Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

EVO Vs. HAWK (funny)

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
what a ****, what does the evo get on hwy?
Well on a recent trip with the car loaded driving through Idaho (so lots of hills) and the A/C blasting 2/3rds of the trip I got 26mpg. That was with several full boost "passes" and about 50miles of city driving.

Thats what I hate about dealers, most of the time there the ones that give a certain car a bad name and talk so much **** that most people dont know the truth about the car they are looking at.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98hardtopZ
what a ****, what does the evo get on hwy?
The Evo is rated at 19/26MPG. However, it doesn't get nearly that good of fuel economy in real world driving. People automatically assume that it will get great gas mileage because its only a 4 cylinder, well thats just not so. Its a high performance motor, its turbocharged, and it will use just as much fuel as a V8 if you drive it hard. You need fuel to make power, regardless of engine size. Its also AWD, which uses even more fuel.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:13 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TX_SS
5th firehawk means V6 trans am :
you gotta be kiddin me....he was serious?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

EVOs are ******* turds. Nice raping. He can come back with mods and still get buslengthed
Old 08-27-2006, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Quick1998Z28
EVOs are ******* turds. Nice raping. He can come back with mods and still get buslengthed
LOL what a stupid post, read up on the EVO more buddy. Oh yea, is buslengthed even a word?
Old 08-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Teching In

rgr that. some of these young folks (17-19) years old are clueless about what they are driving. they think that itz the fastest cars on the road. i went to mitsubish dealership one day to take a look at the evo. one of the sales man told me....

his exact quotes were.....
"this car is the fastest street legal import."
"you cant go wrong with this baby, this car is a rocket!"
"you will beat any exotic cars on the road cuz of this AWD"
"this rocket will out-handle anything on the road."

he then saw my car and said;

"you might wanna trade that in cuz you will never be satisify with it."
"evo will give you better gas milage plus better performance"

unfortunaly, i left without saying anything and never went back.

he still calls me till this date. he said "the red evo is waiting for you"
Thats when you tell the salesman you'll sign the papers today if he can beat you. Just call him out and see how bad he wants the sale.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by DANS LS1
LOL what a stupid post, read up on the EVO more buddy. Oh yea, is buslengthed even a word?
Evos really aren't that fast. They are quick from a dig because of AWD, but after that they dont have ****.

A stock Cobalt SS S/C will hang with an Evo from a roll at any speed. Enough said
Old 08-29-2006, 12:32 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

"oh my turbo overcooler waste blowoff injector volitiles are clogged thats why i lost"

Its either that or "Oh...well...Im not running full boost"

Well why the **** are you racing then. Next time I lose, Im gonna be like.....oh well I was running on 7 cylinders.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ss1129
"oh my turbo overcooler waste blowoff injector volitiles are clogged thats why i lost"

Its either that or "Oh...well...Im not running full boost"

Well why the **** are you racing then. Next time I lose, Im gonna be like.....oh well I was running on 7 cylinders.
he didnt make any lame excuese but he did say;

"i just this car so i need to break-em in and im a new @ stick"

"i can beat you if my car was modded~!"
"ill be back with few mods.."
Old 08-29-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good kill, I'm not going to knock on Evo's but their cocky drivers I will.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:48 AM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=AmericanMuscle313] Im a domestic car guy but I love my women importedQUOTE]

Im the exact same way Cept my Asian girl loves ridin in my formula The best of both worlds... i love it
Old 08-29-2006, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98BanditWS6
Evos really aren't that fast. They are quick from a dig because of AWD, but after that they dont have ****.

A stock Cobalt SS S/C will hang with an Evo from a roll at any speed. Enough said
I hope your joking
Old 08-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

I hope your joking
I was thinking the same thing!
Old 08-29-2006, 05:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

They are quick but man are they gay looking. I remember ducking this guy in a turbo dodge shadow back when I had my 91z. Given his car was probably faster.....but speed isnt everything all the time......just most of the time.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:00 PM
Staging Lane

I hope your joking
Originally Posted by NIevo
was thinking the same thing!
What do you know...2 Evo owners thinking the same thing. How surprising.

Truth is I'm not joking. Like I've said, when the Evo doesn't have the AWD advantage from a dig, it isn't that fast.

Check out the numbers: Performance Specs

The Evo does 5-60 in 6.3 seconds. Thats a good 1.5 seconds off of its 0-60. I've never seen any other vehicle have that much of a gap between those two times. Just goes to show how much of an advantage AWD really is, and how it can make up for a lack of real power.

The Cobalt SS S/C can do 5-60MPH in 6.2 seconds, per the same source. Heres the link: Cobalt SS S/C Specs

Trap speeds are only a few MPH off as well. I've seen more than a couple vids where Cobalt SS S/C's, either stock or with an intake, have hung with stock Evos. They are just as fast from a roll with just an intake, face the facts, the Evo is overhyped.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:18 PM
TECH Resident

Truth is I'm not joking. Like I've said, when the Evo doesn't have the AWD advantage from a dig, it isn't that fast.

The Evo does 5-60 in 6.3 seconds. Thats a good 1.5 seconds off of its 0-60. I've never seen any other vehicle have that much of a gap between those two times. Just goes to show how much of an advantage AWD really is, and how it can make up for a lack of real power.

The Cobalt SS S/C can do 5-60MPH in 6.2 seconds, per the same source. Heres the link: Cobalt SS S/C Specs

Trap speeds are only a few MPH off as well. I've seen more than a couple vids where Cobalt SS S/C's, either stock or with an intake, have hung with stock Evos. They are just as fast from a roll with just an intake, face the facts, the Evo is overhyped.
i see your points but dont mean evo doesnt have **** or overrated. they are good at what they are made to do. i would love to have an evo if i had the money.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

i see your points but dont mean evo doesnt have **** or overrated. they are good at what they are made to do. i would love to have an evo if i had the money.
Thats cool, but I still don't see why. They look like crap (riced out 4 door sedan??), sound like garbage, and aren't even fast stock.

I would feel like a ricer driving one, I wouldn't ever even consider purchasing one.
Old 08-29-2006, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

Wait a minute, what do Cobalts trap? Mid 90's is the fastest I found. Evo's trap anywhere from 100-107 depending on the year, pretty much the same as an f-body. Id say that 5-10mph is pretty significant.

You cant say that a Cobalt can hang just because of a 5-60 test. The Cobalt is Supercharged while the Evo is turbo'd, big difference in delivery. Thats like saying an LS1 can hang with a Saleen S7 as long as the Saleen stays in 3rd gear for a 5-60 run. At 5mph any turbo'd car is going to have a disadvantage against a non-turbo'd or supercharged car unless the driver brake boosts which the mags just dont do.
Old 08-29-2006, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

tx_ss how many car lengths did you put on this guy ? bus lengths? i would imagine so. im wondering what mods he thinks he can do to run with you
Old 08-30-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00firebird
tx_ss how many car lengths did you put on this guy ? bus lengths? i would imagine so. im wondering what mods he thinks he can do to run with you
i cant really remember how bad i beat him.. he was car behind from start and it was getting worse every sec...