Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Whats the deal with corvette owners?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He is a dumbass, and even if you beat him he will back out. Still, race him (don't race for pinks; maybe money) and pummel his ***. You can't put a price on smacking down someone's inflated ego.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:34 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are people like the guys you're talking about driving EVERY KIND OF CAR.

People naturally think their car is the best looking, the fastest, etc ... The fun part is proving them wrong.

Btw, Do you have any idea if his car is really stock or did you just assume it was?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 55 Likes on 40 Posts

I have seen it. He just bought it like a couple months ago. It sounds stock. I am pretty sure it is. And I would look it over before hand to make sure. If I dont see any nitrous...and hear no camming of any kind, and check out the cylinder heads...than Im not even going to think twice. Some bolt ons arent going to save him.
I just dont think that it is possible for me to lose from a 45 mph roll on the highway...I think I should beat him pretty good.
IF he honestly wants to race for pinks slips than I will...but I dont think he would give up his car...I know I wouldnt want to...but maybe he is so rich it doesnt matter

But I do think that I will try and race him for as much money as I can come up with and afford to lose.. Maybe like 500 or something.

Ill even try and get it on video...my friend just got a new camera that can do it all.

Last edited by UltraZLS1; 07-05-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:08 PM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraZLS1
I have seen it. He just bought it like a couple months ago. It sounds stock. I am pretty sure it is. And I would look it over before hand to make sure. If I dont see any nitrous...and hear no camming of any kind, and check out the cylinder heads...than Im not even going to think twice. Some bolt ons arent going to save him.
I just dont think that it is possible for me to lose from a 45 mph roll on the highway...I think I should beat him pretty good.
IF he honestly wants to race for pinks slips than I will...but I dont think he would give up his car...I know I wouldnt want to...but maybe he is so rich it doesnt matter

But I do think that I will try and race him for as much money as I can come up with and afford to lose.. Maybe like 500 or something.

Ill even try and get it on video...my friend just got a new camera that can do it all.

So, you've seen the car .... and it sounds stock .... but you're not really positive if it is? He's had the thing for a few months, that's plenty of time to slap some mods in there. Who knows, maybe hes got a nice 150 shot in there that you don't know about?? Assumptions ..... you know the rest.

I personally agree that he's probably got a stock car and thinks it's the fastest thing ever ... but you never know.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Teching In

Well I just recently dropped my Camaro and bought a Corvette (C5) and it is so much faster than the Camaro and my friends all have japanese cars like Evo's, STI's, civics ofcourse, but these are actually fast (somehow). And I always get the urge to talk **** on their cars but I know I shouldn't because I've never raced them and I might get laughed at. I've only had the vette for about 2 weeks so I don't really know what it's capable of, it's got intake and exhaust so it's making around 300 rwhp, same as the camaro I had. I know it's fast but I rather just race than talk **** and get my *** handed to me. I haven't raced anyone yet but I probably won't because being 19 and having a Corvette you get screwed on insurance. Just my 2 cents.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Teching In

People like him really **** me off. He had no knowledge of what my car had or anything...he just figured that I had a lowly camaro and I had no chance.

Anyone else run into this kind of thing?[/QUOTE]

Its not specific to any car owners, I know some really cool vette owners. But tell him to bring his weak *** automatic LS2 over here, I'll show him something he can't wipe the floor with. What a tool.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:52 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by x phantom x
People naturally think their car is the best looking, the fastest, etc. The fun part is proving them wrong....
Couldn't agree with you more there. The facial expressions of the people that I race with my 86' Iroc on the street, afterward, is priceless. Guess they ***-u-me I'm running the stock LB9 engine. Guess you never know....
Old 07-06-2006, 09:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Couldn't agree with you more there. The facial expressions of the people that I race with my 86' Iroc on the street with, afterward, is priceless. Guess they ***-u-me I'm running the stock LB9 engine. Guess you never know....

