Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackMagicC5
I can't help but laugh at all the people who try to say "be open minded" "respect cars that are fast, no matter what they are". What a joke. I'll never understand how any respectable man can modify a civic and think thats cool. I guess thats the difference between adults and kids. Seems like most of the kids of this generation like the daily driver economy cars for racing. Never understood why. Fast and the furious maybe? For all of you who think racing pos imports is cool, this is for you. Ask yourself, when you watched fast and the furious, do you think to yourself, "they sure look retarded"? Well thats what you idiots look like.
thank you sir, someone gets it 110%.

this is my point. a civic is not a race car. it just looks ridiculous. it's like me trying to turn my firebird into a truck conversion. cut off the rear and add a bed. hey, i have 350hp, plenty of torque, it'll haul things around just as good...but it doesn't change the fact that it's a dumb idea and i'll look like an idiot doing it.

the fast and the furious and need for speed have ruined racing. the movies and games are so unrealistic too...as if you can buy a stage 3 turbo setup for a celica for 3 grand and have 700hp to the wheels and be the fastest car in the game...thank you need for speed. also, a carbon fiber hood increases your top end by 15mph because it's 10lb lighter...

i suppose it's possible to make a civic nice and fast. i suppose with enough money, time and energy, you could do anything you want. i just haven't seen it yet, and this civic is no exception.
Old 07-14-2006, 10:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are all crazy! How could you not want to drive this thing! You all now it would be a blast.

You've all heard the old saying; "Fat women are like MoPeds, fun to ride until your freinds see you."

The same applies hear. Hell yeah its ugly, and I wouldn't want my freinds (or any one with a vagina) to spot me in this thing, but damn, think how much fun it would be to take this thing to an open parking lot and get buck wild.

I'm talking roasting tires, burning up the clutch, douhgnuts, and just rippin the **** out of this think. Everyone knows that would be a blast. Just as long as you can give the keys back to the guy when you are done and hop in your F-bod
Old 07-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Launching!

At what point was it decided that F-Bods were "built for racing"? Chassis' built for racing do not require extra SFCs for traction in high powered apps.

The F-body is more suited to racing than most platforms for sure, and certanly has the advantage over a Civic, but it's hardly meant to be a race car. Making either really fast is doing something not originally intended by the manufacturer. Thats why you wont see GM warranty replace component X on a stock engine after a 150 shot runs lean.

They knew people would do this stuff, they made some design provisions for it. That doesnt mean its meant to be raced competitively.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by rk_2000_Z/28
"Fat women are like MoPeds, fun to ride until your freinds see you."
for you perhaps. i know i would never want to "ride someone" that i either can't get my arms around or sink into.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

8+ pages here we come! I knew I was right from the start, what took you guys so long?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
keep quoting me people. why don't you read what i said? i said stop posting videos of gutted shitboxes. post them of real cars. this is why no one respects imports. these are the videos we get. post REAL cars beating f-bodies, not some piece of plywood on wheels. i can't believe how poorly people comprehend words on this site.

i have nothing against imports, just their brainless drivers that don't understand people's points.
Dude hate to mention it but that gutted shitbox is faster ..straight up
Old 07-14-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chris@GMS

And what civic forum might you hail from?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K20s are baddas and with boltons and cams will make over 250whp on MOTOR!

Throw on some ITBs, and radical head work bump up the compression and you can hit 300hp

They def are not slow at all, alot of 10sec all motor civics are running K20s now. Bs are just as capable, but the K20s are badass outta the box.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:15 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by Chris@GMS
really i hadn't noticed by the way i mentioned it half a dozen times. FAST DOES NOT EQUAL NICE. i'd never rock that shitbox. i'd rather roll down a hill on a bed on wheels (well, i wouldn't, but you get the idea). maybe if they glue the bumper back on i'll reconsider driving it
Old 07-14-2006, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

But you rock a purple car?

Lid and exhaust doesnt make you fast, its slow just to let you know.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by slick1851
But you rock a purple car?

Lid and exhaust doesnt make you fast, its slow just to let you know.
ooo, ouch, purple! what a low blow. it's not purple at all, it's just a cell phone camera shot. it's maple. it's rust colored burgundy in the sunshine and dark maple in the evening. it's a metallic paint. it looks great with polished ZO6 rims on it. then again, you rock a diarrhea green camaro with a hood that looks like it has a tumor growing out of it. and FWIW, my car will dust your little green camaro assuming your sig isn't BS. the fact that you're even comparing my car to that civic in the looks department is hilarious.

