Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Vid: Near stock Cobalt SS smokes NSX

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stockz
first of all ur an ******* !! this kid goes out and buy himself a car makes it run dam fast for a 4 banger than you mr AMG get on here and bashes him cause your fat *** would'nt fit in one.. i mean drive one..SO THE **** WHAT ******** we don't care this forum is LS1 tech not fat rich bastard tech.. so leave the kid alone his car is fast enough for him.. so why are you mashin on him ??? where is your great racin video ?? THATS WHAT I THOUGHT

I own a benz too but you don't see me on here bashin kids cause they don't own a AMG!!!

No need to be calling people names already! Like any good post there are going to be opinions on everything. You just need to stay civilized and discuss them properly.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the first race the Cobalt got SMOKED!!
Old 08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Teching In

a cobalt ss w/ just cai shouldn't pull any year nsx all things being equal, but stuff happens. it's a video that none of us were at the taping of, so who knows what was really the deal. next?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looked like the rear profile of an NSX to me along w/ those taillights and popup headlights. That and the top of the car is lower than the cobalt (NSX's are loooow). Anyways, it looked like pretty even racing to me...there was no ***-kicking going on. Considering how the NSX guys hate posts of LS1's beating them I'm sure we'll get plenty more replies on here calling the Cobalt a POS that doesn't handle or something along those lines
Old 08-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Teching In

You'd be upset too if you're $90k car was getting beat on by a $20k economy car :-/

There's really no comparison between the two cars though, so I'd hope if if I was lucky enough to have a car like that I'd just go "wtf was that?!" and move on with my life.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CTSVSL65AMG
good point mass,

I can tell you know about the other posts, so many hypocritical people. But youre right, the car itself (cobalt) is proabably a pretty good bang for the buck.

I wish i could find an Enzo to race! :-) None up here though.

Later.

Haha nah I hear ya, people will post a story or a vid of a modded ls1/mustang/srt-4/cobra/ etc beating a stock NSX and will be like "wow what a waste of money, NSX's suck and are garbage", which couldnt be further from the truth. True there are faster cars out there for the money but hey if you can afford 80K-90K for a car then buy what you want, no need to look for the best "bag for the buck" speed wise. Yea id love to see your viper against an enzo, whats it putting down right now? Also, the hennessey vipers have forged engines correct? You planning on any boost or spray in the future? Plus post up some pics of it as I love the older styled vipers.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:01 PM
On The Tree

I never mentioned my benz, you did.

I never claimed to be "rich" you did.

I have an LS car, and I love it, what your point?

Im fat???

Could you tell if it was an NSX??

You obviously werent breast fed as a child.

All the recent non-scensical NSX bashing just ticks me off, this video of some headlights just pushed me over the edge.

All you do by writing such a response is make your self out to look very childish, and angry at the world for some reason.
If you love the nsx that much buy one.I think in one of your post you stated you owned one.It seems you always post to defend the nsx they are nice car's but this is an ls site and if you don't like people bashing the nsx don't read it.
Old 08-08-2006, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

I never mentioned my benz, you did.

I never claimed to be "rich" you did.

I have an LS car, and I love it, what your point?

Im fat???

Could you tell if it was an NSX??

You obviously werent breast fed as a child.

All the recent non-scensical NSX bashing just ticks me off, this video of some headlights just pushed me over the edge.

All you do by writing such a response is make your self out to look very childish, and angry at the world for some reason.
ok first LOL i seen the last 3 letters in your name ...oops sorry! .. either way good for you, you got a nice ride im sure being an LS, but you started bashing the kid for his ride, so i thought i would rub your a little raw and see if u bleed ..I see u do !!!

Still wanta bash GM's car's? again why don't you go join the mustang club of texas and you and the pres whom owns a F-body can bash all the gm cars you want >> my 2 cents

as far as childish ..LMAO who bashin on a kid and his nice ride?? then you BACK THE **** UP when you realize you were an *** ....but TOO LATE
LOLOLOLOL
Old 08-08-2006, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sigforty
No need to be calling people names already! Like any good post there are going to be opinions on everything. You just need to stay civilized and discuss them properly.
yep your right MY FAULT SORRY MR AMG ... no excuse ..i was an *** my bad
Old 08-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Teching In

ok first LOL i seen the last 3 letters in your name ...oops sorry! .. either way good for you, you got a nice ride im sure being an LS, but you started bashing the kid for his ride, so i thought i would rub your a little raw and see if u bleed ..I see u do !!!

Still wanta bash GM's car's? again why don't you go join the mustang club of texas and you and the pres whom owns a F-body can bash all the gm cars you want >> my 2 cents

as far as childish ..LMAO who bashin on a kid and his nice ride?? then you BACK THE **** UP when you realize you were an *** ....but TOO LATE
LOLOLOLOL

This post makes no sense at all.

Every manufacturer makes a cheap-o econobox, GM is probably the least guilty of all of them, I love GM's and I love my LS6.

Why would I join the mustang forum? I own an LS.

