Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

03 Cobra ate a Murcielago

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprayed1998
I willing to go out on a limb and say most Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari owners are cluless when it comes to late model domestic cars.
Lol!!! Do you also believe most late model domestic owners sport mullets and are married to their sister (another equally false stereotype)?

What possible correlation is there between Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari ownership and "cluelessness" about late model domestics? Do you think Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari owners have never owned a late model domestic AND don't have any friends who own or have owned late model domestics AND don't read magazines or watch television AND live in a bubble devoid of exposure to late model domestics? Perhaps they are performing lobotomies at the Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari dealerships? Jeez, maybe I had such a lobotomy and don't even remember?

I suspect the genesis of your comment is the mistaken belief that EVERYONE seeks the most HP for their dollar and buys the fastest car they can afford. Therefore, if someone paid more money for a slower car, they must be clueless about the faster cars that cost less. Your premise is not accurate. People buy cars for a myriad of reasons, and often buy a slower car than they can afford. Moreover, at the higher price ranges, value (HP per dollar) is far less important for the average buyer. No one spends $1 million for an Enzo because they believe it’s the cheapest way to get 600 HP. Rather, buyers of these higher priced cars place greater emphasis on other considerations.

Try spending some time with owners of Lambos, Ferraris and/or Porsches. I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised by: (1) their knowledge of late model domestics (and cars in general); and (2) more importantly, their admiration and respect for late model domestics. MANY Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari owners also own domestics. Spend some time at one of the Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari forums. Yes, you will find a few bad apples, just as you have here, but most Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari owners transcend and belie your false stereotype.

996TTx50

Last edited by 996TTx50; 06-05-2006 at 07:24 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:19 PM
jic
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice kill!
Old 06-06-2006, 01:21 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All that needs to be said" TUBI EXHAUST=Sex
Old 06-06-2006, 06:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by unit213
Yep. He might say he's not, but oh yeah...he's pissed.

You know it.

He was like..."******* A...I just got walked by a ...mustang?...sigh"

Just awesome.
Old 06-06-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 996TTx50
Lol!!! Do you also believe most late model domestic owners sport mullets and are married to their sister (another equally false stereotype)?

What possible correlation is there between Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari ownership and "cluelessness" about late model domestics? Do you think Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari owners have never owned a late model domestic AND don't have any friends who own or have owned late model domestics AND don't read magazines or watch television AND live in a bubble devoid of exposure to late model domestics? Perhaps they are performing lobotomies at the Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari dealerships? Jeez, maybe I had such a lobotomy and don't even remember?

I suspect the genesis of your comment is the mistaken belief that EVERYONE seeks the most HP for their dollar and buys the fastest car they can afford. Therefore, if someone paid more money for a slower car, they must be clueless about the faster cars that cost less. Your premise is not accurate. People buy cars for a myriad of reasons, and often buy a slower car than they can afford. Moreover, at the higher price ranges, value (HP per dollar) is far less important for the average buyer. No one spends $1 million for an Enzo because they believe it’s the cheapest way to get 600 HP. Rather, buyers of these higher priced cars place greater emphasis on other considerations.

Try spending some time with owners of Lambos, Ferraris and/or Porsches. I suspect you will be pleasantly surprised by: (1) their knowledge of late model domestics (and cars in general); and (2) more importantly, their admiration and respect for late model domestics. MANY Lambo/Porsche/Ferrari owners also own domestics. Spend some time at one of the Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari forums. Yes, you will find a few bad apples, just as you have here, but most Porsche/Lambo/Ferrari owners transcend and belie your false stereotype.

996TTx50

I think there is cool people, in all types of cars. I have met, alot of fucked up nerdy *** Ls1 guys....but I know ALOT of really cool ones, I consider like brothers. Same goes for the exotic's. I'm sure, almost positive, that 75% or more, are old dipshits that don't truly drive the cars...(I can say the same about alot of vette dudes). But, on the other hand, if you watch films like the GUMBALL 3000....then you'll see some of the "cooler/up to date exotic owners". Same goes for some ricers. I do, god help me know some cool ones....alot actually... the others suck. Just like the dipshit vette owner...that gets walked by a stock F-body.

If you have a TRUE love of cars....then you'll appreciate anything...anything atleast with power. Regardless of it being a Volks wagon lambo, vette, viper, supra, skyline, cobra, trans am....etc etc.