Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Why Honda owners get butthurt on the internet

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HTX
I love my F-Body but my Honda had its advantages. First of all the handling was a hell of a lot better. I cant haul *** around the turns on the country roads anymore. Everytime I try my rear end wants to slide around. And second it was just a nicer car. looked better, more comfortable, and smoother ride. It was a really nice car and I had fun with it. But it just wasnt fast enough. I had to almost relearn how do drive when I traded for my Ls1. lol. A 200hp fwd is a lot different than a 300 hp rwd. I thought I would mis my Honda but I dont. I love my Ls1 and I dont ever want to go back.
I'll tell you what. You go back and get your beloved CL and I'll race you (or your "import friends" on their U-turn "course" ) any day of the week!! Just remember, not ALL f bodies are ONLY set up for <1.5 60's with drag suspensions, skinnies, and no front sway bar. I take pride in kicking rice-a-jabroni azz in their "twisties", and yeah, they can't believe it's happening when it does!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

The post is true. Ricers seem to be bred from bits and pieces of knowledge that have proliferated from actual pro import tuners. The hype from the F&F series of movies and loads of compact tuner mags only aggravate the problem.

When some 500hp Civic whoops on a Camaro, everyone thinks that a Civic can EASILY be faster than said Camaro. They don't realize that in general, a Civic burning a Camaro is an EXCEPTION, not the RULE. When it comes to racing, especially on the street, the Camaro has almost every advantage except their "nicer interior" or something just as worthless.. a moot point while in the pursuit of power.

Another problem is the endurance of 80s and 90s stereotypes regarding domestics. I remember the topic of "feedback" was discussed before, I don't think it was here though. The theory was that popular opinion, even those expressed in magazines such as Consumer Reports, is regurgitated by word-of-mouth. Kids these days are recycling their parents' and grandparents' stereotypes. What kinda people provide opinions to CR? The same people who are subscribed. Who subscribes to CR? The same people who take everything they publish as the gospel.

It's a war that can't even be won on the street. As long as we're winning, I don't care what anyone says.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HTX
Hey man do you know that some of those import guys can get thier car under 2400 lbs? compared to that 3500 lbs is pretty heavy.
I know they cam make them light, but so can I.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NightWindDriftr
Another problem is the endurance of 80s and 90s stereotypes regarding domestics
Yeah like the mullet stereotype, thats my favorite. Thats why I rock my mullet wig on occasion while driving the TA with the t-tops off.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah that whole domestic quality sucks thing is such crap. Maybe it used to be worse but in this day in age almost all cars have good build quality. my boss said he would never buy an american car again, he had an audi A4 1.8T. I was able to convince him to go to a chevy dealership when his lease was up and he ended up buying an 06 monte ss. His words, the monte is faster, rides better, nicer interior, and all around a better car. He completely loves the car and to top it off he pays 300 a month as opposed to the 425 for the audi.
Old 10-13-2006, 06:48 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had some honda guys try to race me once! i gave them alot of cars head start and after putting ALOT MORE cars on them,the driver told me my car was sad because he kept up with me . yeah,his mid-14 sec car kept up with a low-10 sec car???? i guess if your still in the same area code,to the honda driver it's keeping up.
Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

im gonna get flamed for this but here goes...

98.9% fo those dumbshit idiot teens with civics are ******* retards and dont know the first damnt hing about a car. they think OH! a spoiler more downforce! 50hp there. oh! a bodykit, more aerodynamic, somehow it adds hp also. and ahh the beloved fart pipe. bigger is better right?! wow! i bet this added 40 hp!
Old 10-13-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by mike c.
i had some honda guys try to race me once! i gave them alot of cars head start and after putting ALOT MORE cars on them,the driver told me my car was sad because he kept up with me . yeah,his mid-14 sec car kept up with a low-10 sec car???? i guess if your still in the same area code,to the honda driver it's keeping up.
Thats why i really never race ricers, they somehow can claim a victory of sorts after losign miserably, kinda like the Democrats.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tainted
im gonna get flamed for this but here goes...

98.9% fo those dumbshit idiot teens with civics are ******* retards and dont know the first damnt hing about a car. they think OH! a spoiler more downforce! 50hp there. oh! a bodykit, more aerodynamic, somehow it adds hp also. and ahh the beloved fart pipe. bigger is better right?! wow! i bet this added 40 hp!
Never knew this you mean some people don't auctally take them to race tracks spend hours upon hours picking cams, building the motors and tweaking suspension settings?

I was fooled because this lime green del sol had a spoiler on top of a spoiler, I figured he was a big money player and just cowared when he asked to race.

If you don't see the sarcasm, then you will also think I want you to live

I know i'm in a VERY small group of "fast" civics, and even smaller one here.

