Vid: Near stock Cobalt SS smokes NSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
On ebay... whats the car REALLY go for?

what does that mean???

A car goes for what it sells for. These are buy it now prices, so that is what they "go" for.

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I am saying that just because a car sold on ebay for a certain amount doesn't mean that its even close to the average.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Now you guys are just looking for things to bitch about this thread is so off topic now. Who cares how much a car cost if someone wants a car they will buy it regardless if there is a faster better car for less it's their decesion.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

I was asking a legitimate question..I dont really dig the ebay pricing model. It might be the same... who knows.

If an NSX was 5 grand I still wouldn't give it the time of day. Just not my type of ride.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Exactly what im saying i've been around f-bodys all my life and boy did i get flamed when i got my ss/sc but it was my choice.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by S8ER95Z
I was asking a legitimate question..I dont really dig the ebay pricing model. It might be the same... who knows.

If an NSX was 5 grand I still wouldn't give it the time of day. Just not my type of ride.

That should win crazy comment of the decade for sure.

You wont buy a car that could sell for 10 times what you had to pay for it????

Thats like saying if a Z28 was 1500 I wouldnt give it the time of day, while I am not a fan of the catfish, I would buy 50 at price.

Anyway, this thread just gets farther off topic with statements like this.

But as far as the pricing thing...a car is only worth what someone pays for it.

Ebay is a very good example of this, if you have 100 people viewing or midding on a car, the odds of it selling for the actual street value are high.

If you have a car sitting on a lot, waiting for some smuck to over pay for it over the span of 6 months...well thats a poor example of its overall value.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

nuff is enuff
Old 08-18-2006, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

The manual 1991-1996 NSX will run a 13.7-14.0 bone stock. The auto is a 14.0-14.4 car....

Not to hard to beleave that a low 14 second cobolt could give a manuala good run and edge out a auto...A lot has changed in the past 10 years from 1996 to 2006 as far as whats fast is concerned..

But remember back in 1991-1996 a high 13 was VERY fast..

A 1997 and up NSX is a very different animal thats capable of a 12.9-13.3 in manual form verified by every magazine that ever tested it.

I recently raced my friends bone stock 2005 manual NSX in my modded 2005 C5 to a tie at 110 mph..These cars are no joke from a roll...Just slow on the low end.
Old 08-18-2006, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
"Dude"

Whats your point?

I am guessing you are a sub 25 year old that has never driven an NSX, and thats fine. I didn't understand until I drove one either.

Same way with V8's. As a young kid I though hp/liter was all that mattered, then I got my first V8 (C43 AMG), and from there on I knew there was somthing to this displacement thing. It took some trial and error but I have finally realized, the LS is the way to go if you get a small block.

You too, will realize with time, when you drive your first car like the NSX at its limits youll understand why people paid what the did, and why EVERY NSX THREAD ENDS UP BEING AT LEAST 5 pages. People don't understand, because 99% of the people that post DONT KNOW because they have never driven one.

I have owned over 25 cars in the last 15 years, and the NSX ranks #2 on my list including domestics, imports & exotics.

I just get annoyed when people speak out of lack of knowledge.

Drive one.......you'll agree.

You guys need to lay off..This guy knows what he's talking about. I like many of you never gave a crap about a 90 K car that has 290 HP as well...I thought the NSX was a piece of **** to be honest...

Then my friend bought a white 2005 manual NSX...When he drove it to my house I thought he had bought a Ferrari..When he parked it next tomy white 2004 C5 it made my car look the way a C5 makes a camaro look..LESS ATRACTIVE...and not in the same league..

We then went out to dinner paking our cars side by side and when we left the restarante a few young men and one attractive female were all around his car. They asked every question from how much it cost to it's top speed..Then they took out their cameras and took multiple pictures of his car. ( keep in mind that my 04 C5 was parked two feet away from his NSX)..

After about 10 minutes of treating my friend like he was a movie star they left with one gentleman saying OHH..... NICE VETTE.....before they left. It was pretty disapointing to see the C5 treated like that. But thats just how awesome NSX's reaslly are..

Then we headed home and in the back of my mind I was thinking yea your car looks nicer and cost more but with my 378 rwhp Ill beat you like a red headeded step child..

So we went from a roll of 30 to around 110 mph and we were dead even!!!!

The next night he took me on a little hour long cruise and the handling of his car was simply amazing. agressive 75 mph lane changes were done that I WOULD NEVER HAVE THE ***** TO DO IN MY C5...The handling reminded me of a gocart I had as a teen ager...

The interior of his NSX also put my C5 to shame and rivaled the 04 M3 that he traded in for it.

I was so impressed with his NSX that I went looking to buy one and found a black 1995 with 72 K miles on it for 33 grand...Guy took me for a drive and while not as fast as the 2005 my friend had the handling felt even better than the newer model...Then he reveiled asecret compartment and turned the key for a 50 shot of NOS that had the car pulling almost as hard as my modded C5...

The only reason that I didnt buy this NSX was because I found a 99 rt 10 with only 27K miles for 40 grand....

But this I swear to you. If I had found a NSX that was atleaste a 1997 and under 40 K miles I would have bought it instead of the Viper...But I just couldnt see getting rid of a 04 C5 for a 95 NSX..Even though it looked and drove incredibly it was still just to old...

One thing you guys are forgetting about the NSX is that it is simply an incredible driving erxperience. My c5 feels HUGE and like a boat handling wise after riding in the NSX's....

You can modd a fbody or C5 to be as fast as a Viper or even faster...But I dont think you can modd these cars to ave the feel of the NSX. It's that good.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Well said.

On the way home from work about two months ago my dad and I were in the slow lane, and a red pre-'97 NSX was creeping up on us, my dad gave him a thumbs up and he nodded to us as he went by, then floored it to go around a left-lane driver ahead of us. Just flicked it over into the other lane like an F1 car, no body roll, looked like a race car passing another. Killer sound too, my dad said it sounded like a badass naturally aspirated Porsche, which it did.

Beautiful car, and everybody buys what they can afford.