Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Vid: Near stock Cobalt SS smokes NSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 05:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Vid: Near stock Cobalt SS smokes NSX

Vids speak for themselves. The Cobalt SS has a CAI. The NSX is stock. Here's the two vids:

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...185e473959.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...8043266440.htm
Old 08-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice run for the cobalt. I love the little four banger
Old 08-07-2006, 05:42 PM
Launching!

I wouldn't say the cobalt SS smoked the NSX. Also, the 97+ NSX is significantly faster than the pre 97 NSX.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cgillies86
I wouldn't say the cobalt SS smoked the NSX. Also, the 97+ NSX is significantly faster than the pre 97 NSX.
Yeah it wasn't a smoking, but in any event, the NSX got beat.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
Teching In

the 1991 to 1996 NSX's especially autos were in a totally different league than the post 1997's. And who cares? The cobalt is a piece of **** econobox with 0 style and I wouldnt drive one if it was a 12 second ride.

Plus, why even look at the video??? you cant see crap its so dark, that could have been a 1983 AMC eagle for all we know, or even a late 80's prelude.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
the 1991 to 1996 NSX's especially autos were in a totally different league than the post 1997's. And who cares? The cobalt is a piece of **** econobox with 0 style and I wouldnt drive one if it was a 12 second ride.

Plus, why even look at the video??? you cant see crap its so dark, that could have been a 1983 AMC eagle for all we know, or even a late 80's prelude.
OK Whinners R Us. If you don't wanna waste your time go to another thread.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Teching In

is it even an NSX?? How do you know? I, like most semi intelligent people, don't simply take BS at face value.

It just looks like someone racing a set of headlights and tailights. I think some kid got his first car, and is posting all kinds of stupid crap on google videos, and less discerning minds are eating it up.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

I would have to disagree with your opinion on the Cobalt. I think the car is great for the price. It is a major improvement over the Cavilier. The car has lots of room inside and drives very well for what it is. My little brother has one and I have taken it for a spin on a few occasions. The interior is comfortable and you get some nice options in the car. It is a 4 cylinder, but has room to improve and for a high school or college person makes a great ride.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Well put, you sound like you have an educated opinion, in your educated opinion do you think its faster than an NSX?

If it is so be it, but my point was the video is a joke.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i own a cobalt ss/sc its a nice car for the money and surprises many people to. As for the races seemed pretty even to me didn't look like anyone was pulling towards the end.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:02 AM
11 Second Club

Well put, you sound like you have an educated opinion, in your educated opinion do you think its faster than an NSX?

If it is so be it, but my point was the video is a joke.
I agree the video is of poor quality and hard to tell who really won.

I am unsure of what everyone else is running with the Cobalts and what certain years of the NSX's run. I do know in stock form my little brother was managing consistent runs of 14.1@99 mph in his Cobalt SS. The car has room for improvement if you can get the 60 foot times down, but that is always a problem with FWD.

As a previous poster mentioned the car does surprise people. I know my little brother did a few mods such as smaller pulley, CAI, Nitto DRs and some tuning. He often catches many people off their guard. I personally raced a 350Z in the car and was impressed with how the car ran. The guy in the 350Z was shocked as well since he was not expecting to lose.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:33 AM
On The Tree

is it even an NSX?? How do you know? I, like most semi intelligent people, don't simply take BS at face value.

It just looks like someone racing a set of headlights and tailights. I think some kid got his first car, and is posting all kinds of stupid crap on google videos, and less discerning minds are eating it up.
first of all ur an ******* !! this kid goes out and buy himself a car makes it run dam fast for a 4 banger than you mr AMG get on here and bashes him cause your fat *** would'nt fit in one.. i mean drive one..SO THE **** WHAT ******** we don't care this forum is LS1 tech not fat rich bastard tech.. so leave the kid alone his car is fast enough for him.. so why are you mashin on him ??? where is your great racin video ?? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT

I own a benz too but you don't see me on here bashin kids cause they don't own a AMG!!!
Old 08-08-2006, 08:09 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Thats a bad little Cobalt! SO it only beat the 270hp NSX, I bet that kid slept well that night. Good kill whoever you are.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Default Agrred

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Thats a bad little Cobalt! SO it only beat the 270hp NSX, I bet that kid slept well that night. Good kill whoever you are.

WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE
Old 08-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah those cobalts are pretty good for the money. Two of my co-workers have a the SS's. A burnt orange and black one. The orange had a GM stage one kit on it and I barely walked away from him from 20-120 probably like a car in a half in the end. Now he has the stage two kit from GM and I'm sure he can beat at this point. That SC whine is sick now with that new pulley but his clutch slips so I should take off my 19's and run him from a stop lol. They are nice cars!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:23 AM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Hey, wait until Stegmeier starts porting those Eatons just like my Cobra, then a smaller pulley, custom tune, extruded intake....little beasts I say!
Old 08-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by stockz
first of all ur an ******* !! this kid goes out and buy himself a car makes it run dam fast for a 4 banger than you mr AMG get on here and bashes him cause your fat *** would'nt fit in one.. i mean drive one..SO THE **** WHAT ******** we don't care this forum is LS1 tech not fat rich bastard tech.. so leave the kid alone his car is fast enough for him.. so why are you mashin on him ??? where is your great racin video ?? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT

I own a benz too but you don't see me on here bashin kids cause they don't own a AMG!!!

I never mentioned my benz, you did.

I never claimed to be "rich" you did.

I have an LS car, and I love it, what your point?

Im fat???

Could you tell if it was an NSX??

You obviously werent breast fed as a child.

All the recent non-scensical NSX bashing just ticks me off, this video of some headlights just pushed me over the edge.

All you do by writing such a response is make your self out to look very childish, and angry at the world for some reason.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree, you cant see **** in the video so who knows what he is racing, and who knows if he is lying about his mods and has a lot more done to the cobalt ss. However chill out man, it seems like you feel the need to defend every expensive import that is relatively fats when it gets beat by a cheaper car...no one is saying that the NSX isnt 100000 times nicer than the cobalt, its just a race between two cars. Thats like if you beat an enzo in your viper and someone posting that its a piece of **** viper just because you beat a more expensive car. Your obviously a smart guy who knows cars and I agree there have been a ton of posts ripping NSX's as of late for no real reason other than to stir **** up but no need to go off the deep end. The cobalt SS is what it is. Its a small sporty car that competes with the srt-4's, is pretty inexpensive new, and is fairly easy to mod. Would I own one? No but that doesnt mean that they are pieces of ****. People buy what they can afford and what they like, so not everyone is going to have a viper/vette/nsx/etc..
Old 08-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Teching In

good point mass,

I can tell you know about the other posts, so many hypocritical people. But youre right, the car itself (cobalt) is proabably a pretty good bang for the buck.

I wish i could find an Enzo to race! :-) None up here though.

Later.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Hey, wait until Stegmeier starts porting those Eatons just like my Cobra, then a smaller pulley, custom tune, extruded intake....little beasts I say!
I believe they already have someone out there porting blowers for these cars.