Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Slaughtered an 05 GT last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006 | 11:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
not saying that he is, but on a gm board with a group of mustang posters, when one is talking out of his *** it makes the rest look bad.

I agree..and have already acknowledged that. Luckily everyone here knows this guy is a tool, and happens to own a stang. He belongs in an Accord though.
Old 10-01-2006 | 12:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TheBigthree
I You can't judge a car by any one race, especially cars that within .5 tenths of each other.
Here's the track where I run. It's high altitude so the numbers will be at least a second slower than normal. They say 1.2 seconds slower
This is proof that you can't judge a car by one race.
ok MULTIPLE RACES say your gay 05 GT will be behind an LS1 you annoying ricer.
Old 10-01-2006 | 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Yep, I agree with this post, because it's closer to what happens in real street races. An LS1 can beat a Cobra once in a while. On the street, this all things are equal stuff is not a reality. If an LS1 is untouchable, then anyone could drive it and it will beat an S197. I think LS1's vs Civics or Integras would be an impossible situation. LS1 vs S197? It's a driver's race. If LS1's did low 12's or dipped into the 11's stock, I wouldn't even try to comment on beating one.
you are a magazine racing ****. Anyone can drive an LS1 and beat an 05 GT
Old 10-01-2006 | 01:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
Then we'd be hearing how he beat a C6 ZO6 with a bolt on Accord. Maybe a Yugo or Scion would be more his speed.
That's true. But the Scion would have to be the Xb. The tC would even give him a reason to spout off.
Old 10-01-2006 | 05:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell
He definitely does NOT represent the bulk of stang owners (including me). I dunno what it is about these s197 owners thinking their cars are touched by God.
I won't even park my 04 cobra next to S197 owners during the Saturday show; seems more and more show up every week as well. I'm talking to LT/LS guys more than ever before these days.

Overall, S197 owners takes to new heights what I thought the terminator/LSX crowd had mastered. Then they get creative and do all the mid 60's decals (i.e. rice) to their 6 bangers and GT's.

In short, keep putting them in their place
Old 10-01-2006 | 07:15 PM
Banned

Just to prove something here... My car (2000 Z-28 M6) is still stock down to the paper air filter and good year tires. I have had my car on 2 different dyno's and they both produced different numbers just because they were different dyno's but on a dynojet my car put down 303whp/324wtq... I was extremely happy with those numbers but then I took it to another local shop and it put down 279whp/320wtq and that was a dynodynamics (supposetly the hardest dyno). Anyway I've taken it to the track quite a few times and I've run consistant 13.2's with the car and have a best of 13.17@104.5mph again this is with the crappy stock street tires and the clutch acting up in 3rd and 4th gear (still has stock clutch). There are a few 05-up GT's running around here in KY as well and none have even compared to my times at the same track. Only way they can get a faster time is with mods. Example: a guy here has a '06 GT M5 with: Bassani HighFlow X-Pipe w/Cats, C&L Cold Air intake, Flowmaster Axel-back exhaust, Moto Blue Underdrive Pulleys, and Xcalibrator 2 tuner w/Brenspeed tune. His Timeslip:
60ft: 2.015
330ft: 5.514
1/8: 8.444 @ 83.618mph
1/4: 13.100 @ 104.127

My bone stock 2000 Z-28 timeslip at the exact same track:

60ft: 2.131
330ft: 5.668
1/8: 8.559 @ 85.077mph
1/4: 13.179 @ 104.581mph

Another story I'm also into Honda's quite well when a buddy rolled up on a GT in his Integra LS with Type R swap. He rolled the GT by 2 cars... he ran consistant 13.80's at the same track I run my LS1 at.

As far as my times go I don't think my car is a factory freak just because my dyno graphs are identical to almost every other dyno graph I have seen for stock LS1's. So take all this from my experience how you want it... but all I have to say is if somebody wants to test they're 05-up GT to a stock LS1 and are close to KY give me a shout cause I will be happy to race!!
Old 10-01-2006 | 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2001ramairconv
We've tried here and on the other thread with 143 or so posts this guy is a tool he won't listen and thinks his car is the best thing since sliced bread. Maybe you can can get through but I doubt it.
probably wont just because he has a Mustang and he thinks it's the ****... me PERSONALLY, I hate Mustangs but thats just me... I'm not gonna hold it against anybody for liking Mustangs but hey thats what makes the world go round... if there were no people that loved mustangs then there would be no mustangs on the street for me to beat
Old 10-01-2006 | 10:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by IntegraVTEC
probably wont just because he has a Mustang and he thinks it's the ****... me PERSONALLY, I hate Mustangs but thats just me... I'm not gonna hold it against anybody for liking Mustangs but hey thats what makes the world go round... if there were no people that loved mustangs then there would be no mustangs on the street for me to beat
just watch out for them sub 13 stangs .
Good point though, everyone is entitled to their own opnion. However I think everyone agrees that this bigthree guy is a real johnson.
Old 10-01-2006 | 11:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Car RamRod
just watch out for them sub 13 stangs .
Good point though, everyone is entitled to their own opnion. However I think everyone agrees that this bigthree guy is a real johnson.

