Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

funniest thing you said to someone when racing/beating them???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a guy in a stock bullitt say he kept up with me "REAL GOOD" in 2nd gear, while I was spinning trying to get traction
Old 07-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Launching!

#1:
When I was a junior in high school I bought a pristine '79 corvette with a built 350 -370 hp SBC. I worked my *** off for that car. Also, being a junior, i got a lot of "is it your dad's?" which id reply that i let him drive it if he waxes it. after awhile, i just got sick of the people talking and all the bullshit drama that is high school. I started to tell people it was a ford probe with a body kit. usually got some good laughs with that one. after awhile, this guy in school comes up to me and challenges me to a race for 50 bucks. hes in a honda CRX with some minor motor work and im in the vette wondering what the F*CK this guy is thinking. I absolutely destroy him. not even a contest 10 ft away from the start line. I never even shifted out of first gear.
We get back and he says " I thought that thing was a probe??""

#2:
Buddy of mine in a beater 100 dollar car he bought. we both have ls1 cars. this thing is a hyundai 2 door hatchback that looks like a geo metro on a bad day. silver pain thats rusting, a stenciled spraycan tag that says rice rocket on the side, and an exhaust that ends after the cats. oh and the motor eats oil faster than it burns gas. we roll down main street, just phucking around. we pull up to a guy on his 600cc crotchrocket, obviously a new rider. hes got the shiny new helmet, gloves, hell even a matching jacket and pants. all lime green like his bike. also the obvious tough guy vibe that you aquire on your first crotch rocket. which gives me the impulse to yell out the window:

"Hey man! wanna go from a dig?! We got all wheel drive we'll rip you outta the hole!"

He just turns his head towards us with a confused look on his face, not quite sure if we're screwing around, serious or just screwing with him. so he yells back

"are you serious?"

"yeah man we'll pull a couple spark plug wires off and give you a head start!"

for some reason he wouldnt talk to me after that...

Last edited by nine-eight; 07-13-2007 at 02:51 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by nfa
Someone I know with a cobalt ss asked me jokingly before going to the track if I wanted to run for "pinks". I said "no thanks, I already have a winter beater."
LOL this got me rollin! at 1:30 am in the mornin
Old 07-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BULLITT
"So is that all your Ls1 has?"

"Whats the back of your fbody look like?"
lol i love seeing people like this, makes you wanna sit em down and beat the **** out of them until they realize they suck
Old 07-13-2007, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a guy in an Evo brag about his AWD and 25G turbo, and how he didn't have to go from the roll to kill LS1's. So I said my RWD auto is up for the challenge. He laughed. So 3 races later first 2 started even the 3rd I let him start at my back bumper and roll to the front before I left. I had him by buses all times he was behind me before he got out of first.
So I tell him "Dam AWD is sweet! You had me untill I took my foot off the brake!"
Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nomadnate
i ran a skittle running off the down pipe and took him right out of first gear from a stop (this is when i was stock). at the next light he said "you caught me without my drag radials. i said "yeah you caught me on a stock car." i later found out he had the stage 2 upgrade for it but i can't remember what all that is.

i mess with my friend and his 95 z28 m6 lightly modded. he spins like crazy from a stop every time. i told him he couldn't beat a cavalier for spinning. he said he would just beat them sideways so he could see there face.
I used to spin like hell on my old tires (which contributed to spun rod bearings ) but I remember once a kid in a god-knows-what (so much crap I couldn't recognize the car underneath) and the biggest "NOS" bottle I've ever seen in the trunk pulling alongside. I was worried.....until I saw his bottle rolling around his trunk. So the light changes, I launch, going sideways, and he launches straight. I am moving faster. I hook...sideways, and skid into the empty oncoming lane to get traction, still ahead of the kid too. Afterwards I remember saying "How big a shot you running?" And he said like 250 or something (total BS lol) and I said wow, that's a big shot. He says yeah, I couldn't get traction when I hit it. I laughed and said "I never had traction, so you got raped sideways. Maybe my Z28 just wanted to see your car hit that 250 shot."
Old 07-14-2007, 03:11 AM
12 Second Club

Guy in a turbo civic told me "I'll go up to about 160 mph, but that's as fast as I'll go..." So we race and I beat him by about 10 cars by 110, then I drive by the hangout spot later and get cussed out..lol
Old 07-14-2007, 05:27 AM
Launching!