I never bashed the Kid. The car does not make the man. You can drive a piece of crap and still be fine person, never said anything about the person. Driving a nice car, doesn't make you a better person, never said that either.

Either way, you seem to be the most fired up here, and by far the rudest, so I am not sure what else to say.

Did you notice that other posters here, recieve civil and intelligent responses when the make civil and intelligent posts?

You should try it.

Anyway. I need to go hit the treadmill I am fat....ha!
Old 08-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Teching In

yep your right MY FAULT SORRY MR AMG ... no excuse ..i was an *** my bad

Just read this after my last post. Its all good. I still think the cobalt is a POS though :-)
Old 08-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Blackss99
If you love the nsx that much buy one.I think in one of your post you stated you owned one.It seems you always post to defend the nsx they are nice car's but this is an ls site and if you don't like people bashing the nsx don't read it.
I am defending the car, just tired of crazy claims, blacked out videos and closed minded bashing of any car.

Yes I did own one, a 1997 NSXT, one of the finest vehicles I have driven or owned, and I have had a few decent rides to compare it to.

Its all good.
Old 08-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Haha nah I hear ya, people will post a story or a vid of a modded ls1/mustang/srt-4/cobra/ etc beating a stock NSX and will be like "wow what a waste of money, NSX's suck and are garbage", which couldnt be further from the truth. True there are faster cars out there for the money but hey if you can afford 80K-90K for a car then buy what you want, no need to look for the best "bag for the buck" speed wise. Yea id love to see your viper against an enzo, whats it putting down right now? Also, the hennessey vipers have forged engines correct? You planning on any boost or spray in the future? Plus post up some pics of it as I love the older styled vipers.

Ill take some tonight or tomorrow. Imagine what sex looks like....thats the car.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This post makes no sense at all.

Every manufacturer makes a cheap-o econobox, GM is probably the least guilty of all of them, I love GM's and I love my LS6.

Why would I join the mustang forum? I own an LS.

I never bashed the Kid. The car does not make the man. You can drive a piece of crap and still be fine person, never said anything about the person. Driving a nice car, doesn't make you a better person, never said that either.

Either way, you seem to be the most fired up here, and by far the rudest, so I am not sure what else to say.

Did you notice that other posters here, recieve civil and intelligent responses when the make civil and intelligent posts?

You should try it.

Anyway. I need to go hit the treadmill I am fat....ha!

I have trouble understanding you. You'd think that someone with the supposed amount of money as you would be alot more mature.

If it is any reconciliation the NSX is a Manumatic. I've emailed the guy that beat the NSX. He apologized for the videos shotty quality (His girlfriend taped it). He is actively searching for the other part of the video, where the guy talks with him. The NSX actually had a few minor bolt ons, but obviously 252hp and a manumatic don't correlate to a faster 1/4 mile time.

I still see no reason for your bashing, and i'm beginning to really think you are a BS'er trying to start crap on this forum. Why don't you post up some pics of these awesome rides of yours. I'm beginning to wonder if i'm arguing with a 12 year old on the other side.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Just read this after my last post. Its all good. I still think the cobalt is a POS though :-)
LOl me too but i thought the kid had a decent car for a first semi fast car... i thought you were just bashing him ... MY bad ... cause its a colbalt but at least he has a GM

and always all good just some friendly bashing LOL
Old 08-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Denom
I have trouble understanding you. You'd think that someone with the supposed amount of money as you would be alot more mature.

If it is any reconciliation the NSX is a Manumatic. I've emailed the guy that beat the NSX. He apologized for the videos shotty quality (His girlfriend taped it). He is actively searching for the other part of the video, where the guy talks with him. The NSX actually had a few minor bolt ons, but obviously 252hp and a manumatic don't correlate to a faster 1/4 mile time.

I still see no reason for your bashing, and i'm beginning to really think you are a BS'er trying to start crap on this forum. Why don't you post up some pics of these awesome rides of yours. I'm beginning to wonder if i'm arguing with a 12 year old on the other side.

where was I immature? Infact, short of my first post wich agreeably was a little uncalled for, I have been rather col and calm, I didnt call any body names or use foul language, or call them liars....

And...are you calling me a liar about my cars?

Do it...Ill make you look foolish...

I never mentioned any of my cars, you guys did.

Go back and read all my responses.

Anyway, have a good one, and I would rather not keep arguing, I agree I was a little rough in my very first post.

g'night.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Apology accepted. Now if Bulldog would only post where he talks with the guy about his mods, and you can see the car it would make this thread look abundantly clear that the car is, in fact, an NSX.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
Teching In

I believe its an NSX. I looked at the video again at home, not on my treo 700w, I could make out the sexy curves of the NSX.

FYI,

the 1991-1996 autos were the slowest NSX's ever made, and you can find used ones in the High 20's.

Just a point of reference.

Thanks!

How do you post pics? It wont work for me.

Last edited by CTSVSL65AMG; 08-09-2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Regular

Who cares what year it was! You hung and then beat him. WHERE IS THIER GOD NOW BITCHES!LOL Good job man.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Nice.