Thank you. Sometimes I get a tad offended when people group stang owners together.....just like I can't stand it when stang owners on SVTP do the same to Fbod guys.......EVERY CAR ENTHUSIAST knows...there are ******** in EVERY group. From Scion to Lamborghini..it doesn't matter.
Old 10-02-2006 | 10:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

just as the saying goes your not going to convince any dirtbike brand loyalist owner the 6-8k they just plunked down on there dirtbike wasnt buying the best they could get , this guy with the mustang must have the same train of thought.for his loss of money. he wants to convince himself it was a wise purchase.
Old 10-02-2006 | 11:12 AM
9 Second Club

wants to convince himself it was a wise purchase.
It may have been a wise purchase...for him. Come on. I realize this is LS1 tech...but wow.

Then they get creative and do all the mid 60's decals (i.e. rice) to their 6 bangers and GT's.
Rice?

I'm not going to defend BigThree here, but some of you guys are a little off base by grouping all mustang owners together. With that said, a well driven S197 will take some mods to hang with a stock LS1 car. However, a tune and some pretty basic bolt-ons can get an S197 over the 300whp mark. Just trying to keep some facts in this here "discussion".

http://www.alternativeauto.com/prods...tang_tune.html
Old 10-02-2006 | 12:51 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
It may have been a wise purchase...for him. Come on. I realize this is LS1 tech...but wow.
I agree.
Old 10-02-2006 | 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

If he had a proper intake and exhaust with tune, he should have been somewhere around the same dyno numbers as you. 12.9's-13.3 ish. is easily done with that setup that he had on his stang. I was low thirteens (13.4) in mine when I was stock. With the tune, he should be right with you because these things are seriously de-tuned from the factory. Most guys that are custom tuned are running around the 300whp and tq. Basically, you need to run into a M5 with the driver mod .

You can't judge a car by any one race, especially cars that within .5 tenths of each other.
Here's the track where I run. It's high altitude so the numbers will be at least a second slower than normal. They say 1.2 seconds slower
This is proof that you can't judge a car by one race.

Click here
Not his fault most mustang drivers cant drive But seriously the vette is lighter and will have a better powerband than the mustang so given the same mods id say that he still should win by a good 3 cars racing from a dig to 100 with a similar driver.
Old 10-02-2006 | 01:32 PM
TECH Addict

If you win, I'll say Nice kill. One think you should know about the S197's. They were seriously de-tuned. You should beat a stock one, but don't be suprised if one beats you that's stock. The cars are so close that it can happen. On the highway, you should beat him no problem from what I hear. I simply don't remember any races at the track that started from a roll though.
A simple re-flash of the computer without a CAI has gained 20 to 25 RWHP. With a CAI, these things get 25 to 30RWHP. I know a guy that has dynoed at 302hp and 317tq with a tune.
Post up some graphs as I havent seen correct numbers that high on a s197, not saying they dont exist but a graph helps a lot.
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Post up some graphs as I havent seen correct numbers that high on a s197, not saying they dont exist but a graph helps a lot.

best graph I could find enclosed.
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:26 PM
9 Second Club

Heres a video of a stock 05 GT putting down 286RWHP stock. I think it's entirely possible to tune an S197 and get to 300RWHP...
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:27 PM
9 Second Club

Heres a video of a stock 05 GT putting down 286RWHP stock.
http://www.bristoldyno.com/videos/videos2.htm
I think it's entirely possible to tune an S197 and get to 300RWHP...
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:27 PM
Banned

^ Thats a good dyno run.

There's this wierd cone paper thing in the intake.
Its absolutely ridiculous, some of the restrictions on these newer cars.

I do agree with IntegraVtec's POV because i have seen a new GT Auto on a dyno graph, and it wasn't pretty. It was around 255 hp, but I don't remember exactly.

You must consider. LS1's are opened up from the factory with great induction, headflow, basically shorty headers and a more free flowing exhaust. Those things ad up, and ad up fast.

Not to bore some of you with a LT1 story, but it had the same issues. A dockey dick intake, power sucking exhaust manifold, and a subpar single cat exhaust.
Just replacing the intake, exhaust, and headers on an LT1 nets another 25-40 hp, or where the car should be... and thats on an A4, and im not stating the Tq numbers, which are still impressive even for today.

Dont mistake, im not backing up anything or stating thats the way it should be, but all we all know the deal. Those new stangs have what it takes, and this article is no surprise to me.

Old 10-02-2006 | 02:30 PM
9 Second Club

Sorry for the triple post. Mu computer seems to be a little wacky...
Old 10-02-2006 | 02:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 04Terminator
Heres a video of a stock 05 GT putting down 286RWHP stock.
http://www.bristoldyno.com/videos/videos2.htm
I think it's entirely possible to tune an S197 and get to 300RWHP...
no offense man, but that is not the norm...

there have been ls1's dynoing 330 bone stock, so whats ur point?