Most of you have seen the movie Grandmas Boy.Hilariously dumb,almost classic.Anyways,the part where Grey Bush beats the kid at the frogger game and dudes goes"Yeah!!Your ***** weak!***** weak!..............Wizzeak!(high pitch)***** weak>
Well I have done that more than once.They probably dont think its funny,but it makes me laugh!Mostly to my friends though.
After we park and get out,ill usually bust that on the losing cars driver.It works best in a group of friends cause everyones laughing

Last edited by six_string_wiz; 07-14-2007 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Resident

When i first got my WS6. My wife was driving it and a mustang pulled up next to us and said to her want race, so we line up at a light and she hits it and kills him by bus lengths and at the next light i asked him "What happen" the guy said IT'S A MUSTANG. WE busted out laughing . GOOD TIMES
Old 07-14-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Lol hey i thought you said that was a cobra. Happened to a dude that raced me in a SN95 cobra.
Old 07-14-2007, 06:29 PM
12 Second Club

me and one of my friends were cruisin around in my light bolt on 305 RS Camaro, I pull up next to a 94ish bright yellow civic at a red and held a bag of rice out the window and yelled RICER!!!! at him, he got pissed and revved I returned the rev. I stalled it up to 1500 and and took him out of the hole and to the top of 2nd when we hit another red. He was pissed so he had his windows down and turned his stereo me and my friend look at each other and laugh, then I turn mine up (2 cvr12''s on 1200W oh yea) He got even more pissed and revved again so I returned the rev and held the rice out the window again. The light turned green and we both launched I had half a car on him through 2nd then started pullin hard in 3rd then I slowed down to the speed limit and got a ricer flyby. The funny part is my best time in my car is a 16.77 @81.1 and I pulled him
Here is the bag of rice I held out of the window
Old 07-17-2007, 09:40 AM
Staging Lane

back home, there's a chick with a 99 cobra, headers and exhaust i believe, and she'd drive around town talking **** and revving at people, but never racing anyone. (coming around corners sideways, in the wet) anyway, i finally get her to line up to me in the skittle. this was before the bigger turbo, bla bla bla, ~260 whp ~300 wtq. went from a dig, and by the top of second i'd passed her, took it all the way to 140, at which time she was 8 lengths back. when we see her again at the walgreens (where the "racers" go. i just had to pee) when my girlfriend asked what happened, all she could come up with was "uh, yea, i missed 5th"

Last edited by wannasupra; 07-17-2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Launching!

Missed 5th? Haha race is usually over way before 5th
Old 07-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Teching In

awesome thread!

"nice gas milage!"
Old 07-20-2007, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

When racing this stupid *** asian guy in an STI who wanted to race when there were cars like 30 yards ahead of me. So we waited until cars were a mile up. Then I downshifted and punched it, dead even then I started to pull inch by inch and let off. I yelled at him since our windows were down "American muscle, bitch!" he was driving that STI like it was a viper for the past 10 blocks, reving it to 5k and letting it rev down..biggest deuch ever. And my car was just a peice of **** w/ a lt1 in it lol. He had a brand new 05 sti.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jpat1023
Saw it coming, but I still laughed
You should of said, "i bet you wish you had that beer now"
Old 07-21-2007, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

i raced my friends civic hatch in my lt1 and distoried it and i we got out to talk and his shirt said (wow your car must fast cuz you were halling *** when i passed you in my honda) and i said my car must be really fast cuz you never passed me... he got kinda pissed...
Old 07-21-2007, 05:39 PM
Launching!

mine was, " im sorry i didnt know we were racing i just wanted to get to the next light "
Old 07-21-2007, 07:20 PM
TECH Resident

i know its lame but it just popped into my head the other day when i raced an eclipse. him "damn how many horses do you got under that dinosaur?" ME: "apparantly alot more then you"
Old 07-22-2007, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably lame also! But i pulled up next to some riced out piece of crap at a light, driver was just sat there with the gangster lean and a cigarette hangin out his mouth!
I just wanted to say "i bet that's all you get to smoke in that piece of ****!"