Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 05:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turbo integra type R, it was a sad night for me
Old 08-31-2006, 07:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother's 88' 2.3 ranger m5 vs 99' Mustang GT M5 , it wasn't pretty.
Old 09-01-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Resident

Had a Lambo Gallardo pull up behind me on the highway once on my way home. I couldnt tell what it was by the headlights, figured it was a ricer and decided to get over and let him pass me. Once I realized what it was he gunned it to get ahead of me. Lined up eventually and from a 1st gear roll he put about a bus length or two on me by the end of 3rd. I knew I'd get slaughtered but heck you dont see that everyday.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I was 17 I sunk all my graduation money into my '74 Cutlass. I went the whole route-462 inch motor, big cam, reworked heads, stout trans...and still had the stock one-legger 2.73 rear! (ran out of loot) Anyways my dad and I were out cruising around and I pulled up next to a nice sounding 85 or 86 Stang at a light. The light went green and we rolled out easy, I layed into it a bit and the other guy bit and we both went for it. I tried to pedal it for traction and he hit second and left me like I was sittin still! What a bummer, but after that my I found a used rear diff and my dad got me a set of 3.42's. Made a helluva difference for about 800 more miles till it spun a bearing! That was a worse death for me. I still have that old motor and trans...
Old 09-01-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't really consider this a death, bc I knew it was a heck of a lot faster than me...A few weeks back I was in Myrtle Beach on 17 and noticed a really nice looking Lexus IS300. We rode next to each other for a good bit, complimented each others cars and such...well we got to one light and I was explaining how I saw a video of a IS300 that was turbo'd and had around 600HP. I knew his was turbo'd so I was thinking he was pretty high up there himself. Well we got to the last and final light and I told him I wanted to see how that car ran...well we both took off and he just walked away like I was handicapped.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:32 PM
12 Second Club

1972 chevelle witha 572 walked away from me like i was a mustang or something ! haha
1968 camaro witha 690 hp 468 spun by me at 30 with like 10 inch slicks on as well..
2 and only bad street kills so far.
Old 09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my worst death. i was driving my grand am and a rice car smoked me with a ricer fly bye.
Old 09-02-2006, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

This one didn't happen to me but at the track my brother was lined up against an 8 second 2nd gen Camaro. My brother was the last one in the street lane with his near stock WS6 and somehow got mixed in with this guy. Well that Camaro was near the 330' mark by the time by brother hit the 60'. His 8.6 was a little faster than my brother's 13.6. It was probably even close to his 1/8th mile time. Afterwards, I asked him what it looked like seeing an 8 second land rocket fly away from him like that and he said he didn't even realize who was in the other lane. He wish he had once I show him the tape.
Old 09-02-2006, 04:40 PM
On The Tree

Back when I had my 93 Cobra I ran into what I "thought" at the time was a slicked out regal with T-Tops, I had TFS o-ring heads E303 cam (I think), Pro-M blah blah blah and some lower end goodies, it was a fairly fast car for the time, Doug Nash tranny, and I USED to feel confident in it, then I freakin ran into this Regal.... I remember the plate said 1BADV6 and I was snickering to myself how I was gonna bust one on this dude...
I roll up and toss it down to second, get the rpm's up and sounding mean...
The driver looks over at me and this CHICK says Hahahahh "Does Junior wanna play ??"
About the time I am thinking WTF.. The nose just about leaves the ground.. I remember thinkin the front tires were SKIPPING on the tar and the back tires are SMOULDERING as it simply up and disappears down RTE 125..
None of my friends ( did I mention I had about three car loads of guys behind me- we were goin to the beach) EVER let me live that down.
God Damn Grand Nationals
Old 03-24-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

bump, resurrected from the grave...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Staging Lane

Back a whilllllllllle ago, i was driving with my mom on the highway in my '83. i wasn't being a douche driver swerving through lanes, just going to the lane which had space and was quicker. saw a new charger (v8 but not srt8) tailing me through the lanes and he was pretty close. i was in the middle lane, looked over to the left and as soon as there was space, i see him signal and move over and start a pass. i rammed the gas (going 60-65) and all the car does is rev, downshift, then upshift, then downshift, then back upshift. only gained like 10mph. didn't help being in OD, but still. all i see is the charger pass and then cut into my lane and fly away. it was a pretty bad feeling that the car was THAT slow, i mean, i know its slow, but i got raped. didn't help with my mom yelling at me...
Old 03-25-2009, 12:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

this was a cool read
Old 03-25-2009, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Aside from the slaughters that have been my last two cars, I have only lost one race since buying my LT-1 T/A (I don't race much). 98gs-r recently bought his 200sx with a turbo swap, so we decided to race. He had a passenger, I didn't. From every roll, he beat me from between 2-5 cars by 130 mph I was stock and in need of a tune (ricer excuses) so the outcome should be different now.

