last night

....we went from a roll about 20-30mph. he has a 331, heads , procharger with 12lbs and full exhaust and everything you can think off..... I have a ls6 intake sts kit running 4lbs and headers, underdrive pulley. anyway we went and he jumped out to a car lead until i could build boost then we stayed dead even. he did'nt pull on me anymore(I should of started in first).went up to about 110mph then shut it down... not a kill be a victory in my opinion. the kid who has the car is one of my good friends anyway and we always talk **** to each other. I have all the stuff to run 7-8 lbs so when i do that i should walk him alittle.....
Old 05-31-2006, 08:11 PM
Teching In

You left out the part where he let off the car because he jumped out in front so hard on you that he thought you never hit the gas... OR..the fact that the car is so far out of tune it blows a 20ft cloud of smoke from running rich. Wideband is back in action though...and I am leaning it out so it is not in the 9 range for a/f...and then how about a rematch? With me driving.....
Old 05-31-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm guessing you two know eachother...

Any pics of your ride?
Old 05-31-2006, 08:23 PM
On The Tree

yes we know each other... then I guess i should mention that I am in the 9's on a A/F gauge also or that i should of started in first instead of reving 2000 rpm and going in second... maybe if i was already in boost he would not have jumped so far out in front.....
Old 05-31-2006, 08:28 PM
10 Second Club

learn how to race your car and report back
Old 05-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by blue-ss-camaro
yes we know each other... then I guess i should mention that I am in the 9's on a A/F gauge also or that i should of started in first instead of reving 2000 rpm and going in second... maybe if i was already in boost he would not have jumped so far out in front.....
I am talking about on a wideband...and it is obvious he when it is super rich when it dumps that much smoke out...everyone was talking about how bad it was. Why don't you race again....and this time...to 120 at least...you guys didn't even race a 1/4 mile! I ran 12.68@119 with the car last year at 8lbs of boost and not dumping gas out the tailpipes....on CRAP tires..not the drag radials it has now....how about 1st day it doesn't rain...rematch...? You can take off in 1st..I will take off in 2nd if you like....
Old 05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
Teching In

ding round 1.... i wanna see this race... better yet i'll get it on tape.... how's it goin fellas?? hahha lol
Old 05-31-2006, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsblk93gt
I am talking about on a wideband...and it is obvious he when it is super rich when it dumps that much smoke out...everyone was talking about how bad it was. Why don't you race again....and this time...to 120 at least...you guys didn't even race a 1/4 mile! I ran 12.68@119 with the car last year at 8lbs of boost and not dumping gas out the tailpipes....on CRAP tires..not the drag radials it has now....how about 1st day it doesn't rain...rematch...? You can take off in 1st..I will take off in 2nd if you like....
someones comming off a lil cocky lol. and you say how "everyone was talking about how bad it was" do you mean everyone who knows jack **** about cars down at the parking lot who also say "woah he must have left marks 3,000 feet down the road" ....... in my mind its almost obviously that norms stang should beat chads.....lighter car. more boost, built to handle the boost. ect.

also let me remind you this race wouldnt be happening if it wasnt for Mr.GM using the correct procedure to fix the stangs clutch i want to see you guys race again, i saw the very first time..... but not this past time....let me know if anything happens again... i might have to get off my a$$ and get my car out.

Last edited by TPIMarow6.6; 05-31-2006 at 10:17 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

I cant see the stang losing this one, unless for a driver error of sometype.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

I never said that I would have won. matter of fact I shouldnt win. I was just trying to say that it was close. Just to let you know when I first put the turbo on DAVE I had a wideband on it...It was taylors jack a$$ and it was in the 9.9 to 10.3 range. So stop trying to be an a$$ about things I am not saying I should of beat him I am just saying it was close. So much for being proud of my car. And If you always have to drive it for him how is he ever going to learn... Oh and by the way cant race a true 1/4 mile cause then he would spin and I would be him and you would have an excuse for that too I imagine....
Old 05-31-2006, 10:17 PM
Teching In

I never said that I would have won. matter of fact I shouldnt win. I was just trying to say that it was close. Just to let you know when I first put the turbo on DAVE I had a wideband on it...It was taylors jack a$$ and it was in the 9.9 to 10.3 range. So stop trying to be an a$$ about things I am not saying I should of beat him I am just saying it was close. So much for being proud of my car. And If you always have to drive it for him how is he ever going to learn... Oh and by the way cant race a true 1/4 mile cause then he would spin and I would be him and you would have an excuse for that too I imagine....
Thats was when you 1st had the car going correct?? Then you changed computers as well as changed the waste gate spring and also had a boost leak. The fact you left out some info and said you would walk it was slightly annoying. He has even playing field with tires...so it really doesn't matter...race again...him driving...don't race...whatever....
Old 05-31-2006, 10:20 PM
Teching In

"see what everyone knows is.... it's not how you stand by your car.... it's how you race your car.... better learn that....." k where's round 2 taking place i wanna tape this ****....
Old 05-31-2006, 10:25 PM
On The Tree

The computers have the same tune on them..I did change the wastegate spring to run less boost cause the car was over boosting on a 5lb spring i was seeing 7lbs.. so i put a 3lb spring in it and i am seeing 4 lbs so i should be seeing the same on a wideband seeing how its the same tune....but I also said that I should walk him with 8lbs.(alittle,not 2-3 cars) NOT now. His car is faster...I admit it. Just dont get the thread locked with this crap. we are all friends.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The mustang should have owned you. I think it was out of tune, im not trying to be an ***, but the numbers are WAY in his favor.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Round 2 go!

on tape please

lets get this sorted out and settled.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:10 PM
Teching In

yeah the thing is a monster... it's fully re-built... whole top and bottem end along with a 331 stroker kit... heads cam intake.... ati procharger runnin about 12 pounds of boost ... full exhaust headers, xpipe,etc.... PMS tuning, ...3.73 gears nitto drag radials... uhhh well im sure there's more to explain but i cant remember.... where the SS only has headers, ls6 intake and the STS turbo kit runinng about 4 pounds with a stock tune i believe..... so yeha the mustang SHOULD own him..... the odds are like alot to a little lol
Old 05-31-2006, 11:11 PM
Teching In

oh i'll tape it.... well try to if they race again....
Old 05-31-2006, 11:14 PM
Teching In

The computers have the same tune on them..I did change the wastegate spring to run less boost cause the car was over boosting on a 5lb spring i was seeing 7lbs.. so i put a 3lb spring in it and i am seeing 4 lbs so i should be seeing the same on a wideband seeing how its the same tune....but I also said that I should walk him with 8lbs.(alittle,not 2-3 cars) NOT now. His car is faster...I admit it. Just dont get the thread locked with this crap. we are all friends.
And I'm saying it will not walk it...with his car running 100%. I also don't think street racing is the best gauge of how fast a car is anyway...
Old 05-31-2006, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dsblk93gt
And I'm saying it will not walk it...with his car running 100%. I also don't think street racing is the best gauge of how fast a car is anyway...
lol mr. king of street racing himself saying its not the best way to settle it lol. its true in a way but with different driver skill its hard to tell as well....but in this case....it should be LX all the way.

i thought chad took his headers off when he put the sts kit on??? hmmm i might be wrong tho.

Chad should let me drive his car at the track
Old 06-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Teching In

lol where have we heard that one before..... well not you drivin his car..... you know what i mean.....