I still wonder where the kill is?
Old 10-14-2006, 12:43 AM
Launching!

im goin to have to agree with the dude who posted this that the ricers really dont have that great of knowledge of cars and have seen too many movies . i still think they are retarded. But i feel if they took the time to listen to what real people who actually have decently fast cars say about performance i think they would change their minds. its just the crowd they hang around and the movies they see that makes them think they are hot **** peer pressure is a bitch
Old 10-15-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Resident

its no wonder why I get all these goddamn hondas doin flyby's on me.........
Old 10-15-2006, 10:59 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ace$nyper
I was fooled because this lime green del sol had a spoiler on top of a spoiler, I figured he was a big money player and just cowared when he asked to race.

If you don't see the sarcasm, then you will also think I want you to live

I know i'm in a VERY small group of "fast" civics, and even smaller one here.

I still wonder where the kill is?
Can you re-write your post? I can't seem to understand a damn thing you are trying to say.
Old 10-15-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Camaro02DK
well I am well aware of that my camaro has no problems with any honda I have met..... always been big kills

My DD is a Saab 9-5 Aero with some upgrades, doing apx. 270hp and it really runs good for a 4 banger with a turbo.... don't know if any of you guys ever been beating on one, but then acceleration is good. More and more I like racing Honda's more in that then the Camaro... I gotta work for it....
I wish I could say the same, So far my one and only loss was to a Honda. ****** wouldn't race from a dig though or I would have em. But oh well. Obviously HTX the fbodies you saw that couldn't maneuver those turns couldn't drive. If you Google map Old Man's Cave Ohio take a look at the surrounding roads I took my SS there this summer (Also the same spot C&D mag took the viper and the c6 to test drive) and I was amazed at some of the speeds my SS took those corners. Only suspension mod I have is SFC's and I think the slowest I went was 25mph and that was around a tight hairpin turn where the warning sign said 10mph

To the original poster too funny. It's so true to.
Old 10-16-2006, 12:14 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by HTX
...And second it was just a nicer car. looked better, more comfortable, and smoother ride.
I'm still looking around in here for the "more comfortable/smoother ride" forum.

It's probably full of mostly stock Hondas.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 10-16-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I had some guy the other day from the store next to mine, ask how fast is your car to 60 about 7secs? i was like wtf! no more like 5.2! he was like really i thought with all that weight it wouldn't be that quick!
Now it makes sence why all the little hot hatches keep trying to race me, when i'm at a light just idling you can't really hear the exaust till you get on it & knowing that most fucktards here don't know **** about American V8s apart from what the media eg Top gear tell them, that they can't handle are heavy & can't go round corners! they think it's gonna be slow because of it's size, or maybe it's just a sports car and i've put the duel exausts on myself to make it look fast, did they even look at the size of my fuukin tires, they've got got till the light turns green to find out!
Old 10-16-2006, 02:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by brad8266
Thats why i really never race ricers, they somehow can claim a victory of sorts after losign miserably, kinda like the Democrats.
Exactly i raced a turbo delsol completely whooped his ***. After the race he thought i left and started talking crap. "Ohh i coulda had him if we would raced longer, i was pulling on him at the end when he hit his brakes" LOL no **** you was pulling on me i was slowing down idiot. And how fast do you want to f'ing go? 120mph with me ahead by 4 carlengths wasn't enough.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I copied and pasted this story on a local import forum and they all got butthurt too!
Old 10-16-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by zigroid
I copied and pasted this story on a local import forum and they all got butthurt too!
link??? I wanna see
Old 10-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg link! I'd even register to read it!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:50 PM
Tech Resident

Originally Posted by HTX
I love my F-Body but my Honda had its advantages. First of all the handling was a hell of a lot better. I cant haul *** around the turns on the country roads anymore. Everytime I try my rear end wants to slide around. And second it was just a nicer car. looked better, more comfortable, and smoother ride. It was a really nice car and I had fun with it. But it just wasnt fast enough. I had to almost relearn how do drive when I traded for my Ls1. lol. A 200hp fwd is a lot different than a 300 hp rwd. I thought I would mis my Honda but I dont. I love my Ls1 and I dont ever want to go back.
sounds like you need to take off the bald stock 245 tires.

get yourself a set of ZO6 rims and some 275/40/17 hankook ventus H405 tires. that's what i have and it handles amazingly well. it's even great in the rain. these tires are absolutely phenominal. they're H-rated so they're only safe to 130 mph, but they grip very well on dry road, are incredible in the rain, have a ton of tread and look great. i love them. yes, they're a little expensive (~$450 a set, not too bad but not cheap either), but sitting on top of 17" ZO6 wheels it's some of the best all-weather handling i've experienced. soooo much better than my old V6 firebird.

i may step up and try their Sport K104's next time. they seem to be rated very highly.

Last edited by ChocoTaco369; 10-17-2006 at 12:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Why Honda owners get butthurt on the internet