But my worst death was definitely racing a friend's Mustang 5.0 5 speed against my 2.4L Grand Am. I must say, out of everything I have ever raced, that was the worst death..we didn't start even, but the 747 lengths he had on me showed I didn't stand a chance.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know what my worst death would be but here are couple death stories (the track story is pretty entertaining).

TRACK: I was there for a rental day with my brothers, dad, and some friends. We were counting the car in the lanes to see who lined up with what and it turns out I was set to race a 300C SRT8 (they were fairly new at the time and I was on a similar setup to what I'm running now). My brother, who has the same car as I do with similar power, started running his mouth off about how, "If you lose to that boat, you'll never hear the end of it. We'll make fun of you forever. BLAH BLAH BLAH". The thing looked bone stock and the hood was closed.

Well, it turns out this guy had one of the newly available blowers on his car and even on his street tires he trapped over 120 mph and ran well over half a second quicker than me. I was like and my brother started making fun of me. But revenge is sweet... Turns out HE got lined up next to it in the next round and got wrecked just as bad as I did. Now I tell everyone that story and get just as big a kick out of it every single time.

STREET: I was in the turning lane to get onto the highway early last year but saw a silver 03 Cobra cruise by on the two lane road we were on, so I pulled out and caught up with him. The one good run we had was from about 35-40 with me strong in second. He started half a car back with traction issues and by the time I hit third he was flying by me, put about two cars on me to the top of third and let off. We pulled over and chatted and turns out he had just gotten his 76mm Precision turbo kit up and running. He was on low boost (500+ to the wheels) and was a very cool guy. I ended up chatting with him later when he saw the thread I posted on SVTP as he's a member also. It's always cool when you randomly run into guys from the forums that you never met before.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by djsanchez2
the thing trapped 138mph at PALMDALE.he was running low 12's. HAHA.

WOW!!!! He has traction issues big time! lol
Old 03-25-2009, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
TRACK: I was there for a rental day with my brothers, dad, and some friends. We were counting the car in the lanes to see who lined up with what and it turns out I was set to race a 300C SRT8 (they were fairly new at the time and I was on a similar setup to what I'm running now). My brother, who has the same car as I do with similar power, started running his mouth off about how, "If you lose to that boat, you'll never hear the end of it. We'll make fun of you forever. BLAH BLAH BLAH". The thing looked bone stock and the hood was closed.

Well, it turns out this guy had one of the newly available blowers on his car and even on his street tires he trapped over 120 mph and ran well over half a second quicker than me. I was like and my brother started making fun of me. But revenge is sweet... Turns out HE got lined up next to it in the next round and got wrecked just as bad as I did. Now I tell everyone that story and get just as big a kick out of it every single time.
LOL, I remember that 300C SRT8. I'm still shocked to this day by how bad it beat us. I saw it at the track last year and it now has a beefed suspension and slicks and runs WELL into the 10's!

My worst deaths were as follows:

Right after I got my headers installed on my 2002 Z28 M6. I put down 342/356 and had beaten a few decent cars including a catback only 2004 Cobra vert, and Vortec supercharged 1999 Saleen vert, so I was feeling pretty damn good about my car. I was crusing home one night and I saw a dark colored fox LX race a Lightning. They were too far ahead to see who won but I caught up and ended up racing the fox. To this day I have no idea what was done to it, but it wasn't even a race. He probably put 5 cars on me in 2 gears, lol.

Next was right after I installed my cam and got it tuned on the same car. The car put down 420/374 and I was really feeling good after putting about 10 cars on a supercharged 1996 GT auto vert (LOL, come to find out that even with the blower it was probably only making about 260-280 rwhp). So I pull into a parking lot and park next to a white 2003 Cobra and my brother and I start looking for the owner. Well, he found us and we agreed to run him. He turned out to be a very cool kid, but the car was nasty, making over 520rwhp with a ported blower setup. We went from 60mph up to 120mph (I'm sure he was going much faster) and he put at least 4 cars on me. Definitely no shame in getting your *** kicked by some badass cars!