Now all you need is a Mullet to go along with it and you'll raise some eyebrows.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
Now all you need is a Mullet to go along with it and you'll raise some eyebrows.
Although I'm sure you're just playing around, I wouldn't consider a fuel injected 454 small block, Holley Stealth Ram, AFR heads... exactly the "mullet" type.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Street Lethal
Although I'm sure you're just playing around, I wouldn't consider a fuel injected 454 small block, Holley Stealth Ram, AFR heads... exactly the "mullet" type.
I was just playin, but any 86 camaro, even if it is making 1000 at the wheels is mullet worthy. Hell, I wish I had a mullet, I want to get an old Monte Carlo SS and sport the mullet.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

454 small block?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Teching In

???? I agree , didnt know there was such a thing?
Old 07-06-2006, 12:00 PM
12 Second Club

I was just playin, but any 86 camaro, even if it is making 1000 at the wheels is mullet worthy. Hell, I wish I had a mullet, I want to get an old Monte Carlo SS and sport the mullet.
Don't forget the stand-alone mustache and Members Only jacket to go with that!

So, what would you do with the mullet when you drove the Viper? You'd have to hide it somewhere. If I saw a guy with a mullet driving a viper, I'd probably wreck
Old 07-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Teching In

Dude, If my wife would let me, I would rock the mullet, nothing like the breeze blowing through the long hair down the back of your neck when the top if off. I have some whitesnake and def lepard on tap too.

Last edited by CTSVSL65AMG; 07-06-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ran into a older guy a few weeks ago as a matter of a fact that was driving a red 1997 C5 model, one of the slow years from what I've heard, 6-speed vette. We were going down a 4 lane cruising pretty much side by side, luckily got up next to him at a light and he looks over with a smirk on his face kinda like saying my Z-28 was a POS or something. Keep in mind my car is loud and is pretty damn fast for a automatic, anyway when the light turns I get on it a little to catch his attention and again he just looks over and laughs. I was like WTF is this guy laughing at?! Finally once we got up to about thirty he drops it and opens it up, thats my cars sweet spot too so I stand in it, my car drops back to 1st and hooks up. Basically I whipped his *** by a couple car lengths to 100mph then let out, looked over at him and laughed. Taught that smartass a lesson, I've ran into more cool vette owners than ******** though. I can usually get a vette to race me before a mustang here in Knoxville.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That mullet saying is getting old, I own a third gen but have never had a mullet and never will. Is that a trailer park saying or something cause I see more mustangs in trailer parks than third gens.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98-LS1
I ran into a older guy a few weeks ago as a matter of a fact that was driving a red 1997 C5 model, one of the slow years from what I've heard, 6-speed vette. We were going down a 4 lane cruising pretty much side by side, luckily got up next to him at a light and he looks over with a smirk on his face kinda like saying my Z-28 was a POS or something. Keep in mind my car is loud and is pretty damn fast for a automatic, anyway when the light turns I get on it a little to catch his attention and again he just looks over and laughs. I was like WTF is this guy laughing at?! Finally once we got up to about thirty he drops it and opens it up, thats my cars sweet spot too so I stand in it, my car drops back to 1st and hooks up. Basically I whipped his *** by a couple car lengths to 100mph then let out, looked over at him and laughed. Taught that smartass a lesson, I've ran into more cool vette owners than ******** though. I can usually get a vette to race me before a mustang here in Knoxville.
if that 97 C5 really was a 6spd, then its just as fast a any other year C5, but if it was an A4 then its considered one of the "slow years". maybe because the torque management was pretty bad, just like in the A4 C6
Old 07-06-2006, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98-LS1
That mullet saying is getting old, I own a third gen but have never had a mullet and never will. Is that a trailer park saying or something cause I see more mustangs in trailer parks than third gens.
Yea, its a trailer park saying, at least at my trailer park.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:41 PM
11 Second Club

Stereotype- call it what you want, if there are numerous people describing the same type of attitude that a certain person has owning a certain car, then I call it the majority. And I too had the same encounter. But the ones that are not the norm are few and far between.

UltraZLS1- race him for a tank of gas and make him pump it when he looses and get a picture and post it. -Mark
Old 07-06-2006, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like a great idea...I like that

I used to be a major 3rd gen fan. If they are in nice shape...which seems to be few and far between...I think they are great looking car.

When I was 16 I wanted a 91-92 z28 L98 in the worst way.

I still have plans to get a black 91-92 z28 in the future and swap in a nice h/c lsx motor of some kind (who knows what will be around by then).
I would rather have a nice black 92 z with a h/c ls1 and a 6 speed than my current car. I think they look great, especially with some different rims.

Just laugh at the mullet comments...who gives a damn.

98-LS1...is your sig long enough or what? I am surprised you havent had to change that yet.