FWIW, i bet i can find more ladies that like my car than yours firebirds are far more popular in the looks department from the people i talk to, and so is maple red metallic over diarrhea green metallic.

so my car's slow huh? slow's a matter of opinion isn't it? some people consider 10's slow. i will beat 9 out of 10 cars i see on my work commute at 3/4 throttle. most people don't consider that slow.

yes, i have a lid and catback because i have no money at this time. ever thing it's a daily driver and i can't afford downtime right now or can't afford things breaking? i'm also in college and in debt. i'll tell you what, you ship me 5 grand and then i'll start modding my car, mmmk? then you can criticize my mods. until then, kindly shut the hell up.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:00 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

All the ricers in my area are fucktards...period.....it seems to be a combination of an import thing and a young thing....

they all think there cars are fast, I talk to some of them and they all now not to mess with my car. Whenever I catch some import pos talking ****, I ask them to race my car for some mone and offer 5-10 car lead...invariably one of their friends says "yo, thats the dude with the 10 second camaro...don't race him".

I am glad I have NEVER personally met/tangled with an import that can beat me...I would be devastated. I know there out there...somewhere...on the internet....in other cities....last week, or maybe next year...somewhere...

A gutted pos shitbox is not impressive....again 25psi wants to find every (old) video of a stock F-body getting beat by a pos ricer and post it here....always the same thing...Its impressive because it only has 2 or 4 cylinders, blah blah...and the whole "torque is a fignment of the imagination, only high rpm hp matters" is just ridiculous....I WISH you would bring your ricermobile here and I can show you what 547 lt bt rwtque looks like (NA, mustang dyno, Auto with 4000 stall) and how insignificant it is...

******* ricers...the worst part is that around here there are about 6 modded 03/04 Cobra's that act the same...talk **** and don't race anyone....its pathetic.

SDB
Old 07-14-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

^^^ SDB are you trying to high-jack this thread since the other one got locked
Old 07-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Teching In

Thread should be named " A POS civic with a Expensive motor Beats a really nice camaro ss"
Old 07-14-2006, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, my mr2 makes more torque than you. Why dont you make the drive down here so I can wax your *** with both of my cars. Hell my 350z wont so less than 700ft lb of torque when its finished. Autobanh in Houston will make sure of that.

Please dont start with me on this torque arguement.

O btw, when do you make peak torque at what rpm.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by 25psi
lol, my mr2 makes more torque than you. Why dont you make the drive down here so I can wax your *** with both of my cars. Hell my 350z wont so less than 700ft lb of torque when its finished. Autobanh in Houston will make sure of that.

Please dont start with me on this torque arguement.

O btw, when do you make peak torque at what rpm.
just a question, to whom are you making this post out to?
Old 07-14-2006, 03:19 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=25psi]Hell my 350z wont so less than 700ft lb of torque when its finishedQUOTE]

The ultimate ricer line...."when it is done"...no one here has EVER heard that before...

All I know is that My camaro will kill both of your cars...go run them and show me a 10 second slip, THEN I will turn onmy nitrous since I run 10's on motor, radials all around , full weight, nothing removed, etc.

Fucktard.

SDB
Old 07-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Tech Resident

[QUOTE=SDB]
Originally Posted by 25psi
Hell my 350z wont so less than 700ft lb of torque when its finishedQUOTE]

The ultimate ricer line...."when it is done"...no one here has EVER heard that before...

All I know is that My camaro will kill both of your cars...go run them and show me a 10 second slip, THEN I will turn onmy nitrous since I run 10's on motor, radials all around , full weight, nothing removed, etc.

Fucktard.

SDB
at least he's confident

i'd like to see this car...
Old 07-14-2006, 04:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
at least he's confident

i'd like to see this car...
he has reason to be.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Launching!

Funny thing. I come accross more barely modded **** talking domestic people than any other type. I know a few cool people, some have small blocks and such, some have DSMs, some have other stuff. Most of the ricers I have talked to speak in terms of their competition. So they compare themselfs to NA FWD I4s. Most know they simply cant compete above that with out either a comprehensive package or forced induction at least.

But frankly I almost never come accross some guy in a stock 1.nothing liter Civic saying he will kill an LS1. Not even back in the day, when it was much worse IMO.

I just think its funny how no matter what, anybody driving anything made by a "Japanese" company is described as being cocky if they are confident in their ride. If they win, then they are rich ****** who surely spent 100K. And thats not the case then it will surely blow up soon.

I hope people realize that ricers act, think, and talk the same damn way. Its two sides of the same worthless coin.

Seriously, talking about F-Bodies as having nice features and interiors as a means of talking down others is funny as hell. WTF do you think snobby M3 etc owners say when they loose? "yeah, but I would never drive that, its a shitty American car...." Its all the ******* same. Those guys will sit there and say that the live axle of an F-body negates the fact that its fast as hell, even in turns.

Think whatever you want. Thats what I think though. Difference is I have some perspective on it. If people hate ricers that much, stop hanging out in highschool parking lots, Pep Boys, and In and Out Burgers. Start hanging out at the track. Then be humbled as psycho juiced big blocks kick our asses. I saw maybe 4 early 70s GM cars running 9s or faster last time I was at the track. None of the LS1s were close. A lot of the old school guys consider us fuel injection, 6 speed types to be cocky kids who dont really know whats up.

Quick Reply: K20 no turbo or nitrous civic vs SS camaro