Last edited by ScreaminRedZ; 03-25-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

my first loss in my car was from a 1990 mustang with a fresh 351w, heavily ported gt40 heads, weiand intake, holly carb, headers, 520 lift cam, and drag radials...he hooked, i didnt. a few cars

i just installed lt's im going to get some slicks and race him again....maybe install my cam first
Old 03-25-2009, 12:50 PM
12 Second Club

went to the track a few weeks ago to test the new stall, and while i was having trans problems and only ran a 12.50, it still didnt matter, the 67 camaro i ran went 9.97 and made me look like i was goin in reverse! Funny thing though, i lined up next to him again and it was the son of the guy driving he first time and he ran a 15 somthin, man i felt like a million bucks!!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

This is when my car was stock aside from exhaust and a K&N. I hadnt had the car that long. But I saw a purple LS Camaro rolling around town and figured I'd give chase since I didnt really know much about the LS motors yet. I goosed the throttle once we got out of town and we ran from about 60 to 130 with no honks. He got me by at least 4 cars but we had to shutdown due to traffic. Needless to say I learned a little bit about LS1s. And so the modding began
Old 03-25-2009, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Mmmmmm Worst death... this was 4 or so years ago. One night when we had allot of cars at sonic in Ga somewhere, I was suppose to run a Local 79 camaro as we were down visiting another group in town south of ours, but before the first car was there another Ls1 camaro showed up (on i had heard was fast) and said he was the fastest stock ls1 around and this he had came all the way from town North of my location to race me, i figured i could beat him easily and i thought this would be a great time to do it before the first car showed up to race.

That way, after this run i would could chill for a while before the original race i had came down for was ready to go. But I wanted to make sure i was King of the Stock Ls1's in my town. So away we went

Well we jumped in the cars headed out , Luckly very few cars were behind us so we drew no attention, we got out on the freeway and it looked really clear for a good distance. we were a little below 55, i was in 2nd. I amusmed he was also, as both cars were stock with lids and tuners, now he clamied to be so much faster that he had a passenger with a vid camara

So we honked it off and i jumped a half a fender on the start and begin to pull.. the cars both at full throttle sounded sweet to the hear as i Jam 3rd and continue my full car lenght pull by now and i slam it into 4th... I LOOK up and there is a MB in MY Lane i slm the brakes and try to shut her down, as black smoke roars from the benz, as he tries to get out of the way( later i found out it they were tring to watch the DAM RACE..???)

And that was what i thought to be the end of the race between us.

Then on the way back to the spot another camaro came up beside him on the far fast lane side i assume he followed us to race after we did.. they slow down.. I am thinking.. MMMM i have already beat him once .. let see what the other car has.. So I quickly jump to the right side of the car i just raced and now we are 3 wide on the freeway..

The middle ls1 beeps it off and the SCREEEECH of tires and roar of the motors sounded like a dam Nascar race.. as we took off, i can only assume the 3rd car Missed a shift as he dropped his nose by my sec shift and i didnt see him again...

I continue my pull on the.. ??? wait ..wt heck he is still there?? ( the car had dropped slightly behind my rear fender and i was NOT pulling???) I Jam 4th and MAttt it to the floor as hard as I have ever before... I looke back ..OH CRAP.. he is now gaining ?? I am not going down DAM IT !!!! now his nose is at the rear of my fender and i can see the passengers face .. I JAM 5TH ..This is NOT happing.. i look down 145,146,...147 as he noses barely pass me i LIFT

....BOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

Dead, Nothing... No Noise No Motor No gauges ... electical but Nothing Else...... OH CRAP

i coast off the exit and wait till i can bring the car to a stop.. smoke engulfs the car for a sec... OH SHEEEEOOOTTT ...

I try and crank the car... Vrooom Yeah!!! she runs ..Oh No .. there it a miss.. DAm

Long / short is Blew a hole in the piston, according to the people watching from behind .. during the second race i was spitting oil and eventually parts out the back off the car.. the guy in the Benz said he had to wash his car.. i told him Next time to park on the dam side of the road Not in the middle of the freeway.

Thats is my worst death.. blowing up my 1st motor.

Quick Reply: Post your worst death(s)